• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
Great hack, Zel. Really good job.

I downloaded and played the X version without realizing it, I thought I had the normal version, lol.

And I had no clue there was a Jirachi event, I just started playing on B5. Can't wait for B6. But will I be able to keep the Pokemon I have now?

No. You have to Start a New Game whenever a new Beta comes out. This is to avoid missing flags and other events that have been changed since the last beta.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
OH EM GEE! Maybe the new region will be Carlos' home region? >:D

Regarding the info known about him (not much is known, though), but he comes from another region, not any of the ones known (or that which has been spoiled before)

About the Jirachi event: is there any hint for it in-game? Or we just have to think on our own and hope our minds and eyes will find the answer?

It's something that eventually you'll figure out, dont worry.

I found something weird: there's a piece of rock in that part near mt moon taht acts like a sign saying that's the entrance of Mt. Moon.
That's all.

OK, fixed.

Anyways, I beleive i've found a solution to the teleporting glitch which makes you stuck on a mountain at Mahogany. Here it is:

teleport1we6.png

Fixed also (I think, I dont use Teleport)

I have a question, it's possible to find a feebas in the game? If yes, evolve by level up or with a stone? Or does not evolve yet?!!

Thanks!

Not in the B5, but you will in B6 (in a one chance only event), but, regarding how it'll evolve, it's obvious it'll be different, but, I'll not gonna say how.

The Whirlpool Part of the trick house desn't have a code...

Yes, it has. Just check the Help thread in the Scrapbox, I remember seeing it there.

The Name Rater's house is really troublesome...

bici.jpg

The bike problem there was posted already.

But sevii islands have three maps, so it's actually possible.
In fact, in marble I'm putting 4 regions.

Problem is with the ammount of locations. Considering the number of locations on Johto and Kanto (big regions), I was left with very few locations to put on the other two maps. I just had a few bunch for that third map, so I'm skipping using the fourth one.
Of course, if it's possible to increase the number of locations (or you dont overuse them on one or two maps, it could be possible to use the four maps without problems.

Also, when will Carlos vs me, everyone keeps saying he's looking for me, or something bad is going to happen ... What am I supposed to do?

Those are all references to another event ocurring in the next Beta.

I've got kind of a problem while playing the game and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Everything works fine up untill the start menu. It says press start so I hit enter and the start screen with Ho-oh goes away and then some text appears and it says to that A is next so I hit A and it goes to the next screen but when I hit A again but nothing changes and it wont move on.

Whats wrong?

thanks

Check Zowayix's answer. Most likely it's a matter of joypad's configuration in your emulator.

I found a glitch if tou fish in mistys gym you battle a missingno and you can catch the ghost that you cant identify....

Hmmm... Oh, yes. Seems I didn't put fish for the S.Rod at Misty's Gym, and that gives us some nice MissingNo. Great...
Well, be on the lookout for more things like that.

Glitch: Minor

Okay, this is pretty much VERY minor because I doubt it'l happen to alot of people, but its exploitable.

After going through Dragons Den, I got to the end and picked up the Dragon Fang. Now, by absolute dumb luck, I had a full bag, so I wasnt able to pick it up, but the script continued any way as if I picked it up, got the badge and the reward TM. Now, after dropping an item I no longer needed, I proceeded to pick up the Dragon Fang, once picked up, the same script happend but the character did not appear, I was talking to a ghost and getting the badge again and ANOTHER Dragonbreath TM.

Just figured I'd say just incase you wanted to do anything about it.
Thats not really a minor glitch, but it can be easily fixed.

It was listed in my bug list as "Always have room for items in your bag" since it was a problem for me to add the jump bagisfull (because of my lazyness... -_-), I never got used to use it, so, if I had to implement it, I'd have to touch 1, 2... a lot of scripts... ToT
Which could be something I could do at the end, if I'm in the mood for it, but meanwhile, just remember to have a free spot, ok?

OK, time for updating. Since I'm recovering the rythm at hacking, now I finished with Pewter's events. Next thing to do is the Lugia event at Whirl Islands (and I'm sure I'll end up fainting the Lugia, as usual... XD)

hibryd

Beginner (But learning!)
Years
No. You have to Start a New Game whenever a new Beta comes out. This is to avoid missing flags and other events that have been changed since the last beta.

Thanks. Guess since I've finished everything but getting Jirachi and the Legendary beasts, I'd better just sit and wait.

BUT I"M FAWNING OVER THAT FREAKIN' PILLAR!!!! ARRRRGHHH!!!!

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel:To kill the killing pcs, you could use one of those mid-route healing people.I mean the route 27/26 healing house script.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Is there supposed to be Charcoal in the Azela Town Pokemart list? It is the first item on the list.

