• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen More than just Unova?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
If B2W2 had Hoenn in it it'll be three+ years from it's RSE storyline (proof is that in Platinum a girl in the battle tower mentioned a similar tower in her home region and in Emerald it was being built (pre game) and opened (post game) and Platinum took place before BW)

Maybe I missed something but where does it say that Hoenn's Battle Tower was built EXACTLY during Emerald storyline? I don't remember anything proving that.

If there is no proof for that, it's still possible that R/S/E events take place at similar time as B/W and B2/W2, because of that lack of rumors about Aqua/Magma in B/W. That girl in Platinum could be talking about Hoenn's Battle Tower because it was built before R/S/E storyline. That leads to conclusion that Hoenn shouldn't appear in B2/W2 because R/S remakes with original R/S/E storyline will be story-wise connected to B/W and/or B2/W2 because they all take place at similar time.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Doubt it, and honestly I am tired of this speculation. Why would they put another region in the game? Hoenn? No, most likely that will be saved for the R/S/E remakes. I think B/W 2 will just have Unova, as it should.
Well as long as we have little info this kind of speculation is going to be in place that's why its called speculation. We thought most likely it would just be another 3rd installment and no different the prior ones, but yet it is a sequel with two games. So I don't see anything out of the realm of possibility.

Either way they should stick to Unova, and expand on it's size and storyline, I feel that if they added Hoenn(or even Kanto,or Sinnoh in that regard)it'll take away from it's role in the story.
I agree with the storyline and staying within the region as well as expanding and doing more within the already region BW is akin to. Depends at what point in the game they decide to have the player go to another region, because I don't see the starting point being in another region. Having it in Hoenn period would seem to take away from possible RS Remake, since you have already visited the region not to long ago in BW2 hypothetically.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
@MRAS

She MAY have been talking about the Johto Battle Tower as in Crystal, when you first pass by its closed for building and after you beat the E4 its open.

There is ALSO a bulding in Emerald just after Mauvile(?) (By the Winstrates' house) that is being built Pre Game and is open Post Game. I completely forget what that building is though.

@Wombat
R/S/E is in the same story line as R/B/Y/FR/LG

In R/S/E Lanette makes references to Bill and updating his systems. In FR/LG Bill and his Friend from the Sevii Islands are working on connecting their system with Lanette's System in Hoen, a procedure that cannot happen from just one side. They worked together to open a link between Kanto and Hoen.

There were no references to them in B/W which is years after because other than 2 instances, Aqua/Magma were secretive and Behind the scenes, they also gave up at the critical point instead of pursuing their plans which keeps the secret buried under and known just to the Hero and the Teams themselves. Plus Wallace/Juan. I don't believe anyone else was involved....Oh right the couple from Mount Pyre.

As far as the citizens of Hoen know, Kyogre and Groudon simply awoke and their appearance threw things out of whack.

Rocket and Galactic were both well known through their regions, even varios NPCs that weren't part of the main story line would mention them.

When you think of Involvement,
Team Rocket were know thieves and thugs.
Aqua/Magma weren't really known. The people in Lavaridge most likely didn't even know someone was about to kill/blow up their volcano.
Galactic, thugs that stole and harassed the populace at times. Not to mention they blew up a lake.

The only times I recall Aqua/Magma making a huge statement was when they stole the submarine.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
@MRAS

She MAY have been talking about the Johto Battle Tower as in Crystal, when you first pass by its closed for building and after you beat the E4 its open.

She says something like this: "I used to live in place called Hoenn. Building like this was also there". So it's clearly about Hoenn's Battle Tower/Frontier.

@Wombat
R/S/E is in the same story line as R/B/Y/FR/LG

In R/S/E Lanette makes references to Bill and updating his systems. In FR/LG Bill and his Friend from the Sevii Islands are working on connecting their system with Lanette's System in Hoen, a procedure that cannot happen from just one side. They worked together to open a link between Kanto and Hoen.

There were no references to them in B/W which is years after because other than 2 instances, Aqua/Magma were secretive and Behind the scenes, they also gave up at the critical point instead of pursuing their plans which keeps the secret buried under and known just to the Hero and the Teams themselves. Plus Wallace/Juan. I don't believe anyone else was involved....Oh right the couple from Mount Pyre.

As far as the citizens of Hoen know, Kyogre and Groudon simply awoke and their appearance threw things out of whack.

Rocket and Galactic were both well known through their regions, even varios NPCs that weren't part of the main story line would mention them.

