• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
They are too big, not the conventional size, but they're still very welldone, I love them! :P

Blaid

Have you seen any rupee?
Years
Wow, I have seen your sprites and they are just perfect! Some needs some details in hair, they looks empty, but by the remainder all it's fine! To be your first mug and your first trainer sprite they are very well, but with practice they will be more awesome than now! Backsprites don't look so good as fakes, I think you could do them in BW perspective (with all the body) it could be better. Your colors have harmony between them, and also you have created your own style, this is a interesting point. Every pixel artist should have it own style, if not, it could not consider a pixel artist. I think this is a very important thing. That's my point. Hope you get better and improve more. Greetings!

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@Kaliser
Yeah, I used to have a problem with spriting small, and this was the smallest I could go, but since I already did so much, I decided to stay with this size. Thanks for the comment. :]

@Blaid
Interesting point, thank you. I'll keep on practising to get better.

@PokeInfuse
Nope. Old ones (not in dex, but in spoiler tags. Most of them don't display properly for unknown reasons lol) are created with circles, lines etc.
New ones (the ones in the dex on front page) are created from sketch. I draw, then scan, resize, then sprite. There's a tut at the bottom on the first page showing how I do my sprites.

Years
I like your sprites a lot, especially the designs. The only concern I have is the size of the sprite such as the Drovum and Pupant. I give you props for the use of the canvas you have, but regardless, it seems rather large to me. And I know how difficult it can be to depict the actual size of Pokemon into sprites.

tnguye3

Years
I like your sprites a lot, especially the designs. The only concern I have is the size of the sprite such as the Drovum and Pupant. I give you props for the use of the canvas you have, but regardless, it seems rather large to me. And I know how difficult it can be to depict the actual size of Pokemon into sprites.

I think I'll keep Drovum's size, but I agree that Pupant is too big. Actually when I finished spriting and zoomed out, I was like "eeeeeehhh...." :P
Will fix it later. Thanks for feedback.

Now I present you the Pokemon that grunts and youngster Joey's are gonna use:
rodents_by_tnguye3-d5qesvi.png

dogs_by_tnguye3-d5qve3u.png

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Puplade's tail is bugging me. I think it make shim just a tad too big. Other than that I gotta say I think these guys look great.

heyo

HEYO!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Wow, I can't find anything wrong with your sprites; they're amazing. I think you've gotten the DS style down.
Are you going to be using your sprites for anything or are they just for show (a game with your Fakemon would be awesome)?

tnguye3

Years
Thanks for the comments.
@GFA Perhaps. Tried to scale Puppy to Firitty as much as possible without making the head too small.

@heyo Thanks. I'm planning to maybe start a team once I've got 100 sprites. Then I'll see what I do from there. For now they're free to use.

Anyways here's an update:
rock_ghosts_by_tnguye3-d5s5k9t.png

This is designed by Llennoccm8 back in the day when we worked on Pokemon New Dawn. So if you wanna use this, get his permission.

ghosts_by_tnguye3-d5s5kqi.png

tnguye3

Years
Little update:

Decided to the the prevolution of Swampike:
loser_fish_by_tnguye3-d5sgi18.png

Here's the Electric mouse line:
electric_mouse_line_by_tnguye3-d5sg9n9.png

You can probably tell from the design. Yes. I love Emolga.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
The name Wimpike is already taken, y'know. :P

Something bothers me about Denki, and I think I know what it is; do the ears look uneven to you? If you were to draw a line from the top of one ear to the other, I imagine it would be at a much greater angle than if you did the same with the eyes. That aside, your sprites look great!

tnguye3

Years
Yeah, I know. But I love the name. :D

I think the ears are fine, it's just the face that's messed up. Misplaced the whole face lol.

anyways, prevolution of Steewhal:
narwhals_by_tnguye3-d5sj0bh.png

Last edited:

Mindless Interest

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Arrrrgghh, all of your sprites are so amazing!

There is really nothing to critique here. The only problem that I have is with Denki, but I think you will have that covered soon enough. Fixing the head proportions and what not :P

Keep up the good work :)

tnguye3

Years
Thanks. I dunno if I'll fix Denki anytime soon. I've yet to fix Pupant's size. :P
anyways update, or more like revamp:

Parrocho and Parriverde:
picture.php
picture.php
->
parrots_by_tnguye3-d5sofu9.png

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
I liked them, a lot.
But what troubles me is the size of them, they are just too big.
Why don't you make them in the standard 96x96?

DCson17

a modest hacker
Years
DEATHZAGA, BE MINE! 'T nT

If Pokemon ever used that design it would be my new fave, replacing Spinda entirely. Gah.

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I love your sprites :), are they free to use privately? Because there is some that i'd love to have, do these work in black and white by chance and also, can you make a back sprite for ROCRUSH and little rock thing "Un-named - Designed by Mijumaru123"? They look like they go together hehe. Also, how do you create a pokedex sprite or do you not really need to to get it to display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back