• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ~Deliciously Satisfying~ Culinary Club! [now with 20% more goodness]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
uDEO7aA.png

Owner: Minerva

introduction~

st526_zps24acd191.png
th_phchiubreakfast.png
th_phchiu133.png

Welcome to ~Deliciously Satisfying~! A restaurant that serves you your favorite foods.​

The old one died, and I wanted to revive it again because well...everyone just can't get enough of food, ya know? :3

How many of you like food? I'm sure all of you do! That's what this club is all about: foooood. In this group, we'll serve you up on the latest in the most popular foods locally, and internationally too. Swap recipes and/or share a recipe you've discovered or recommend any dishes you may like! Talk about your cooking skills, whether you make food in the microwave or you live in the kitchen. Most importantly, talk about YOUR FAVORITE FOODS. From fast food, to TV dinners, to fancy schmancy restaurant dishes that cost a fortune but worth it. Wait a second, as the host of this group will seat you in a table promptly. I guarantee you that your hunger will be satisfied. :D​

restaurant rules~

pfh2o044.png
slcnh2o042.png
st294.png

In order for a successful, and satisfying visit, ~Deliciously Satisfying~ has a code of conduct that must be adhered.

~All PokeCommunity Rules & FC&G Rules apply.
~Your recipes don't have to be perfect! All skill levels in cooking are welcome.
~Respect is obligatory. Constructive criticism is only allowed when critiquing on someone's recipe or food.
~Sharing pictures of food is encouraged. Of course, this is a club about food. :D
~Of course, have fun and enjoy your meal :3​

today's specials~

s37h2o012.png
ash2o007.png
food12.png

This is where we post everyone's recipes! If you have a recipe you found somewhere online that you'd like to recommend, or have one on your own, please do share! I will feature it in this section!​

Homemade Cheesecake - shared by Minerva
Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops - shared by alvmonster

the menu [sign-up!]

food16.png
food25.png
food13.png

A sign-up form is optional in this group. I only require your username and state your favorite foods. You can add in any experience in cooking you may have, or share any dishes you have made. It's encouraged to follow the current topic in discussion (if there is any!), but it's not required!​

Username:
Favorite Foods:

members~

98stkh2o076.png
slch2o019.png
601h2o022.png

alvmonster
manadhon​

all icons used in this post © shadowater - livejournal

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
awww yisss
Username: alvmonster
Favorite Foods: bacon, meat, seafood, homemade lemon meringue pie, homemade cinamon rolls
Cooking experience: From the time I could stand on a stool and see the stovetop
Favorite thing to cook: Corn Bread and Bacon stuffed Pork Chops

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm quite interested in how you made those Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops. Do you have a special technique as to how they sound so... delicious?

Welcome, btw!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
You need:
5 or 6 bone-in pork rib or loin chops, 1 to 1 1/4 inches thick (about 4 lb)
6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium onion chopped up, about1/2 cup
1 small green bell pepper chopped up, about 1/2 cup
1 cup corn bread stuffing crumbs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves (which I did't have any so I just didn't use anything)
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preheat the oven to about 450

Make a pocket in each pork chop by cutting into side of chop toward the bone.

Cook the bacon in a medium or large skillet whichever, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Stir in onion and bell pepper. Cook for two or three minutes, stirring ever now and then until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain it and then stir in stuffing crumbs and water until well mixed. Stir in the cheese.

Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with seasoned salt, marjoram and pepper. Fill the pockets with about 1/3 cup corn bread mixture or just whatever looks so that it just pokes out of the pocket. Cook them in the same skillet over medium heat, turning once, until brown. Put the pork chops on an ugreased pan ad cover them with some aluminum foil.

The you bake it for 40-45 minutes. Uncover and bake it about 15 minutes longer or until pork is slightly pink when cut near bone.

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Username: manadhon
Favorite Foods: Steak, chicken gizzards, rice, all things fruity, seafood, British cuisine
Experience: I've spent the past three years learning to cook the hearty food of the Midwest
Notable dishes: Hamburger soup, assorted gluten free baked goods (too many to count)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I finally got around to buying some yeast so I could make some delicious cinnamon rolls. They're pretty darn delicious. However I did cook them too long so the outer layer is a little overdone. But all in all they aren't bad. I tried taking a picture but the quality is so bad because all I have is my webcam. This is the recipe I used. 1 Hour Easy Cinnamon Rolls

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
omg that sounds so scrumptious!~ I've placed it in the OP if you don't mind. :3 I might have to try that this week since I got pork chops and I'll go to the market for some bacon and seasoned salt.