When you think of Involvement,
Team Rocket were know thieves and thugs.
Aqua/Magma weren't really known. The people in Lavaridge most likely didn't even know someone was about to kill/blow up their volcano.
Galactic, thugs that stole and harassed the populace at times. Not to mention they blew up a lake.

The only times I recall Aqua/Magma making a huge statement was when they stole the submarine.

Lanette could be working before R/S/E storyline as well as Bill, so it's not proof that R/S/E storyline isn't in B/W timeline.

Aqua/Magma are widely known by people as much as Rocket and Galactic. They stole Devon Goods, attacked Oceanic Museum, Weather Institute, Space Center. All of that was done in presence of public. More of that, owner of motel in Lilycove says that people are scared to stay here because of Aqua/Magma staying in the city.

Lack of rumors about Aqua/Magma in B/W, after all bad things they did to public in R/S/E is indicating that R/S/E storyline hasn't happened yet in B/W.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013

R/S/E aren't in B/W timeline, because B/W happens after Platinum and Platinum happens after R/S/E/FR/LG. It's not possible for those two to be together.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/History_of_the_Pokémon_world#Timeline

Bulbapedia always bases on current evidence, that's why it claims at this moment that 1 gen and 3 gen happen at the same time even though there is still nothing definitely confirming that. Their only "evidence" is that both 1 gen remakes and 3 gen are available in the same gen.
I'm sure that when R/S remakes will be released with some story references to B/W told by NPCs or maybe even B/W characters, they will edit that page, saying that gen 3 and 5 happen at the same time. It's like researching real History, some incorrect things considered as facts are being corrected by new researches. In this case, new researches must be understood as new games.

I speculate that after end of 5 gen all games timetable will be looking like this:

1) 1 gen - first because Master Ball is new invention in those games' storyline and in all later games it's already known thing.

2) 2 gen and 4 gen - can't say which of these two is first but they both are definitely after 1 gen because of Master Ball and before 3 and 5 gen because of rumors in B/W about Teams Rocket and Galactic being beaten.

3) 3 gen and 5 gen - last because we already know that 5 gen is last and imo linked to 3 gen because I think both Unova and Hoenn scientists are in charge of creating Dream World machine. I think in R/S remakes Devon's scientists will create that dream reading machine they are working on in R/S/E with help of Unova scientists and it should be the same thing we know from B/W (purpose of connecting R/S remakes to Dream World).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
According to the Pokemon Storage systems and a Letter sent to Lanette in the Japanese Games, Bill and Lanette were Co-Developers of the Storage System and the events of FR/LG's linking of Kanto to Hoenn was the predecessor to creating the Global Trade System.

Since GTS exists in Gens 2 (remakes) and 4 and not 1 and 3 although it was made in 1 and 3 (remakes).

Bill also updates Lanette's PC design with more features in FR/LG so Lanette's PC existed at the same time near the End story of FR/LG, and Bills Update is also added into Emerald putting Emerald at the same time as FR/LG as the update was made by Bill after Lanette "Edited" his system for her own region use.

So Lanette couldn't have edited 3+ years after if the storyline was flush with B/W if Bill took her edits and added to them right after.

As for Devon Corp's Dream Machine, its an odd coincidence just like the Girl in Red/Blue that describes Munna. If it means anything at all, then its the developers of the game went backwards to look for some ideas to recycle.

If you remember there was a scientist in Devon currently working on a way to revive Pokemon Fossils as well, it was their only working machine. Bulbapedia has that Devon Corp. was also the ones to Develop the system for Reviving Fossils, this later spread out to other regions (this could mean that Events of R/S/E can be before R/B/Y/G/FR/LG)

Now if you compare all the systems in Development:

Dream "VIEWING" Machine, a device made to simple View a Pokemon's Dream, (Munna's special ability after eating a dream, Darkrai also had a similar ability thanks to his Nightmare in the Movie when they were transfered to a different space)

While it is not the same as what Devon Corp envisioned, it is more than what they hinted at. Dream World (Dream Power in the Anime) has the ability to create Items/Pokemon encountered in the dreams (TR used the info from the Dream Yard after learning about Dream Energy to make a bomb that nearly destroys Castella).

The Second was the Pokemon Transformer: This is most likely a reference to Bill's faux pas with his teleporter when he and a Pokemon were crossed and Bill became a Pokemon. Its even designed much like Bill's Teleporter.

