• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where would you live?

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
I'd live in New Bark Town just because there's a guy that hands out Pokémon like candy.
No, but I'd probably have to live in either Goldenrod, or whatever city is closest to the Pokémon League (I don't want to turn my DS on to check :P) so I could have a steady flow of good challengers

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Azalea or Ecruteak. Azalea because it's peaceful and slowpokes and it is next to a forest I can explore all I want. And if I ever did have the need to go to a city I can just go through the forest and there's Goldenrod City right beyond it. As for Ecruteak I have always loved the buildings there and the history that is behind its towers and it's also small and peaceful. And again, if I ever needed to go to the city for some reason Goldenrod City isn't too far away.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
Years
I would love to live in Johto in general, because there isn't one place there that I wouldn't enjoy living in! Maybe that just means I like the friendly and chill atmosphere of the Pokemon universe in general, but there is no other region I'd rather live. Not by a long shot.

I'd love to live in Azalea Town, not because it has aspects that I like in real life, but mostly because it reminds me most of my childhood in Cebu City (I know Azalea isn't a city, haha!). It's just such a chill place, like peaceful living and ish like that. It's surrounded by a forest, and its atmosphere and location gave me a kind of looking-into-the-future and thinking-of-the-old-times feeling!

Pokemon-GSC-Johto-AzaleaTown.png

I would like walking around with that awesome music playing overhead all the time, as if that's actually how it works

Also, these!

I'd so live in Ecruteak or Cianwood. Reason for Ecruteak is that I love the pagoda style houses and Japanese themed music, and I really like Bell Tower.

Olivine. I would love to live there because it seems really peaceful there, and you got a beach close by! Also lighthouses are cool hah.

Years
Olivine, because it's right next to the beach. And the pretty Glitter Lighthouse. And the Olivine Cafe. It seems like a pretty nice place to live in general.
A nice seaside town would be perfect for me. The beauty of the city and the calm, relaxing ocean air would be a major attraction for me.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Here let me break this down to real life expenses and everything.

New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City are in BFE so lower crime rate and less expenses

Violet City, Azalea Town, and Blackthorn City is a little bigger so more places to work, eat, shop, etc but more pricey.

Goldenrod City, pretty much the NYC of Pokemon. The crime rate would be high and cost of living would be brutal, so yea.

Ecruteak City, is the suburbs of Goldenrod City so it would be a little pricey and bad crime rate.

Olivine City and Cianwood City, lets get real here. They're on the beach, you know how much beach houses cost? Yea lol

Mahogany Town - Cold AF, I think I'll pass.

I think I'd do good in Violet City or Azalea Town.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ecruteak City! It's my favorite place in the whole series probably, though The Under from Colosseum is a close second haha. I love the history behind the buildings in Ecruteak, I like the Pokemon that surround it, the gym leader is awesome, and the Kimono Girls are there! I love the music there too. Though I prefer the original music (I like the sombre feel to it), HGSS added a great flair to Ecruteak's music to make it unique and I really like it. So yes, Ecruteak for me! :) Oh and it's a cool name. Forgot to mention that haha.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Goldenrod: Its crowded and there's many places to visit and looks like it can be a fun place to live in!

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
I would like to live in Olivine, Goldenrod, and New Bark. Olivine because it's a festive city and it's close to the sea. Goldenrod because of the Department Store and Magnet Train, New Bark because it's so peaceful there.

Yiazmat

going ham since 93'
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 6, 2013
Olivine City, because of the lighthouse, gym and whatnot.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
I'd live in Goldenrod :) That place just seems so fun. I've always loved the city.

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
The bright lights of Goldenrod tempt me, but Cianwood, with its pixelly architecture, expanse of ocean, and Jasmine, is simply a lovely place.

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen today
Goldenrod. Has a great atmosphere plus so much to do.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2013
Right outside of Goldenrod City by the Day care. Because I love breeding pokemon

Back