• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Daydream/Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
The Pokemon Hacking Company (Recruiting)

Hey guys. This is the official thread for The Pokemon Hacking Company! (Team Shinto/Dream)

Introduction:

After the failed attempt of recruiting members for a ROM Hack idea I had a while ago, I have started planning out a different ROM Hack that will hopefully get more people interested.

I decided to start this project because this will be my first ROM hack ever. While I am still learning certain things about ROM hacking, I plan to dedicate whatever free time I have towards this game. I am looking for teammates that are willing to create a hack that will give players an exciting and unique experience. We have two options. We can either work slow and steady, or we can work fast paced. Either way, the product of our work will be awesome!

UPDATE 11/24/11:

Alright guys, PHO is back! We've made plenty of changes to this hack, so nothing on this thread is really relevant. Since some people kind of flaked out, I was going to give up hope on this hack but Controversial encouraged me not to, so we recreated Daydream White. We still have the same plot, same region, but the maps are completely different. We have enough maps to fill two betas!

That being said, all we really need are scripters and spriters, and someone who knows ASM. Maybe some other positions later. But we are looking for people that are dedicated to this hack, not people that sign up and do absolutely nothing. So, if you want to join us just sign up here. If no one signs up, the small team we have will still post updates in this thread. Our current team is:

Team Members:

• Myself (Director of Project, some mapping, other things)
  • UnForgiven* (Scripting)
  • Controversial? (Mapping)
  • BlixxNova (Spriting, Co-Writer)
  • XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX (Graphics)
  • M.L. (Mapping)

We are in need of (most needed things in bold):
  • Mappers (Not a necessity anymore)
  • Scripters
  • Tile Inserters
  • Composers
  • Music Inserters
  • ASM Hacker
  • Spriters (Not anymore)
    [*]Artists

Application Form

Skills:
Proof of work:
Why you want to join PHC:
Email:
Contact information:

Current Project

Pokemon Daydream White
Pokemon Nightmare Black

Credits:

• M.L. (Tiles, Tile Inserting)

Last edited:

ThePokeBoss

PokePimp
Years
Skills: Mapper, Graphic designs.
Proof of work: you have my graphics, and im working on your map.
Why you want to join Team Dream: Because its my first team ive been in.
Email: [email protected] (i have msn)
Contact information: email.. vm.. pm.. text(LOL ask)

SK3

Years
Both of you are accepted :) Awesome scripting CelebiKing.

PokeBoss you were already on the team haha, but thanks for fully applying.

SK3

Years
Well Here Is The Better Video Anyways, I Would Like Some Feedback Please:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAOat8nKx8U

This one is good as well, asides from the few minor grammatical errors. We will definitely need scripts like this. I wonder, is it possible to write scripts that coincide with the Day/Night tool? We will be using this, and there will be a certain in-game event that will make the sun always shine or the moon always shine.

Years
This one is good as well, asides from the few minor grammatical errors. We will definitely need scripts like this. I wonder, is it possible to write scripts that coincide with the Day/Night tool? We will be using this, and there will be a certain in-game event that will make the sun always shine or the moon always shine.

You can do yes however i will have to research into in more depth :)

SK3

Years
You can do yes however i will have to research into in more depth :)

Okay thanks, let me know what you find out :)

On another note, I am truly disappointed on the turnout of members so far. Only 3 of us :( Hopefully we'll get some more by the end of the month, but if we don't we will just have to go with what we have right now and build on that.

Years
Okay thanks, let me know what you find out :)

On another note, I am truly disappointed on the turnout of members so far. Only 3 of us :( Hopefully we'll get some more by the end of the month, but if we don't we will just have to go with what we have right now and build on that.

Well if we start work at the end of the month then im sure while we are working more and more people will ask to join.

My thread didnt even make it onto the Team Discussions :(

SK3

Years
Well if we start work at the end of the month then im sure while we are working more and more people will ask to join.

My thread didnt even make it onto the Team Discussions :(

Well I guess we can start either today or tomorrow then haha. I'll attempt to test map the starting town tonight. We don't have all of the sprites we need, so we will just start with mapping and scripting and then insert the other stuff later :p

SK3

Years
Update:

I had made this song in mind of the first town of our game when I first got the idea for it, but after listening to it today I think it's more of a forest/cave song. What do you guys think? It's not the final version, I'm still working on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUaeTkKSZVE

PokemonyellowX

Team Black Forest owner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 4, 2015
Skills:Mapping
Proof of work: \/
Why you want to join Team Dream:hacking is fun
Email:Can you just PM me
Contact information: PM me

Last edited:

SK3

Years
Skills:Mapping
Proof of work: \/
Why you want to join Team Dream:hacking is fun
Email:Can you just PM me
Contact information: PM me

Awesome route, welcome to Team Dream!

That would be awesome for a cave man!!! Thats amazing!! i have no idea how to insert music

Thanks! It does need a lot of work, but it will probably be our default cave music. If we don't find a Music Inserter for our team, I'll just post in the Help Request thread and hopefully we'll find someone to help.

SK3

Years
Quick update: I need help planning out some of the in game events, if you are willing to help please PM me.

SK3

Years
More updates: I think I'm going to start trainer editing either today or tomorrow, and I'll PM you CelebiKing about an intro script.

Also, I already have a sequel planned for this game, but it's going to be sequel that's a prequel. Haha. I'm thinking about turning this into a series if we get a good response.

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
haha hello if you sont know meh im M.L :) i just popped in to say hi :) first off this seems as a decent game i like the ideas and all but dont worry about not getting applications from a whole bunch of people as my hack got about the same but i asked around made friends and now have some people willing to help :) lol good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back