• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen No Elite four in Pokemon World Tournament??

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
i think that all the elite four members should be included in the world tournement. i think it would make it a lil bit harded if they were was in it. i alos belive that there should be no level limit in the tournement you should be able to bring your strongest pokemon in and use them

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
TBH, because the tournament usually locks at Lv.50, I think that has something to do with difficulty. In general, E4 members are above the limited level of 50 imposed at the tournament (maybe not their first run, but definitely the second harder run) and most likely find it limiting their Pokémon's potential. the Champion, on the other hand, always wants to make his or her Pokémon better and thus participates in championships as the representative of the E4 in much the same way that a Gym Leader participates.

Perhaps that's another way to look at it. The E4 is just the ninth Gym and only the leader does things representing the Gym, which in this case is the entire E4.

Note that some leaders have also been seen as holding their own against the E4. Cynthia comes to mind.

Cyclone

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, I believe that the Elite four should stay in their respective reason, but I wish that they were in the Pokemon World Tournament too. That would make the ntire hting harder and even more fun to go through. Anyways, I really liked the PWT, and thought that it was really fun! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Yes that's true but where is Koga? He was an E4 as well as Gym Leader

True, but his current position is as an Elite Four member. His daughter replaced him. In the era that Black 2 and White 2 are taking place, Lance is Champion of Johto/Kanto, Koga is an Elite Four member, and Janine, Koga's daughter, is Gym Leader in his stead.

I figure they leave the Elite Four in their regions to retain some type of authority. In the anime and some of the games, Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have shown to hold some type of authority of law in the Pokemon world. Having EVERY authoritative member in one little building just to battle could be pretty damaging to one society.

KantoSwag

Kanto Wanderer
Years
True, but his current position is as an Elite Four member. His daughter replaced him. In the era that Black 2 and White 2 are taking place, Lance is Champion of Johto/Kanto, Koga is an Elite Four member, and Janine, Koga's daughter, is Gym Leader in his stead.

I figure they leave the Elite Four in their regions to retain some type of authority. In the anime and some of the games, Gym Leaders and Elite Four members have shown to hold some type of authority of law in the Pokemon world. Having EVERY authoritative member in one little building just to battle could be pretty damaging to one society.

But yet, in B/W2, they still are indicating that Blue is the Champion (hence why he appears in the Champion Battle and his Champion theme is played). So how could it be speculated that this is true? Because if that's the case, Blue should have been a Gym Leader, not Champion and the same could be said for Giovanni as well, as in the G/S saga, Blue was the leader while Janine took Koga's stead

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I never said I was correct, I was just throwing stuff out there. xD
Maybe they just have a thing for Blue. Blue IS one of the most popular characters in the series. Red is there for Legendary Trainer status yet he is also there in the Champion's League and junk. Blue could be there because of his popularity as a Champ.
Of course, he could be there just to reel in the older gamers who left because Red and Blue were both forgotten about for a few generations.

Really, it all boils down to the simple reason of, because they can.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Blue was recognized as a past Champion and at the time considering Giovanni came out of hiding, Blue most likely retired as Gym Leader (a job he didn't really like from what I remember in HG/SS) and was replaced again by Giovanni who Blue was only taking the spot of.

Blue and Red are both recognized as Champions so they were invited along with Alder, Cynthia, Steven, and Wallace. Steven and Wallace both being in the same bracket presents a worse scenario than lack of Koga as it acknowledges two separate dimensions of storyline UNLESS you go with past Champions being allowed to compete.

Iris isn't in the current roster because the B2W2 PC replaces her as Champion (second time as far as I remember that a PC is thoroughly recognized as a Champion in game, first being Red in G/S).

Based on this timeline speculation, Blue a retired Gym Leader AND Old Champion was invited as a Champion to take place with Giovanni sporting the Gym Leader role. Leaving the current Champion Lance to be a representative for Johto. Koga, being an Elite Four member stayed behind to protect Johto and his Daughter who succeeded him as Gym Leader went to compete.

Giovanni, Lace, Blue, Red, Wallace, Steven, and Juan are the only real conflicting bodies in the tournament, but its easy to summarize a reason why they are there. All currently recognized Elite Four members stayed behind "to protect their regions while the Champion is away".

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Well, at least they have Red in Pokemon World Tournament he is stronger than every elite four. I'm talking about Red of the game. Not manga. :P

Years
True on the fact that there needs to be some people to protect the region but it would make more sence if the gym leaders did because there are 8 of them, every important city has a gym if a evil group attacks a city a gym leader will most likely protect it instantly other then a E4 member who has to travel to the city first.

Also a region with no gym leaders is unstable because all trainers can't get badges if they didn't collect 8 already so the Elite 4 can't be challenged either so it makes no sense at all to send gym leaders over E4 members.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
In saying that then, why were the Champions of each region included? They have positions in which they can't leave too.

I was thinking that normally not everyone makes it to the Champion, that it's really rare, since the Elite Four are supposed to be really strong.

Plus the Champions seem to be the uh.. figureheads? The leaders? The creators seem to put a lot of effort into the Champions, since they're the final game ending battle. The Champions are also more involved in the story than the Elite Four, most of the Champions appear outside of the Pokemon League in the games. We know their personalities because we've seen them before, rather than having four lines of dialogue and a sprite.

Back