• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I still don't know what an MVP is, ;A; but mine would have had to have beeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn.......
My Emboar the first play-through. Half the game I only had him anyway because i couldn't make up my mind. ;A;
Modest Jellicent the second time around, dat Giga Drain and Shadow Ball killing most everything, and then my most recent would have had to have been my Conkeldurr, just overwhelming everything with Attack.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I still don't know what an MVP is, ;A; but mine would have had to have beeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn.......
My Emboar the first play-through. Half the game I only had him anyway because i couldn't make up my mind. ;A;
Modest Jellicent the second time around, dat Giga Drain and Shadow Ball killing most everything, and then my most recent would have had to have been my Conkeldurr, just overwhelming everything with Attack.

Most Valuable Player, or in this case Most Valuable Pokemon.

Also shoutout to my Umbreon. He walled like a boss.

Years
Surprisingly Galvantula made it to be my MVP. Amazing type coverage. 4+ advantages with stab, and give it a 3rd attack that isn't bug or electric and it works perfectly.

Yep, I love my Galvantula. Fast STAB attacks take out most stuff in 1 hit, which is good, because it doesn't take hits well.

Nature: Rash (+SAtk, - Def)
Ability: Compoundeyes (+30% Accuracy)
Item: Magnet (+20% Elec Damage)

- Thunder (91% Accuracy)
- Charge Beam (Boosting Move)
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
Leavanny.

At first I was put off with the x4 Weakness to Fire and other weaknesses but once it had evolved, it was amazing! A brilliant movepool including Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Swords Dance gives it so much potential, I definitely recommend it.

I had one , is in my box! But I switched it for my level 60 Zorua. ( I'm not going to evolve it soon.)

Oh , and it was mostly Lucario and Pelipper.

Last edited:

CM Ryder

Raimei no Yusha
Years
In my first playthrough of White 2, Hydreigon was my MVP. Such a beast with massive Special Attack.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Samurott for sure. Even though through every game the starter I pick always is the Pokemon that supports the entire team, Samurott has proved so far the most effective, even above Empoleon and his typing. It easily wiped the the Elite 4 including Iris, because of the fact that by the Pokemon League he (or should I say "she") had already reached level 76 :) . All of my other pokes were simply there to stall by taking a hit so I could revive my Samurott if ever came to that scenario.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
For me it was definitely my Muk. I had it use minimize and acid armor a couple times and whatever attack did manage to hit it hardly did anything at all and I took out the entire elite 4 and champion with just Muk. It was amazing.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Umbreon! I dont even know how to describe it, it always did well from the start. Seriously, that defence and attack stat on my Umbreon made it very very defensive when it could handle super effective moves and crited like a boss with just neutral damage.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I was pretty good at balancing my team out enough for them all to be pretty weak when I reached the E4, which meant I'd have to rely on their typings and such while constantly reviving and healing them. I definitely had Pokemon who were the weak links on the team, mainly my Unfezant and Leavanny, since both were horribly underleveled and weak. However, if I had to choose an MVP, I'd say my Krookodile. She rarely ever failed me, and her moveset were pretty great for just about any Pokemon. She was pretty fast, so she was quick to take out the slow and weak with. For the stronger ones, mainly the big Dragon types that Iris and Drayden had, which I did not have any Ice type moves for, her Foul Play was exceptional, and she was definitely a huge help, but my Emboar and Magnezone were right there behind her. So the win was a team effort, not really exclusive to anyone.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Magneton or Lucario were this for my Black 2 run, but I feel like my Lilligant from White version carried me through the postgame after I transferred it.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
My mvp was my beloved Zoroark, who is now level 100. The only Pokemon she had trouble with were fighting types, and some of those she could still beat.

Brizz

TM87
Years
Much like in my first playthrough of White version, Haxorus was my MVP. He is seriously built to take down the Elite 4 for the most part. After a Dragon Dance or two, he becomes a wrecking machine. Especially against the Dark and Psychic members if you've taught Haxorus X-Scissor.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Lucario. He was kind of the leader of my team, after I dropped Samurott in favor of Starmie, in my first White 2 playthrough. And, he did miracles through E4 and Champion.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Arcanine was a boss in Black 2. Never let me down. Honorable mention to Roserade, who took down even Pokémon with resistance to Grass because Petal Dance is OP in 5th gen (Lilligant who?).

I didn't have a guy that stood out in Black, but Haxorus deserves mention for being able to sweep Ghetsis all by himself.

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
In my first White 2 playthrough, Raiden, my male Lucario was definitely my MVP. He did pretty much EVERYTHING, and let me tell you, he rocked everything all the way to Heck and back. He was also my first level 100 in a Pokemon game, and Lucario isn't even one of my favorite Pokemon. Weird. o_e

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
For my White 2 Playthrough, Serperior. Adamant Nature and I got a moveset of (1) Outrage; (2) Leaf Blade; (3) Aqua Tail; and (4) Swords Dance. It took some time for me to train up my Snivy but It was all worth it. He destroys everything. Honorable mention goes to my Arcanine (the best non- starter, non- legendary fire type) and Krookodial (Moxie rules).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
For my MVP, Excadrill. What a real wrecking ball he was, especially when he has earthquake and a swords dance in his arsenal. I did struggle against Marshal however, and for that, I chose Weezing as my second MVP. Its great defense, Poison typing (which resists Fighting) and access to Will-o-Wisp (Which is unusual for a Poison type) helped me stop several of his fighters.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2013
Excadrill was my main attacker, but it is a bit on the frail side. Swanson the Conkledurr is pretty much my fallback on anything and that thing can take a hit like a champ, while dishing hurt of its own.

Back