• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventure Fanfics

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Let me be frank with you: every possibility you could imagine for an adventure through a region fic has most likely been done. It's just that a lot of writers go into that branch of Pokemon fanfic convinced that theirs will be absolutely original, only to come out with something that someone else did already. So, personally, I'd say try to stay away from it unless you've got some amazing writing skills.

Curiosity speaking, though, what did you have in mind for a twist?

PochamaPLUS

"PochamaPLUS approves!"
Years
Well...mine was about two characters from a different series I've been working on that travel through Hoenn, but they come across these PokeNav's with these new abilities: Fusion, which allows them to fuse with their main Pokemon. Rly kiddish, I know, but it was gunna b violent O_O;

«P+»

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2021
Depending on what Pokemon they fuse with and if you write good, it could be good or bad. :/

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well...mine was about two characters from a different series I've been working on that travel through Hoenn, but they come across these PokeNav's with these new abilities: Fusion, which allows them to fuse with their main Pokemon. Rly kiddish, I know, but it was gunna b violent O_O;

«P+»

Nyah, a spruced up pokénav is hardly anything to build a whole fanfic on. Like Kazeto Tamashii said, OT fics are such a well-scraped barrel that you'll need to be extremely innovative and pay great attention to detail if you want it to stand out. It's a cliché hive, but I guess even those can be entertaining at times, provided that they are well written.

Seiji Tatsuo™

{|The Jester King|}
Years
I agree with Alter. The topic is looked down upon from it's abuse and being overused, but I think if you go into great lengths to make it well written, and interesting you could pull it off. However, if you lack that ability to give your story the necessary attention, try another topic.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I don't know whether my Fanfiction, Coherence, is under the "Adventure Fic" Category.

I try to give my characters nice, well-established personality. I planned the story for MONTHS before I first posted it on a site. I wanted perfection, believability (For a Pokemon fic, that is), and coherence(Not a pun).

I didn't start at the beginning of the Character's Journey, and there is no Badge Quests, Contests, or fetch quests from Professors.

I just wish the Fanfic section was more active on this site D=

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hmm... I suppose my fanfic that I am STILL writing could be considered an adventure fic. And a song fic. And a couple of other types. I need some advice...

The story basically involves three OT characters who have been off pursuing respective goals for the last few months meeting at an inn with a slightly weird author (Ryou, based off of me,) and his Cubone, who have been chronicling their adventures secretly for the past three years and wants their permission to publish the chronicles, along with some "inside perspective" stories that he never managed to discover the events of. The fic will be titled "The Chronicles of Ryou: Erratic", because unlike most fics, I intend to make the writing style slightly different depending on each story. In addition, each character tells the stories in a different way: Ryou tells stories in the third person, Jack tells his stories as songs, Tori does first person stories, and Scott, the final OT, tells the stories in the thrid person, but he tends to over-dramatize events. The stories told range from serious (Jack commanding an army of Pokemon, Tori posing as a rocket member in order to reclaim her prized Pokemon) to downright hilarious (Scott's first battle, Jack meeting his first Pokemon, The Team Rocket Fan Club, and Scott's internet dating fiasco). I've got a few ideas, but I need some feedback- does this look like a good story or not?

Seiji Tatsuo™

{|The Jester King|}
Years
I like the idea, actually, Cubone. It's very original in any case, and seems to spawn from both serious and funny, which I am a fan of. I can't wait to actually see it. ^^

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2006
Hey, Cubone, I'm digging the premise for your fic. How about starting with the first three chapters telling about each trainer's journey to the inn, with the fourth chapter about them arriving/meeting at said inn?

And I've got a question: the fic I'm kind of planning has a similar idea to Colosseum/XD, being that my main character is already a trainer before the start of the fic. Is that as overused as starter Trainer fics?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
And I've got a question: the fic I'm kind of planning has a similar idea to Colosseum/XD, being that my main character is already a trainer before the start of the fic. Is that as overused as starter Trainer fics?

FRom what I was told, It's actually nott hat common. My fic starts that way, but that's the only one I can think of that does ._.;

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Hey, Cubone, I'm digging the premise for your fic. How about starting with the first three chapters telling about each trainer's journey to the inn, with the fourth chapter about them arriving/meeting at said inn?

Actually, Gama, I've got a slightly different idea in mind- I'm going to begin by having a letter be delivered to the guy who's going to publish the "Chronicles". More on that when I post the prologue though...

Back