• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extraterrestrial Intelligences

DjentlemanJoe

A True Djentleman
Years
I found this and found some of it interesting. I was googling 'aliens' and checked out a link about Jaden Smith speaking to Obama about ET's.

Here is the quote I refer to (can be seen in comments @ http://www.openminds.tv/jaden-smith-says-obama-confirmed-aliens-are-real-982/).

Of course aliens do exist, and they do come to earth, and you can of course see for yourself. Check out Sirius Disclosure, they do CE-5 training, which means human initiated contact. The thing is though that the military loves spending tons of money on wars, and pretend that aliens can be a threat, when in fact, just to reach the level 1 civilization we need world peace, you cannot have war, and grow as a society. Any alien civilization, that has the capability to come to Earth, must have achieved peace already. Look at Erwin Schrodinger who mathematically proved that there is no separation, and everything is in the same space and time, it just appears far away. This is true, and there is only one mind in the entire universe, and therefore aliens attacking us, is as silly as attacking themselves. Earth has not achieved this understanding yet, we still harm ourselves and others, although some have learned the way of peace. Listen to others, be curious of everybody, and that is key to success! You can have anything you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want!

Thoughts on this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I think it's ignorant to believe that we're the only living entity within the universe. There's a high chance that we could be the most evident and only notable race within our solar system, but there's no evidence to suggest this is true. There's an infinite amount of space within this universe, there's also a lot more than just our solar system. From our planet alone, there's estimations of thousands of other solar systems within view, just like ours.

The existence of extremophiles (or organisms that can survive in extremes of heat, cold, poisonous (to us) chemicals) on Earth, suggests that the climate may not matter. There are creatures on this planet who live without oxygen around the edges of super-heated volcanic vents at the bottom of the ocean, and we've found life in the brackish pools of the high Andes, as well as the ice-covered lakes of the arctic. Also to mention, that the existence of life within space has been somewhat proven. There are tiny creatures called tardigrades that can survive in the vacuum of space. To put that in other words, we know that life can exist on other planets, given that we have creatures of our own that could survive on them, we just haven't found it yet. The ratio to the amount of the universe that humans have discovered or searched, to what's left to discover is 1/∞. Those odds are somewhat against us finding any significant lifeforms for a long, long time, as anything near us with any sort of intelligence and civilisation would have been made evident by now.

It is assumed that most of the life on Earth evolved from chemical reactions that eventually formed cellular membranes and proto-DNA. These original chemical reactions could have started with complex organic compounds (such as nucleic acids, proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids) in the atmosphere and ocean. There is evidence that these "precursors to life" exist on other worlds already. Astronomers have spotted them in the rich environment of the Orion Nebula, Titan has some in its atmosphere too. Again, we haven't actually found life, but we've found the ingredients that many scientists believe contributed to the development of life on Earth. If these ingredients have been found elsewhere in our universe, it suggests that life may have also sprouted the same way as it did here, elsewhere.

There is also a rapidly increasing number of newly discovered planets in which are a lot like Earth. For example, there is a planet named HD 85512 b, it is about 3.6 times the size of Earth, and is at the edge of the star's habitable zone, which means it's capable of supporting life. Early results have suggested that this is a very real possibility. It is just one of 50 planets discovered by HARPS, so there's quite a lot of evidence that we're not the only "Earthlike" planet within the universe.

The evolutionary suggests that life adapts to it's surroundings to be created or exist, or begin. Though Darwin and his contemporaries were hardly thinking of life on exoplanets when they came up with evolutionary theory, it does suggest that where life can take hold, it will. It is much like our own Earth, the way plants will grow in almost any conditions, how bacteria can exist in the most extreme conditions and so forth. Humanity may meet creatures we never even dreamed to be possible, unimaginable, or we may in fact evolve into them ourselves. If our race thrives, and planet Earth remains (or any other planet we inhabit in the future), "humanity" is not our final stage.

Years
Let's consider for a second that our civilisation, that is homo sapien or human beings, is an intelligent species.
Okay so we're looking for other creatures with intelligence far beyond our own or for possible signs of uncivilised extremophiles in distant areas.