& Welcome, mandahon! What "midwest" dishes do you like to eat/cook? I may or may not have heard of some since I'm a SoCal gal and all. :P

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
omg that sounds so scrumptious!~ I've placed it in the OP if you don't mind. :3 I might have to try that this week since I got pork chops and I'll go to the market for some bacon and seasoned salt.

& Welcome, mandahon! What "midwest" dishes do you like to eat/cook? I may or may not have heard of some since I'm a SoCal gal and all. :P

I don't think any of the food here isn't anything most people don't already know about. The Midwest is characterized by its large, hearty meals, or at least my family, and that's what I usually eat. The only things I can think of that are unique to Michigan (my current residence), are the olive burger, and the pasty, which has its origins in the British isles. Although, I do have a taste for southern food, since my grandmother is from the deep south.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Username: The Void
Favorite Foods: Carbonara, bacon, scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, chocolates, bacon, Indian foods, chili, and bacon. Did I mention bacon?

I'm a huge fan of spicy food -- I've made it a goal in my bucketlist to one day eat the Bhut Jolokia.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh FFFFF. I just had to google that. I thought HABANEROS were the hottest chili pepper in the world. I must be proven WRONG. xD I would love to see you achieve that someday. You sir, are the bravest I've met.

I can only tolerate sweet peppers, and that's it. I can't eat jalapenos, as they are really spicy for me! xD

manadhon

RTX-008L
Years
Oh FFFFF. I just had to google that. I thought HABANEROS were the hottest chili pepper in the world. I must be proven WRONG. xD I would love to see you achieve that someday. You sir, are the bravest I've met.

I can only tolerate sweet peppers, and that's it. I can't eat jalapenos, as they are really spicy for me! xD

I'd be more surprised if he wanted to eat a Carolina Reaper, but that's me.

I myself have never been a huge fan of peppers, and avoid them like the plague in most cases. However, I will be growing a couple varieties in my heirloom garden this time around, mostly for salsa, but perhaps chile rellenos as well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm not sure which one it was, but some kids in my high school brought in these peppers that were supposed to be one of the top 5 hottest peppers in the world and he was like handing them out to people to try and 3 people ended up going to the hospital because they couldn't like handle the heat or something. I know one of them had gotten the juice in her eye and her eye had actually started bleeding.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
many people get sent to the hospital because of the heat from the peppers. It's weird but it does happen. Some people don't have high spice tolerance.

Anyways, anyone cooking Easter dishes for the big holiday? :3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm making deviled eggs and then I'll be trying to make some coffee cake in the morning before I leave to go to my cousin's.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Traditionally with my family, we always have a barbeque. We usually have fried chicken sandwiches and carne asada. It was a fantastic cookout, after all. :D

Theblackvixen

The Delphox Queen
Years
Username: theblackvixen
Favorite foods: Just about everything! But a lovely group!few are mashed potatoes, pomegranates, chicken, sushi and sashimi, grilled zucchini, salads, ahh, so much! <3

I'm into cooking as well! I love making american soul foods, hearty stews, and other delicious homey foods! <3 I also dabble in baking at times :) I like making pies and cakes ^^

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome! :3 What kind of salads do you like to make and which type is your favorite? I'm more into those southwesterny chicken salads where you add bell peppers and bacon on it. Those are pretty good, and full of protein!

Going to get this club back in order by showing off some delicious enchiladas that I made the other day. Told my bf I was making them, and that...made him hungry. xD

You can check it out on my twitter here. I used this recipe with a few alterations: [x]

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I forgot how to make tuna salad today. I had to call my mom and ask her how to do it. I feel very ashamed.

But I made it and now I just feel full.

Years
Username: Kanzler
Favourite foods: uh.. everything? XD

Making Asian nachos tonight! Also I love sriracha. Does anybody else here love sriracha? I don't cook with recipes, I just add ingredients until it looks/smells/tastes good :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back