Third is the only one with no actual reference Game or Anime wise, the Pokemon Translator used to translate what a Pokemon says.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
So if that's the case I just rather see Hoenn in B/W 2 then having a R/S remake. One of the reasons I loved HG/Ss was that it showed how it was the same Time period as Pt.
I don't want to play a remake that's set in the pass.
Of course game freak can just make R/S the same time as BW, with really the storage system being the biggest thing that throws it out of wack who cares,
And it is a remake , instead of just the game they could remake the history

Years
So if that's the case I just rather see Hoenn in B/W 2 then having a R/S remake. One of the reasons I loved HG/Ss was that it showed how it was the same Time period as Pt.
I don't want to play a remake that's set in the pass.
Of course game freak can just make R/S the same time as BW, with really the storage system being the biggest thing that throws it out of wack who cares,
And it is a remake , instead of just the game they could remake the history

http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2012/03/denied-hoenn-region-in-b2w2.html

We won't be going to Hoenn. I didn't even need this link to prove anything because it should seem fairly obvious that we wouldn't be going to Hoenn because it would be a stupid marketing technique, but for some people common sense isn't enough proof.

Anyways, I can see a Sevii Islands type sub-region but probably not a full fledged region.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
http://pokemonfigure.blogspot.com/2012/03/denied-hoenn-region-in-b2w2.html

We won't be going to Hoenn. I didn't even need this link to prove anything because it should seem fairly obvious that we wouldn't be going to Hoenn because it would be a stupid marketing technique, but for some people common sense isn't enough proof.

Anyways, I can see a Sevii Islands type sub-region but probably not a full fledged region.

Lol way to sound like a tool

People thought it was common sense that the third game would be called grey , but if the link you posted is legit then it's said and done.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm trying to prove that Unova and Hoenn storylines happen at the same time but it looks like many people will never believe that anyway because of current lack of official proofs. But look at it this way - it would be against common sense to make R/S remakes storyline unrelated to Unova storyline, because they all should be in the same gen. Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that 3 gen storyline before FR/LG release was considered to be after gen 1 and 2. Point of view at games' timeline changed after some references to Hoenn in FR/LG. So it looks like that point of view will change again after some references to Unova in R/S remakes.

It's the same like people were saying that B/W "third version" will be for 3DS and didn't believe in theory that it should be still for DS. That was obviously against common sense because it's nonsense to make B/W "third version" for completely different system after all that work to make B/W for DS. Now I see that the only way to convince people to believe in common sense theories is official announcement.

Bill obviously had to make some references to Lanette's system to technically link FR/LG with R/S/E. It doesn't mean that it happened during R/S/E storyline because Lanette was working before R/S/E storyline.

Are you seriously saying that a little game design modification introduced in FR/LG and transfered to Emerald has something to do with R/S/E storyline? To be honest, it has nothing to do with R/S/E storyline.

As for Devon's researches:

So it looks like Devon's fossil reviving machine wasn't original one. In fact it's unknown which one is original because they all has been developed independently. Scientist in FR/LG says that it's "his machine", so he built it himself.

It looks like in R/S remakes Devon will make Dream World machine with help of Unova scientists, making a proof that both Unova and Hoenn are last in all games' timeline because Dream World is high-tech device which will be available only in those regions.

I completely agree with you on this, there gonna take place in the same timeline.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Okay...so about this new region, I've been thinking that since Kyurem's half of Unova (in BW) is the Western half they could show the rest of the island that Nuvema, Lacunosa, ect. are on. They could also show more of Anville town's surroundings, as I was playing Bw it looked like you could explore the area (only the train is blocking it) they could have the player journey around there and acess routes that were previously blocked.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm trying to prove that Unova and Hoenn storylines happen at the same time but it looks like many people will never believe that anyway because of current lack of official proofs. But look at it this way - it would be against common sense to make R/S remakes storyline unrelated to Unova storyline, because they all should be in the same gen. Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess that 3 gen storyline before FR/LG release was considered to be after gen 1 and 2. Point of view at games' timeline changed after some references to Hoenn in FR/LG. So it looks like that point of view will change again after some references to Unova in R/S remakes.

It's the same like people were saying that B/W "third version" will be for 3DS and didn't believe in theory that it should be still for DS. That was obviously against common sense because it's nonsense to make B/W "third version" for completely different system after all that work to make B/W for DS. Now I see that the only way to convince people to believe in common sense theories is official announcement.

Bill obviously had to make some references to Lanette's system to technically link FR/LG with R/S/E. It doesn't mean that it happened during R/S/E storyline because Lanette was working before R/S/E storyline.

Are you seriously saying that a little game design modification introduced in FR/LG and transfered to Emerald has something to do with R/S/E storyline? To be honest, it has nothing to do with R/S/E storyline.

