• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movement Permissions List

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
I haven't hacked for a looong time so I was looking around for a list of movement permissions and realized that no one had made one, there was the odd few here and there, but not a big list.

I decided I would start one as I am sure I'm not the only person looking for one, obviously I don't know every tile so if anyone knows one/some not posted here please post and I'll add them to the main list (Along with thanks :D). Anyways, here goes.

?= Requires clarification

IMPORTANT:

The Quick List is a list of all known spaces, however, by hovering the mouse above a space in Advance Map a title will be provided in the status bar.
(See picture D-Trogh's post (#10))

Quick List:

0: Stairs
1: Non-walkthrough
2:
3:
4: Water
5: Non-walkthrough (Water)
6:
7:
8: Walkthrough (Height 1)
9: Non-Walkthrough (Height 1)
A:
B:
C: Walkthrough (Normal) (Height 2)
D: Non-Walkthrough (Height 2)
E:
F: Side top edge of houses
10: Walkthrough (Height 3)
11: Non-Walkthrough (Height 3)
12:
13:
14: Walkthrough (Height 4)
15: Non-walkthrough (Height 4)
16:
17:
18: Walkthrough (Height 5)
19: Non-Walkthrough (Height 5)
1A:
1B:
1C: Walkthrough (Height 6)
1D: Non-walkthrough (Height 6)
1E:
1F:
20: Walkthrough (Height 7)
21: Non-Walkthrough (Height 7)
22:
23:
24: Walkthrough (Height 8)
25: Non-walkthrough (Height 8)
26:
27:
28: Walkthrough (Height 9)
29: Non-Walkthrough (Height 9)
2A:
2B:
2C: Walkthrough (Height 10)
2D: Non-Walkthrough (Height 10)
2E:
2F:
30: Walkthrough (Height 11)
31: Non-Walkthrough (Height 11)
32:
33:
34: Walkthrough (Height 12)
35: Non-Walkthrough (Height 12)
36:
37:
38: Walkthrough (Height 13)
39: Non-Walkthrough (Height 13)
3A:
3B:
3C: Walk under and across
3D:
3E:
3F:

In-Depth Explanations

"See Below" Spaces

Basic Spaces

This space cannot be walked through... EVER!

It is used for walls, trees, etc.

C

This is an ordinary walkthrough tile, it can be walked through until the main character travels through a 0 space in which case it becomes non-walkthrough.

This space is Height 2, but it is the default height, therefore letting you go up or down.

It is used for grass, tips of trees, etc.

D

This is the non-walkthrough space for Height 2. (Default Height)

It can not be walked through if the main character is currently on height 2.

It is used for rocks, trees, etc.

F

This is used for the side top edges of houses... I'm not too sure about it and found it in a post by Cooley, I have PM'd him and hope him to explain further. (Latest Advance Map says ?, I'm very confused.)

Water Spaces

This is a basic water space, it can only be travelled on by using Surf, and you can travel back to a C space by moving on to it.

It is used for water that the hero can surf through.

This space cannot be surfed through and changes the graphics some how. (I think, I'm not too sure)

It is used for rocks in the water.

Mountain Spaces

This tile lets the hero move from one height to the next, it doesn't have to be used, however if there are two different land heights with no separating tile then the hero must travel to through a zero or else he will be able to travel between the two, see "14, 1C & 24" for further detail.

It is used for stairs and sometimes doors.

8, C, 10, 14, 18, 1C, 20, 24, 28, 2C, 30, 34 & 38

These are the first to thirteenth levels of a mountain respectively. They are travelled to from the below floor by crossing over a 0 space from below. Or travelled to from the above floor by crossing over a 0 space from above.

Heights can take a while to get used to and if you are new to hacking you may want to cover them after learning the basics.

The character's starting height is C (Height 2)

These spaces are sometimes used for levels of mountains, hills or caves.

9, D, 11, 15, 19, 1D, 21, 25 29, 2D, 31, 35 & 29

These are the non-walkthrough tiles for the first to thirteenth levels of a mountain respectively. For more information on heights see "14, 1C & 24"

These spaces are used for rocks, etc.

3C

This space can be walked under if on floor 0 (C) or walked across if at a higher level. It is a useful tool for creating crossroads with limited access.

It is used for bridges.

