• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Tile Map Editor [NTME]

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Nameless Tile Map Editor [NTME]
Version: 1.1
A GBA TileMap editor, created by Diven-Trogh.

Screenshots
11qn1x3.jpg
2u94owh.jpg

Videos

Download
» From attachment (Mirror @ PROMH)

Last edited:

AmineX

Music Expert
Years
another awsome tool big thanks D-Trogh that make life easyer for title screen and world maps thanks again

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
this tool looks great.
i have a suggestion for you.
how about you have the option to insert the tilemaps into the rom. for example a world map. also possible the option to ether dump a .raw of a tilemap in the rom and/or be able to edit a tilemap from within the rom with this tool.

i dont know if that is possible because i dont know much about tilemaps.

thanks in advance
link

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Great tool!
Thanks for uploading it.

Last edited:

X-aveon

IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
yeah........for some reason i can't import the ruby titlescreen tilemap. just to test. so that might need to be fixed, or is it just me? well, anyways, this looks like a tool i'll be using for fire red.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Great tool!
By the way, this may sound like a n00b question but how does it exactly works?
How can you say it's a great tool if you even don't know how it works - -'
Common.. It works just like Cyclone.. Load the tileset, then load the tilemap.
yeah........for some reason i can't import the ruby titlescreen tilemap. just to test. so that might need to be fixed, or is it just me? well, anyways, this looks like a tool i'll be using for fire red.
It's certainly is you.. - -'
ntmeao4.png

Unless you meant an other tilemap :-\

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
How can you say it's a great tool if you even don't know how it works - -'
Common.. It works just like Cyclone.. Load the tileset, then load the tilemap.It's certainly is you.. - -'
ntmeao4.png

Unless you meant an other tilemap :-\

I know it works as cyclone I know how to use it now :P

But how can I load a tileset of 129x60?
It says I can't :/
BTW I'm doing a TS

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Nice tool you got there. Pretty much the same as Cycloon but better. Its pretty simple to use so Thank You for that.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Cyclones instant win lol. But why do you use VB!? Its total crap!
So you think Cyclone is better? :-\
And.. I use VB as it's the only programming language I 'know' AND I'm not motivated enough to learn a new language..

Edit:
Ah yes.. today I made a tilemap with NTME and imported it to the ROM..
This is how it looks in NTME and in-game.
This is what I got when I loaded the same tileset and tilemap in Cyclone Prototype
Edit2:
Found some bugs (when using Palette 0), so uploaded fix..

Last edited:
Years
Cyclones instant win lol. But why do you use VB!? Its total crap!

As long as it can do the job, then I can't seem to see the problem...
I have been reading a few of your post... I don't realy understand you...
You all the time are against Everything VB, But why? If the the same bytes is getting changed by a VB tool or C tool... I might prove that the C-programer got a bigger knowlegde (at programing) but realy, It's not that big differnce in the outcome in the end, when it comes to simpel rom hacking tool... If there is, I haven't seen it yet...

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
It would be cool, if it has a tutorial......
I don't see why you would need a tutorial..
Unless you're extremely new to hacking, you should know what a tileset and tile map is..

Anyway.. This is how you use it:
» Load a tileset
» Set the tilemap size at this point..
» Load a tilemap (Optional)
» Edit the tilemap, just like editing a map in AM..
(So.. You select a tile from the tileset, change the palette if necessary, eventually flip the tile too.. and then click the tilemap..)
» Save the tilemap

Ah.. yes.. here's an edited FR worldmap XD
Only the tilemap.. not the data on the map!

Years
  • Age 31
  • F:\u
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
I don't have time to check it right now, but it looks from the screenshot that the UI could be slightly improved. Other than that, congratulations, it looks pretty good. I'll debug it some once I release PokeShop tonight (if I d0.. XD)

- bored man

also STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT VB YOU GUYS HONESTLY. lol :P trogh's a good programmer and vb6 was one of the most popular languages in the world at one point. object oriented programming is the correct language type for these kinds of tools, too. and on top of all that, you guys complain when ppl use .net for object oriented cus it requires a new, windows OS (unless u compile it right for other setings/platforms)... idk. just srsly, dis the program, not the language, and if there's nothing to diss, then don't diss .t

</badspellingetc.>

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I don't see why you would need a tutorial..
Unless you're extremely new to hacking, you should know what a tileset and tile map is..

Anyway.. This is how you use it:
» Load a tileset
» Set the tilemap size at this point..
» Load a tilemap (Optional)
» Edit the tilemap, just like editing a map in AM..
(So.. You select a tile from the tileset, change the palette if necessary, eventually flip the tile too.. and then click the tilemap..)
» Save the tilemap

Ah.. yes.. here's an edited FR worldmap XD
Only the tilemap.. not the data on the map!

i still don't understand how to change it

Back