• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen WHY are the champions weak

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
this just maybe my personal opionon but i was just wondering if anyone else felt the same in black and white 2 it seems that Alder and Cynthia are weaker than in black and white. now that being said i know some one will say that alder is no longer them champ and cynitha is in the wrong region but still does anyone agree or disagree with me????

Cynthia.jpg
Alder-detail.png

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Apparantly, you haven't fought Alder's PWT team, which is said to be harder than his usual team. As for Cynthia, her Garchomp is still a pain unless you wear it down (while hoping Dragon Rush's not-so-good accuracy is actived more often. The reason why they replaced her Milotic with Glaceon is because of Wallace, who uses it as his signature Pokemon. If you're talking about their levels in BW2 compared to BW1, I think GF wants the player to face them earlier, after beating Iris, to unlock some of the post-story's features (i.e. Black Tower/White Hollow).

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
this just maybe my personal opionon but i was just wondering if anyone else felt the same in black and white 2 it seems that Alder and Cynthia are weaker than in black and white. now that being said i know some one will say that alder is no longer them champ and cynitha is in the wrong region but still does anyone agree or disagree with me????

Alder I never had problems with at all with my 2 pokemon but they made Cynitha weaker it seems in B2

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
It normally depends on what type of pokemon you have really, Cynithia/Alder can be annoying if you aren't high leveled or don't have the right pokemon against them. I don't think they are weak since they do have powerful pokemon with strong moves.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
cynthia didn't give me much trouble for my Virizion(that i got from a trade. he is lvl 82) the only bump was spiritomb because his only non fighting and non normal move is leaf blade. i haven't fought alder yet but i might when i get around to it.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Agreed, the Champions are fairly simple to fight. But, is it just that were so good now?

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Agreed, the Champions are fairly simple to fight. But, is it just that were so good now?

You have a point there. We might have gotten strong enough during the game, to beat them with ease. As for the Champions, they were fought as much earlier stages, at your first elite four visit. That's just my thoughts.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Much stronger so quickly you have become, hm? Heavily training quite diligently you must be!

Yoda-speak aside, the original battle with the E4 is Lv.50 in B/W (N is Lv.52, Ghetsis is Lv.54). This is higher in B2/W2 [E4 and Champion top out at Lv.61, rematch is higher like in B/W). So my Yoda-speak is actually quite accurate here.

Cyclone

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Much stronger so quickly you have become, hm? Heavily training quite diligently you must be!
Cyclone

That's what I was thinking ;) I didn't really find Cynthia any different, maybe less pressure since if you lost you didn't have to re-face the Elite Four? I actually was a little disappointed by Alder, I never had trouble with him at all, though it was a nice try, Gamefreak, haha.

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
You could call me a little obsessive about training. I like to have my party be at level 75 before taking on the E4+1. Makes it seem easy and I get to go around the region looking at things i otherwise skipped. Training for me seems fun (or am i just different :/) and thus the E4+1 always seem easy. Cynthia is always a challenge if you arent prepared, or if you flat get unlucky. Alder was sufficiently weakened in B2/W2 as A) he is no longer the champ and B) you get to challenge him on your own time, which appears to be the trend when weakening trainers in the series.
Spoiler:
My warped take and all this "weak" talk. pfft. Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Back