Special Tiles

Ledges

These can be jumped down from, but not up: Use 1.

Waterfalls

These send the hero down unless he uses Waterfall, in which case he travels up: Use 4.

Fast Current

These are water tiles like Waterfalls except they travel in all directions and you can't go back the way you came: Use 4

Special thanks to:
Cooley and Heatransoul for some of the spaces.
MudMast for the idea of contacting Lu-Ho.
Lu-Ho for creating Advance Map and working out the meaning of the spaces.
Cooley & D-Trogh for informing me of the status bar.
All of you, for the encouragement... :P

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
wow. this COULD very well be useful.
FIRST POST! YAY!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Well.. the explanation may be nice.. but when you hover those blocks in AM and watch the the statusbar.. you'll see there is an explanation..

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
this is actually really helpful, and would become an extremely useful to be added to Advancemap tutorials.
(It should really be included with A-Map.)

Though, I think 10 is actually walk-only.
EDIT: nevermind.

Anyway, you should contact Lu-Ho, to see if he knows, he did make A-Map.

ckk

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2009
This will help many beginner mappers using advance map

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
Thanks for all the encouragement, I'm gald the thread got noticed seen as it took a long time to write, even though I haven't got that much stuff on here.

Well.. the explanation may be nice.. but when you hover those blocks in AM and watch the the statusbar.. you'll see there is an explanation..

Um... I'm sure what you're saying is helpful but I can't quite understand... Sorry about that... Could you explain yourself a little better. :P

this is actually really helpful, and would become an extremely useful to be added to Advancemap tutorials.
(It should really be included with A-Map.)

Though, I think 10 is actually walk-only.
EDIT: nevermind.

Anyway, you should contact Lu-Ho, to see if he knows, he did make A-Map.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I'll do it now!

I'm away for a bit so I can't update this, however I'll try and update when I get back... If I have anything to update with.

I've contacted Lu-Ho like MudMast suggested and hopefully he'll reply... However I'm not sure if even he knows what every space does.

Again, thanks for all the praise!

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Um... I'm sure what you're saying is helpful but I can't quite understand... Sorry about that... Could you explain yourself a little better. :P
Heh.. yeah, those 2 'explanation''s maybe was confusing :P
I meant that your extra explanation was nice and handy.. but AM itself has a short explanation in the tool...
ammm0.png

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
someone finaly made a list thank you!

Thank you for being nice :D

but we need images with these.
to further explain how they work.

Yeah... I agree... Unfortunately up to now I've been very unactive on the forums and either I can't post pictures or so dumb I just don't know how... But I think the first one, either you'll have to wait or someone else could post a picture for me... Any other ideas?

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2008
I just hope that you all know that this "guide" is already included with Advance Map...

Just hover over the movement tile thingy and it will tell you what each movement permission tile does (in the bottom left corner).

I am not really sure this is necessary...

Just read what D- Trogh has written about the fact that there it is right there in the bottom left corner... : /

But besides that you seemed to have done a great job finding out what was already there on Advance Map and putting it here! This way people who are new can find out what the tiles mean without much trouble...

And if people really want it like some people have posted, then it is helping people out! :)

So overall good job, good for new hackers, but not really useful once you get an Advance Map Program...

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
I just hope that you all know that this "guide" is already included with Advance Map...

Just hover over the movement tile thingy and it will tell you what each movement permission tile does (in the bottom left corner).

I am not really sure this is necessary...

Just read what D- Trogh has written about the fact that there it is right there in the bottom left corner... : /

But besides that you seemed to have done a great job finding out what was already there on Advance Map and putting it here! This way people who are new can find out what the tiles mean without much trouble...

And if people really want it like some people have posted, then it is helping people out! :)

So overall good job, good for new hackers, but not really useful once you get an Advance Map Program...

If you had read the first post properly I'm sure you would have seen that I try to let people know of the feature under a BIG, RED, UNDERLINED heading...

When I first wrote the list I was unaware of the status bar as I hadn't hacked for ages, but after I was informed I kept going for 2 reasons:
  1. I had already given explanations on all of the spaces so that first-time would have more of a grasp on some of the complicated spaces, which is more useful than trying to work it out from a name.
  2. As you said yourself, some people ask for a list... Now there is one!

So, there you go, read the first post properly and I wouldn't have had to explain myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back