• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga that have made you cry

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Anohana (dat ending)
Gintama (for real during episode 86-87. And shed tears due to laughter during a LOT of other episodes)

These two recently for me. Like a bucket of tears. I get teary-eyed easily, so I often end up crying at nearly every sad scene lol. I'll even get teary-eyed and overwhelmed during an epic scene.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
How about rank in amount of tears?:
Anohana (I swear to god. Had me going, but not as much as others.)
Clannad&After Story (Pretty sad stuff here)
Elfen Lied (manga, I just...felt ultra sad. The ending had me going crazy. I don't know.)
Angel Beats (I swear, I didn't even see it coming but I was bloody crying waterfalls by the end. So good.)

That's all for me. Just some standard sad anime.

Saki

The Fire Fox
Years
I definitely cried over 5 Centimetres Per Second (who hasn't really? ;_;) and from the Shin Sekai Yori anime for sure. I just got way too attached to those characters, and the OST is a tearjerking tool for sure.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Wait, someone cried over Kill la Kill? Really?! That surprises me. XD

also 5CMS/S ending was depressing. I felt depressed for a whole day. But I didn't cry.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I don't cry over chinese cartoons.

Although Touch's "tragedy" hit me like a ton of bricks. Incredibly well executed.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
You haven't seen a lot of chinese cartoons though, have you spino? :p They can make you cry if you get emotionally attached, alright. One cartoon made me cry over a boat. As impossible as it seems. And a majority of those that follow the series admit to crying/getting teary eyed over that particular boat. :p

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
So a lot of people have already mentioned the ending to Angel Beats!, but there's another scene in it that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet.

Spoiler:

Oh and Elfen Lied. In general it's just a very...upsetting anime overall, but nothing is worse than when

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You haven't seen a lot of chinese cartoons though, have you spino? :p They can make you cry if you get emotionally attached, alright. One cartoon made me cry over a boat. As impossible as it seems. And a majority of those that follow the series admit to crying/getting teary eyed over that particular boat. :p
I have a very cold heart.

If an anime actually makes me sad or has me thinking about it then that's good enough for me. So far though Touch is the only one to come to mind, and what makes it so powerful isn't the tragedy itself, but rather how the characters reacted to it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wait, someone cried over Kill la Kill? Really?! That surprises me. XD
You don't cry from epicness? =D

I don't cry over chinese cartoons.
So... talk about anime?

Spoiler:
Well... that was the main point =D
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Yea, I was also angry at them.

Years
Oh and Elfen Lied. In general it's just a very...upsetting anime overall, but nothing is worse than when

Spoiler:

That episode was really disturbing to watch D: I felt sick to my stomach, but it gave us a good look at what Lucy's life was when she was young and why she turned out the way she did.

Rinna

Uhm..woof?
Years
Angel Beats! was one that really made me cry, and Kanon and Clannad were close enough. Not sure about any others, though.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I'm adding the pile to the Clannad (no AS yet, no time to complete right now), Angel Beats and Ano Hana. Not sure if anything else though...

Dang they're heart-wrenching and beautiful.

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
Years
Clannad after story...

Damn...

I literary cried in one scene . I get teary a lot sure but I freaking cried xP glad it had a happy ending though:)

Back