• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Fallout Boy Music

Years
So what do you guys think of the bands return to the music seen which has started with this song

Personally I like the edgy yet catchy feel the song has and I'm looking forward to the rest of the stuff on the new album.

What do you think of the single? Are you a fan of the bad? Are you anticipating the release of their new album?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's too...speak-y for me. I feel like they tried to channel their inner hip-hop, which isn't why I liked older Fall Out Boy.

I did think the message of burning the old Fall Out Boy was kind of cool in the music video though. But if this is the music they intend on sticking with, meh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Very happy to hear about their return! I love Fall Out Boy, and I am really excited to see their new type of music. It's been 3 years, so im pretty stoked for new FOB stuff.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Oh I see they're continuing their super long song title thing they had going.

I'm meh on this song.
Love Infinity on High and hope their next release will be superior or on par with it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oh wow, I had no idea they were reforming? When did this happen! At any rate I'm not a huge fan of this song, but they always tend to have one or two different songs on each album so hopefully this'll just be another one of those and we can stick to the FoB we know and love. With most bands I think they should definitely try to vary their styles at least occasionally, but I'm not sure this is one of those cases. As great as he is, I don't think Patrick Stump is really a good enough vocalist to handle ranging out too much (as proven by the new song), but I guess we'll see with the new album!

Years
The song isn't....bad. I guess I've never been much of a Fall Out Boy fan to start with, but alot of there singles were at least catchy. I guess the only reason I look at this and kind of frown a bit is because they are the next in the long line of bands that seem to be changing their sound. So far last year (and this one) I've heard The Killers, The Strokes, Muse, and The Goo Goo Dolls all come out with Singles that are well new, not just by timespan but also in style and attitude.. (As well as other I can't quite remember atm) I guess I'm just tired of being surprised?

I guess in the end, it falls on personal taste, but I'd like to see at least 1 album come out where it's not a departure from their old material. I'm not saying that change is bad, I'm just kinda feel it's a trend now. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times, and I need to roll with them :) Who knows?

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
Years
This song's nice and all, but i just can't settle with knowing that they want to change what they are known for. I think that if your the best at something, trying and failing means you should stick to what you know. Stump tried to do another genre, but he failed. Now we have a real FOB return, and they do something that makes it a big disapoitment in my eyes: they step out of their realm of music. If this song was on Folie a duex, it would make more since, because at least it would have been an EXPERIMENT, but not a whole ALBUM of this....-sigh-

Years
I don't really know if the entire album will stray from their usual path but I honestly don't see this song as hugely different, I admit it is but not as greatly different as others seem to think so. As long as they stay unique and don't try to be a different band I'm okay with this direction.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Oh god, these buffoons. I'm sorry, but this emo-scene crap is just awful, especially when compared to real punk music (that's right, not this pop-punk garbage). Yeah, I'll take Sex Pistols and The Clash over your Fall Out Boy and Green Day.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I don't really care for the new single, and didn't like a lot of their older stuff, but they're fun to see live. Too bad tickets sold out INSTANTLY. /grumble@mainstream ticket sales

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Fair enough but even if you don't like the genre you can't deny they're good at it.
No, you see, the entire essence of Pop-"Punk" is that it's all about pleasing wannabe-scene preteens for the purpose of $$$. Pop-"Punk" is based off of marketable themes, such as:

-Ex-girlfriends
-Unrequited Love
-Being Depressed
-High School
-Getting dumped
-"Good Times"

I mean, this crap is slightly better than their older crap, but it's still crap.

Years
I don't want to start a musical debate here but I'm far from being a wannabe-scene preteen and I enjoy their music. Look at music throughout the ages and music with lyrics is primarily about things like that because that's what people have experienced and relate to.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No, you see, the entire essence of Pop-"Punk" is that it's all about pleasing wannabe-scene preteens for the purpose of $$$. Pop-"Punk" is based off of marketable themes, such as:

-Ex-girlfriends
-Unrequited Love
-Being Depressed
-High School
-Getting dumped
-"Good Times"

I mean, this crap is slightly better than their older crap, but it's still crap.

Not everyone who listen to pop-punk are wannabe-scene preteens, me being one of them. I just really like the music and that's the case for alot of people. That's just a stereotype and it's silly to be making generations about something like that cause I'm sure not all Pop punk bands make that type of music just too make money. They just like that style and they choose to make that kind of music. Also alot of bands/artist , not just pop punk, make songs about those things because that stuff happens to alot of people and it's a topic many can relate too. If you don't like the genre that's fine, but don't have to do nothing but complain about it and it's artist.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm honestly just happy that they're back. The first time I heard this I was really happy just because of the fact they were finally off hiatus. This is different from their usual stuff , but it's not that bad. I find it rather catchy and it's been in my head since the day they released it. I heard it on the radio tonight and got really excited cause FREAKING FALL OUT BOY ARE BEING PLAYED ON THE RADIO AGAIN. :D They're one of my favorite bands and so I'm glad that they're making a new album. Though I'm hoping that not all their song on the new album are like this. Anyone one noticed how it says "[2 Chainz edition]"? I feel that maybe they might release a different version of the song on the album. Patrick Stump did that with his solo project. He released versions of his song "Spotlight". One called the "Oh Nostalgia" version and it was released on his EP Truant Wave and the other was the "New Regrets" version which was on his full LP, Soul Punk. I kind of hope they do something like that and release a different and better sounding version in the future. Though it may be that the "2 Chainz edition" is just a version of the video that features 2 Chainz.

Speaking of the video here's how I interpret it. You got 2 Chainz, a popular rapper and some other women burning old FOB albums and memorabilia. 2Chainz then opens a van with the members of FOB all tied up and with bags over their face and then proceeds to light a match and burn the members of the band. To me the video represents how rap and such has taken over the charts and replacing rock music. Years ago a good majority of popular music was rock, but now it's mostly rap and dance beats and so rock is pretty much dead in the mainstream music industry. I think what FOB are saying that they're here to change that and bring rock music back. I think they're also saying that by burning they're old stuff, they're moving on. The FOB people knew is gone and they want to start fresh and new. Whenever an artist comes back from hiatus they never really have the same style they did back then. Music changes with the times. music. So frankly I'm excited to see what they have in store for the future.

TL;DR I'm just happy they're back after three years of hiatus. I really like this song and can't wait for their new album.

Last edited:
Back