• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
So I tried starting a thread for a breeding guide, and I was obviously in the wrong section because Wolfare had it closed.

My question is now, does anyone think a thread that contained all my research on breeding and such would be useful.
I ask because I don't really want to waste my time, posting another if it's just going to get closed again.
And It's going to be pretty comprehensive, like I've got a fair amount of information gathered already.

That'd be very useful, so go ahead and post it in the trade corner main forum and I will approve it.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
So I tried starting a thread for a breeding guide, and I was obviously in the wrong section because Wolfare had it closed.

My question is now, does anyone think a thread that contained all my research on breeding and such would be useful.
I ask because I don't really want to waste my time, posting another if it's just going to get closed again.
And It's going to be pretty comprehensive, like I've got a fair amount of information gathered already.
That sounds like a great guide. I'm looking forward to seeing it. :)

@Mac
When is TC's next event?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2012
Um....

Um.... How do you trade over the Internet? Because everyone is offoring and stuff but I have no idea how to trade over the internet into you ds!

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
You have to set the wifi settings for your game, first of all. The setup should be on the same screen as the continue game button. You also need a pal pad and your friend code. FCs are pretty much your address, you give it to people, people plug it in, you add their FC, you can trade with each other. The pokemon center is where you'll be doing all your trading.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Um.... How do you trade over the Internet? Because everyone is offoring and stuff but I have no idea how to trade over the internet into you ds!
First you need to configure your wi-fi settings. You do that on the main menu of your Pokémon game. After that, you go up stairs to the pokecenter and talk to the npc in the center for HGSSBWB2W2.

Don't forget to exchange friend codes (in the pal pad). :)

EDIT: Ninja'd by Griffy. :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
help

can anyone tell me how to get my friend code, i have been playing pokemon since RBY and also if someone needs a evolved porygon i have 2 dubious disk and an upgrade just let me know I wanna expierence the full pokemon exp with trading and meeting new people thank you :)

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
Quick Questions

I have a couple quick questions.

1. What do we give pokemon for? Do we sell them just for fun or for money?
2. Can I use my action replay and give pokemon away?

I have read the rules but do not fully understand it. That's why I am asking these questions.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@tpaskavich: It's the Pal Pad.

@K1ngQu33n: Everything here is pasted from Trade Corner Rules, so I hope this helps.

1. Trade only Pokémon for Pokémon. You may not trade Pokémon for money, merchandise, video games, trading cards, collectibles, Wiipoints, Neopet points, etc. Keep trading within the actual Pokémon games.

2. On Action Replay Codes... If you use an Action Replay to maintain your shop, be sure to list which codes you use (e.g. cloning, fast egg hatching, max items). Please do not exchange codes on the forum.
The following are not considered hacked and are allowed to be traded here if you indicate what you did:
— Cloned Pokémon
— Pokémon hatched by Fast Egg Hatch code
— Pokémon caught by 100% Capture Rate code
— Pokémon raised with boosted Experience points code
— Pokémon raised with infinite Rare Candy, vitamins, EV wings codes
— Pokémon legitimately obtained but with aid of flashcart/emulator (including backing up save files)
— Using codes to obtain infinite legal items
— Using max Battle Points code to tutor Pokémon
— Using Rebattle codes
— Using IV/EV Check codes to check a Pokemon's stats

Regarding giveaways...
— Unless you have explicit permission from the Pokémon's owner, do not give away another person's Pokémon.
— Please do not have "guess a number" or "guess my favorite Pokémon" games, as they tend to generate spam.
— You may give away Pokémon within your Trade Thread. You can create a separate Giveaway thread if you feel like you need the extra space, but you must have your old shop temporarily closed. We love you, but we don't need you trying to manage two threads at one time. :)

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
Another Question... Can I do a rare candy service? Like, Can I get people's pokemon and be trusted to level them to whatever level they wan't than give them back to them?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
You can but that's usually frowned upon because it's altogether too easy to run away with said 'mon. Not saying that you would but it's inevitable that if this service was widespread, someone looking to make a quick buck could take advantage of it.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Charmander is considered as English but if you have JP Ditto, it's still OK with Masuda method. You have to have just one foreign Pokemon. Also, if you had two foreign Pokemon but the same nationality (eg. 2 Japanese mons) Masuda won't work.

Good luck!

Dreadnought

Imperador
Years
Been a long time since i posted here. Glad to see RNG has been picked up a lot at PC.

Been doing some 4th gen RNG Projects. Mainly just breeding shinies. So much easier for me to RNG Shinies in 4th Gen than 5th.

I rng'd the following shinies today. (IV's probably suck, but they are more for collecting anyways)

183.png
315.png
215.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2012
I got a Japanese Shiny Whimsicott off the GTS the other day. All he wanted for it was a level 100 elektrike. He was probably trolling but I happened to have one from trollin my brother in battles haha. Hope he enjoys that Elektrike XD

I also have a pretty strong strand of PKRS if anyone needs it.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Whaaaa'!
I miss playing Pokémon. I've been on a bit of a hiatus. My thread is completely dead. :(
Still waiting for TC events. *cough*blade*cough*

I never even went to Gamestop to get Keldeo. @_@

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i just got in to the 5th generation and i really like the new trading system but i keep running
in to these Japanese guys that are trolling me. does this happen to you a lot?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I don't know about trolling, but they do pop up a lot, yes. Japanese carts on wifi outnumber everyone else by like 20 to 1 and only once in a blue moon do you get someone who isn't using a Japanese cart. That's the thing though, half of the people there are likely not Japanese, but using a Japanese cart. Nonetheless, it gets irritating.

Dalek_Kabu

Resident Fossil
Years
KABUTOPSIAN'S WHITE TWO PLAYTHRU SIGN UP

Pick a pokemon or rival (first come first served) to be used as a mon on one of my teams on my white 2 playthru. GL and no duplicate mons please.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i just got a level 100 haxorus holding a masterball and a level 100 blastoise for a level 90 riachu and a level 50 heatran!, score!
EDIT:hehe, someone just tried to troll me by showing me a shiny turtwig and logging out but before they hit the "log out" button i showed them my shiny level 100 giratina then waited a few minutes acting innocent as if i didn't know they couldn't cancel ending the trade and then gave them a sad face and ended the trade. yeah! feel the burn troll!

Last edited:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Going to play BW2! I'll buy a cartridge later when I get off from work. I'll try to be active again.

Why I stopped playing...
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back