• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Script

Spoiler:

[Solved]

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
This script was fixed but it stiil doesn't work th way I want it to.

ROM: Pokemon Fire Red
Version: 1.0
Script Editor: XSE
Script type: Person

Spoiler:

A-map settings

Spoiler:

This is a wildbattle with a Suicune. Firstly, the fadescreen command happens before the battle ends, it happesn when I talk to the Suicune. Secondly, the Suicune temporarily disappears after the battle and then returns when I move. If I put in a random ID code, it disappears permanently. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

Pictures

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Likewise

Bye.
Years
lol sorry,
Game: Pokemon Fire red
Type: Person
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

A kinda noobish question....
When the flag is set, it just ends, it doesn't go to the message @milk thing (don't ask its a very weird script......)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
lol sorry,
Game: Pokemon Fire red
Type: Person
Editor: XSE
Script:
Content hidden:
Click here to view.
#dynamic 0x71A29C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1005
if 0x1 goto @milk
msgbox @get
boxset 0x6
msgbox @milky
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @get
= Mom:Hurry and get the milk honey!

#org @done
release
end

#org @milk
= Mom:Oh you're here!\pMom:While you were out we found\nsome milk in the fridge, but now\lthat you've bought it....Keep it!\pMom:You can go outside to play now.

#org @done2
release
end

When the flag is set, it just ends, it doesn't go to the message @milk thing (don't ask its a very weird script......)

Erm this script will not work because you have pointers that don't lead to anything and you've got pieces of script which have no pointers leading to them.

Judging by what your script says, this should be the solution:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1005
if 0x1 goto @ milk
msgbox @get
release
end

#org @get
= Mom:Hurry and get the milk honey!

#org @milk
= Mom:Oh you're here!\pMom:While you were out we found\nsome milk in the fridge, but now\lthat you've bought it....Keep it!\pMom:You can go outside to play now.

This may be right but non of us will know until you give us all the script info.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Spoiler:

When the flag is set, it just ends, it doesn't go to the message @milk thing (don't ask its a very weird script......)[/QUOTE]

The script is kinda screwed up pretty bad.
Spoiler:

Oh, N3O, try running on a different map. :\

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
Slight issue with a give pokemon script

The actual give pokemon script works fine. Don't giet me wrong, it gives you a lv 5 Growlithe if you talk to the right guy. The problem is, i want it to be my starter pokemon. So, how do I get the Pokemon menu to appear when i talk to the guy? Because the pokemon shows up in battle, but not in the start menu. Here is the script, can someone edit it so it also makes the pokemon menu show up and highlight the changes?

Thanks

#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x202
if B_true goto $done
message $here
boxset 6
givepokemon 58 5 0xD
setflag 0x202
release
end
#ORG $done
message $nomore
boxset 6
release
end
#ORG $here
$here 1 = (Text Here)
$ORG $nomore
$nomore 1 = (Text Here)

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
The actual give pokemon script works fine. Don't giet me wrong, it gives you a lv 5 Growlithe if you talk to the right guy. The problem is, i want it to be my starter pokemon. So, how do I get the Pokemon menu to appear when i talk to the guy? Because the pokemon shows up in battle, but not in the start menu. Here is the script, can someone edit it so it also makes the pokemon menu show up and highlight the changes?

Thanks

#ORG $begin
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if B_true goto $done
message $here
boxset 6
givepokemon 58 5 0xD
setflag 0x828
release
end
#ORG $done
message $nomore
boxset 6
release
end
#ORG $here
$here 1 = (Text Here)

$ORG $nomore
$nomore 1 = (Text Here)

Try the Pokemon Menu flag.. Which is Setflag 828 or Chechflag 828.
I changed them both for you in the quote above, I just wanted to tell you your mistakes..
And nextime.. remember to add a spoiler. If you need Any scripting assistance , come to me when im online.
Ill help you.(Ill help you Fast as i can)

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Game:Fire Red
Editor:XSE
Type:person event

When i talk to the person,the game freezes with not message box appearing.
Spoiler:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Having trouble with a rather troublesome script.

Script type: Person Script
ROM:FR
Script Editor:XSE
Spoiler:

When I talk to it, the message appears and I move, but the Spearow doesn't, :\ Then the boy talks but doesn't move. He then just disappears.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Game:Fire Red
Editor:XSE
Type:person event

When i talk to the person,the game freezes with not message box appearing.
Spoiler:

:\ There's nothing wrong with it. Try using a different offset.

Example:

Example:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @talk
boxset 0x2
end

Don't use lock, faceplayer, and release. Boxset 0x2 can replace them. :]

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
Years
Hi, i'm not sure if this is scripting, but how on earth do you make a trainer battle you, from a sprite you have made from the ground up.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Having trouble with a rather troublesome script.

Script type: Person Script
ROM:FR
Script Editor:XSE
Spoiler:

When I talk to it, the message appears and I move, but the Spearow doesn't, :\ Then the boy talks but doesn't move. He then just disappears.
Help meh!

And another one:
Script type: Trigger script
ROM: FR

Spoiler:

I move and the camera moves, but nothing else.

I need help on these BADLY! My beta is due tomorrow and these are the final scripts I need!

[/SOLVED!]

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hi, i'm not sure if this is scripting, but how on earth do you make a trainer battle you, from a sprite you have made from the ground up.

You should use trainerbattle. trainerbattle 0x0 is for normal battles. trainerbattle 0x1 is for like gym leader, or rival battles. Look around some tutorials.

Help meh!

And another one:
Script type: Trigger script
ROM: FR

Spoiler:

I move and the camera moves, but nothing else.

I need help on these BADLY! My beta is due tomorrow and these are the final scripts I need!

All that I can think of that the person event numbers are not used properly :\ You changed them to HEX? Like, 10 to A?

Edit: I have a question, suppose I want the player to surf, but not use surf. Just the animation. How do I do it? I remember there's a special for it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
could someone help me, I need a script that switchs the OW sprite when a certain event happens.
Example: Changing clothes for Pokemon contest

As HackMew said, this is not a script request thread. Please attempt to make the script first.

And Hiche, it's special 0x161.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Thanks Vrai. Do I need a waitstate under it?

I don't think you should. It only activates the surfing animation, as far as I know. I've never used it.. >.<

Years
National Dex

In my hack, of Fire Red I have changed one of the starter Pokemon to a Larvitar, which means the player needs the National Dex to have seen it. I can't seem to get Oak to give the player a national dex. I looked around and saw some one said to put in "special 0x1F3" in the script I have tried adding it in, replacing all the other specials with it and putting it after all the specials, but it just makes the game freeze. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using XSE

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Spoiler:

(Sorry if I put in too much of the script!)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
In my hack, of Fire Red I have changed one of the starter Pokemon to a Larvitar, which means the player needs the National Dex to have seen it. I can't seem to get Oak to give the player a national dex. I looked around and saw some one said to put in "special 0x1F3" in the script I have tried adding it in, replacing all the other specials with it and putting it after all the specials, but it just makes the game freeze. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm using XSE

Thanks and Merry Christmas
(Sorry if I put in too much of the script!)

You sort of don't need the script. Because that "some one" is wrong. It's special 0x16F

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back