As for Devon's researches:

So it looks like Devon's fossil reviving machine wasn't original one. In fact it's unknown which one is original because they all has been developed independently. Scientist in FR/LG says that it's "his machine", so he built it himself.

It looks like in R/S remakes Devon will make Dream World machine with help of Unova scientists, making a proof that both Unova and Hoenn are last in all games' timeline because Dream World is high-tech device which will be available only in those regions.

Honestly you cannot prove or disprove any relation between regions other than Kanto and Johto's stories because those are the only two with defined time lines.

For the Upgrade feature, I honestly can't remember if you keep normal features until Bill upgrades it later in the story or not, and depending on if so, then that does put the mechanic's creation as part of the physical story.

As for WHEN they created it, you cannot put an actual time on when the system was made. Even if it was made before the game, Lanette AND Bill created the PC system itself, not just individual systems. Lanette made her's more user friendly. Canonly, both were created around the same time by the same two people.

As for Common Sense, that only ever applies to something generally accepted by society as a whole. Crossing a busy street, common sense you'd get hit by a car. Common sense does not apply when extreme outside factors are added, Take someone from the remote parts of Africa where no technology exists and throw them into Japan, watch hilarity ensue. The person will do everything wrong if not kill many people thanks to the example chosen.

A less extreme example, Rich vs Poor, there are things a Rich person will be expected to know that poor people don't. Something commonly used in rags to riches movies, the poorer person lacks the common sense of a rich person.

Common sense cannot be applied to this discussion due to exteme factors such as Generation separation, Game Creation, General story confliction, and other things. No one would have ever said Gen 3 games were at the same time as Gen 1 if the Gen 1 wasn't remade for GBA and Gen 2 remade and referenced with time matches with Gen 4.

Though after looking at Steven's Bulbapedia page, he references Losing to Brendan/May when talking to your character outside of the Pokemon Fan Club when he is searching for the Latis'. There is a non-offical time placement depending on if you think he is really talking about Brendan/May.

An addition or expansion to Unova's region would be welcomed by myself though. I kinda want to see a new area open up where, as Cynthia says, all the current Champions meet and give you a chance to battle them.

/until the game info is out, even i am not rulling out the possibility of another older region being added on. We've been trolled and mislead before.

drarixio

Charging up since '89
Years
I'm too lazy to join an argument so I'll just put this up:

I'd love to travel to a different reigon and I hope we'll be able to. "Why?"
Because oh, oh, sometimes, I get a good feeling, yeah – I get a feeling that I never never never never had before, no no I get a good feeling, yeah...

Joshawott

Banned
Years
We're getting too much off-topic here.

No kidding.

Anyways, I think it'd be nice to see another cameo of another region like how it was possible to visit Johto in rijonAdventures. Not necessarily an entire region like in the second generation games, but even just a small section of any region would be nice.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I replied to this on R/S remakes thread. We're getting too much off-topic here.

Is there a page number? ( even tho you could of easily stated it again but what ever)

All I really want them to do is expand unova , if we get another place that would be cool

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Depending on how different the story is from B/W, I think we'll see some new areas around Unova. But since there's no information about the story at this point, I'm not sure what to expect. Though I don't think we'll see an entire region introduced because each generation has a region it is associated with.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
They could also show more of Anville town's surroundings, as I was playing Bw it looked like you could explore the area (only the train is blocking it) they could have the player journey around there and acess routes that were previously blocked.

Anville will probably give access to new sub-region because it has railways not used in B/W. Not used or blocked railways, roads, bridges, etc are very commonly used in many games to give access to new areas. It's standard in games developing. I think Anville's railways will play key role in connection with new sub-region, kinda like there is railway between Johto and Kanto.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I am very sure that Anville will get expanded.

I was confused at first when they added it, because it seems like a completely unnecessary throwaway town, with absolutely no interesting features, and only usable by rail.

Then I realized, oh, duh, of course it'll get expanded in the third game. But how much, I'm not sure. Maybe they'll have a few bonus buildings there, like the Pokethlon. Maybe there will be a few routes with tougher trainers and different wild pokemon. Maybe it'll be a whole new region.

Or (pipe dream of mine) Anville will link to all the other older regions! But we all know that's not happening...

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
So now CoroCoro is teasing by asking if the game is gonna actually be in Unova at all, which opens up the doors for possibilities.

I honestly don't think that we will be seeing a brand new region, but a region that were familiar with already, or they may have you travel around to different parts or islands battling different gym leaders, I don't know really but its interesting that they would tease the region, starters and gym leaders as being different.

Back