Yes, it was also in the original. I guess they wanted to give the Charcoal in case you miss going back to Azalea after helping with the Farfetch'd event. Maybe?

Zel:To kill the killing pcs, you could use one of those mid-route healing people.I mean the route 27/26 healing house script.

Problem with that is that they are not exactly PCs. They do heal, but that's all, those PCs would still have problems (they wouldn't hang, but if you lose, you'd be sent to some other place), but... If nobody cares about that, I'll try to make them that way, at least for the time being.

And the "how do I make patches work" should be sent to some other thread, thanks.
Hasn't anyone made a thread for that in the scrapbox?

kingofeds

The Ed-olution is here!
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2022
I'm curious if this is a computer thing, but whenever I try to download the B5 data, it comes up with me downloading an Internet Explorer file instead of the Shiny Gold patch. Anybody know what to do?

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2010
Hello, it's a great hack! But I have a problem, Afterwards beaten Clearly, I have just entered Dragon Den, but I cannot go because of typhoon. I do not have HM to abolish typhoon. How to have this HM[SIZE=-1] ?
[/SIZE]

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Hello, it's a great hack! But I have a problem, Afterwards beaten Clearly, I have just entered Dragon Den, but I cannot go because of typhoon. I do not have HM to abolish typhoon. How to have this HM[SIZE=-1] ?
[/SIZE]

remember before in the game, when Lance gave you a clampearl? The clampearl knows whirlpool.

hibryd

Beginner (But learning!)
Years
I found a small bug, not very important, but when you go onto Cycling Road without a bike from Fuschia, you walk around without a bike in the area, but as soon as you pass the ledge, it fixes itself.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
I found a small bug, not very important, but when you go onto Cycling Road without a bike from Fuschia, you walk around without a bike in the area, but as soon as you pass the ledge, it fixes itself.

I think that this was also in the original GSC game. but I'm not sure. I need to check is.

BTW Zel, I love the new pokemon sprites of some of the pokemon. Esspecially Totodile's

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 7, 2010
Has any one else received this bug....

Well i am in kanto i beat surge and i think sabrina so far. Well I got the ghostbuster was figuring out how to get back to johto so i flew to the e4 and had the guys pigeot fly me.... and when i went to ecruteak city i got all the timed events again like Dante and his girlfriend and i even re-fought my rival and when i went downstairs i saw morty and the dogs @ same time... and when i went the dogs fled "again" and well i beat mortys ass <3 houndoom level 74

Any word on when the next Beta Will be released? a month? a few weeks? :D

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Zel, When you do the Lugia event, are you going to make it the exact same as Gold with its level like 70?
that was one of the things that really irked me abou the origianl is that you could only catch it at lv. 70 after its forgotten its better moves. if possible could you make it like level 40 like Ho-oh or change its move list so that it can still learn its best moves?

Years
hey zel i was wondering (if it is even possible) if your going to change the fame checker into a jhoto one

i would be happy to find information about jhoto gymleaders if you need

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
You cannot escape buildings like slkiph using teleport dig or escape ropes...

Well, Silph is not actually a maze-like building, or even a very tall building where you'd waste a lot of time to get out of the building. That's why I left it untouched.

Well i am in kanto i beat surge and i think sabrina so far. Well I got the ghostbuster was figuring out how to get back to johto so i flew to the e4 and had the guys pigeot fly me.... and when i went to ecruteak city i got all the timed events again like Dante and his girlfriend and i even re-fought my rival and when i went downstairs i saw morty and the dogs @ same time... and when i went the dogs fled "again" and well i beat mortys ass <3 houndoom level 74

Are you sure you aren't playing over an older Beta save? (I haven't had that problem)

Zel, When you do the Lugia event, are you going to make it the exact same as Gold with its level like 70?
that was one of the things that really irked me abou the origianl is that you could only catch it at lv. 70 after its forgotten its better moves. if possible could you make it like level 40 like Ho-oh or change its move list so that it can still learn its best moves?

It must be at Lv70, as it was in the original. But, let's not forget about the existance of the Move Relearner, he'll probably help you giving it the forgotten moves, hopefully (I'm not sure, I haven't used the Move Relearner in any of the original games...)

hey zel i was wondering (if it is even possible) if your going to change the fame checker into a jhoto one

i would be happy to find information about jhoto gymleaders if you need

With the changes of sprites I think that'll only bring more problems than anything else. I dont really need more problems, thanks.

Har D Har

Master Mapper Supreme!
Years

I see the problem. You probably didn't see the trio fleee the first time, or even enter the tower and fight the duo. For that reason, when you went 'back' to fight Morty, all the things you should have already see happened for the first time. No big deal dude.

Back