We should consider that if there are other civilisations being built in the galaxy that they could be taking longer to progress than we have, or that they started building their technology after we did.
Consider we are the most intelligent form of life in our galaxy and other races are struggling to keep up. Just as in the Star Wars Universe humans were among the first to be properly civilised and are now considered the leaders in technological success for all other aspiring species to develop towards.

Maybe science fiction has it right (again) and our explosive technological advances are putting us ever further ahead of our competition. We could be the very thing we have been fearing in sci-fi cinema.

DjentlemanJoe

A True Djentleman
Years
Let's consider for a second that our civilisation, that is homo sapien or human beings, is an intelligent species.
Okay so we're looking for other creatures with intelligence far beyond our own or for possible signs of uncivilised extremophiles in distant areas.

We should consider that if there are other civilisations being built in the galaxy that they could be taking longer to progress than we have, or that they started building their technology after we did.
Consider we are the most intelligent form of life in our galaxy and other races are struggling to keep up. Just as in the Star Wars Universe humans were among the first to be properly civilised and are now considered the leaders in technological success for all other aspiring species to develop towards.

Maybe science fiction has it right (again) and our explosive technological advances are putting us ever further ahead of our competition. We could be the very thing we have been fearing in sci-fi cinema.

150,000,000% this.

We always assume that we will be contacted by advanced races. We COULD very well be the advanced race when first contact is made (if ever/if we haven't already).

Also, to assume that any race would be more advanced based on space travel is flawed - If one country only has boats, and another ONLY has cars, one can travel on land and one on water. Other races may lack in areas or the resources necessary to do things that we consider very basic. They may have electronics in a similar manner, but no wood. That's why countries exchanged knowledge, and it also suggests that races we ever come into contact with might have that idea in mind.

Years
If anything we could see a scenario like in Man Of Steel - our deep space travels just happen to take us to planets close enough to our own, ones we could terraform a bit to live on, encountering a primitive species along the way.

Years
The ESA sent a probe to Titan in 1997, it landed in 2005. It ceased functioning 90mins after touchdown. Here's the only image it captured on the surface of Titan.

Spoiler:

Joint ESA and NASA plans to go back have fallen through. Originally it was only put on the back burner to give priority to another joint mission aiming to explore Jupiter and its moon Europa. Both the plans appear to be up in the air, though. As NASA's budget is too low. The ESA is investigating taking the lead because of NASA's budget woes.

It's kind of hard to find things out there if we can't get funding for NASA. Which is a real shame, in my opinion. And we'd need a new, modernized shuttle too, which reaaaaaaaally isn't cheap. But Titan I think would be a good place to start, if we could.

Years
Well, considering that the observable universe is billions of light-years in diameter, it'd be silly to consider that we're the only form of life in the whole universe. Add the possibility that there may be multiple universes, and there's even less chance from what's already a microscopic chance that we're the only life out there.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
It is highly possible. Life happened here, right? So what makes us believe that it can't happen anywhere else? I believe people who aren't open to the idea of aliens are like those people who where all like "LOL the Earth doesn't revolve around the sun, the sun revolves around the Earth! Now execute him!" from back in the day of swords and shields. If that alien life is intelligent, I don't have any ****ing idea, but I'm 100% sure that it's out there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
The most likely truth is that there is life out there - in the form of micro organisms, either similar to ours or vastly different - but all the same micro.

The public just wouldn't care, and would call any findings a waste of time. People would generally be disappointed unless we discovered some cute little fluffy animal or intelligent life.

Years
I'm wondering if the hypothetically advanced aliens haven't contacted us for the same reason (if you are a male) you wouldn't walk into a cage with a male gorilla.

Years
Whew just in time.

So I saw a UFO/something on Saturday. A bright, streaking reddish light that descended into the clouds, only to re-appear as two lights that eventually converged and lowered into the clouds for good this time. And then a plane headed towards me (Was standing in the driveway) banked a hard left and turned on a dime at a 90 degree angle towards the lights and the direction of the major US air force base, Wright-Patterson.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Whew just in time.

So I saw a UFO/something on Saturday. A bright, streaking reddish light that descended into the clouds, only to re-appear as two lights that eventually converged and lowered into the clouds for good this time. And then a plane headed towards me (Was standing in the driveway) banked a hard left and turned on a dime at a 90 degree angle towards the lights and the direction of the major US air force base, Wright-Patterson.

