• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MSN Instant Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
This is the MSN thread. So some good topics might be:

Is Skype/any other instant messager superior to MSN, or is it the other way around?

How long have you used MSN?

And whatever else you want to discuss. Also, if you want to post your e-mail address so people can add you I'll list it here.

MSN LIST

[email protected] (USER: Snowdrop NOTE: Accepts all friend requests unless I don't like you, and I am NOT a furry, that e-mail address has a story behind it lol)

[email protected] (USER: Nintendork15)

[email protected] (USER: droomph)

[email protected] (USER: ShadowExcadrill)

[email protected] (USER: Bloodex)

[email protected] (USER: NintendoQueen)

[email protected] (USER: Algo Fonix)

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
This is more of a computer issue than a culture and/or media one, so I'mma move this thread to Computers & Technology.

Moving on up

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I've used MSN since 2005. Skype is superior, however.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Skype is better, but I hardly use skype.
I've always used MSN because the guys I do Game Dev with are all on it.
And my Msn is [email protected]

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I heard Skype is better, but my mom won't let me download it so I'm pretty much forced to use MSN, as nobody on the face of the earth seems to use Yahoo Instant Messaging lol. I don't have a web cam or a device that lets your voice be heard online (and even if I did it'd be a cold day in Hell when I use them) so all I could use would be the IMing, which is essentially the exact same thing I do in MSN.

I've used MSN for abooouuuutttt... a year? I never downloaded anything so apparently I'm using a really outdated version and everyone else has a more updated version :S I don't know much about the whole thing lol.

Years
I use both MSN and Skype. Both are two different services meant for two different things. However, I will say that Skype is indeed better when it comes to VOIP (voice over internet protocol) and videoconferencing than MSN, but IMO, MSN has more features than Skype when it comes to interacting with the person you are speaking with.

droomph

weeb
Years
[email protected]

Anyways

I use fb/msn when I'm on MSN (because I'm coolios) but I have never really gotten around to using it because I always seem to forget about it :c

Personally I don't really have a preference for either one, if I can talk to mah friends I'm happyyyyyyy

Years
I've been using MSN for a good few years now, since about 06/07ish. I've only been using Skype for about a year or so though. As for features Skype is far superior than MSN, but when it comes to instant messaging I think MSN is far better. The Skype messaging interface has always been very clunky to me and a lot of things that can distract you, like the multiple buttons to get you to try and call the other person. I'm not saying MSN doesn't do that, just skype does it more.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to be a strong AIM user but later I find that most of my friends both irl and online are switching back to msn because of the GUI. So I'm like...why not? This was back...two years ago? xD But yeah...I still use it now.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I use aMSN (MSN clone) it allows much more customization, I can use voiceclips and video on a mac as well. Even on a windows it is very nice. I like how it tabs by groups.. but you can even edit it to do custom tabs or no tabs.

I also use skype too, but will use MSN more for chatting and skype for calling.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Honeslty, I've had an MSN for ages. But I've almost never used it. I use to back when my old PC friends still came here, but since then, either we've lost contact, or I've added them on Facebook, which I use more often. Still, I do check every now and then, and am besieged by friend requests.

Mine: [email protected]

Yay for gmail as an MSN!

Oh, and one more then. AIM will always be superior to MSN imo. Hate me all you want, but that's the way I feel.

Years
Please don't post in threads more than a month old. Next time I'd advise you edit your first post to update your contact details.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back