So here's the trouble I'm having with this. When I see people post about seeing UFOs/somethings on the internet, I choose to believe that they're lying. But when you say it... yeah now I don't know what to say.

So basically you saw a plane trying to tail a UFO/something?!

...and the direction of the major US air force base, Wright-Patterson.
Testing military tech, perhaps?

Years
So here's the trouble I'm having with this. When I see people post about seeing UFOs/somethings on the internet, I choose to believe that they're lying. But when you say it... yeah now I don't know what to say.

So basically you saw a plane trying to tail a UFO/something?!

Testing military tech, perhaps?

Not just me. My girlfriend was standing in the driveway with me and saw the whole thing too.

That's what it looked like. Or something being tested at the base.

Echidna

Years
Not just me. My girlfriend was standing in the driveway with me and saw the whole thing too.

That's what it looked like. Or something being tested at the base.

Where do you live? Maybe someone has footage of this, I so wanna see.

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
I think it's quite possible that we are not alone in the universe. Given how vast this universe is, it's possible that there is some other planet out there, orbiting a star, upon which is some form of life. There is no saying that they couldn't be intelligent as well. I'm not religious at all, but it has never affected my thoughts about extraterrestrials in either direction.

As far as whether or not these beings have visited Earth, I could also say it's definitely possible. These are so many mysteries throughout the world, some ancient and some modern, to which there is no rational explanation. Some theorists, such as writer Zachariah Sitchin have proposed that Earth was visited in ancient times by beings from another planet With their superior technology and intellect, early humans labeled them as gods (some accounts say that the human race itself was created by aliens). This gave rise to the mythologies of many cultures. Some modern fiction, such as Marvel Comics' Thor is based on this principle. While I can't argue for or against the validity of this claim, I do find it to be very thought provoking.

Echidna

Years
I think it's quite possible that we are not alone in the universe. Given how vast this universe is, it's possible that there is some other planet out there, orbiting a star, upon which is some form of life. There is no saying that they couldn't be intelligent as well. I'm not religious at all, but it has never affected my thoughts about extraterrestrials in either direction.

As far as whether or not these beings have visited Earth, I could also say it's definitely possible. These are so many mysteries throughout the world, some ancient and some modern, to which there is no rational explanation. Some theorists, such as writer Zachariah Sitchin have proposed that Earth was visited in ancient times by beings from another planet With their superior technology and intellect, early humans labeled them as gods (some accounts say that the human race itself was created by aliens). This gave rise to the mythologies of many cultures. Some modern fiction, such as Marvel Comics' Thor is based on this principle. While I can't argue for or against the validity of this claim, I do find it to be very thought provoking.

Well this is actually pretty relevant:
aI3iBmP.png

Seriously though o______O

Years

I could be wrong. It could very well have been some kind of test at the base, even though the base was 35 minutes in the other direction. To look at it at least somewhat objectively, I must concede that fact. That being said, I'm familiar with aviation and some physics, and no type of aircraft or form of light or weather anomaly I've ever seen could have performed what I saw last Saturday.

And don't just believe me because its me, look at the merits of the situation and judge for yourself what you believe to be the truth.

Being someone who's always been fascinated about science, flight and space, and aliens and other paranormal phenomenon, it was pretty rad to see something I know I can't rationally explain.

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
Aliens exist.

Is there sufficient proof? No. Proof is irrelevant, we are the only proof needed to show that intelligent creatures can exist in this universe. But it would probably be easier on some of you if there is some. But there's not. There may never be.

It is highly probable that we may never live to see the moment that extraterrestrial intelligence is confirmed to exist. It is also highly probable that it exists too far away for us to reach in the next million years or so unless we master the art of interstellar travel and overcome the speed of light limitations.

C4

Explosive
Years
We have Earth, Mars and Titan (or Saturn VI, Saturn's largest moon).
We have found solid evidence of past drinkable water on Mars.
Saturn VI has a dense atmosphere and clear evidence of stable bodies of surface liquid.

This is three habitable bodies in one star system out of billions of star systems in one galaxy out of billions of galaxies. The likelihood of there not being other life out there is... Astronomically small.

Back