• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xiaolin Showdown 2: Xiaolin Chronicles

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 20, 2021
I have not seen this sequel series and only just hearing about it. Man have I missed out! I suppose I'll just have to see when it comes on.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I have not seen this sequel series and only just hearing about it. Man have I missed out! I suppose I'll just have to see when it comes on.

If you want to catch up, watchcartoononline has all the episodes and will upload new ones every Saturday! Enjoy! :)

Okay, so I've been doing some thinking. Darkpokeball was a bit upset at the lack of showdowns, but what if it was made that way? I mean, think about it. The first series was XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN, so there had to be showdowns to make sense. This time is XIAOLIN CHRONICLES, and a chronicle is a story. Maybe it's just supposed to be a collection of adventures. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or add your own opinion.
I also have to give my thoughts about the storyline and try to straighten it out, because it looks like everyone has given up trying to find the golden bunnies and a new temple. Chase is just doing whatever he wants (which is a good thing if he's finally doing something) but without some conflict, where's the fun? Oh well, at least the monks are keeping up with their training and Ping-Pong is learning.
Can't wait for the new episode this Saturday!!! :DDDD

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
I've been falling behind...I missed out on ep. 8 and ep. 9 and I don't have them recorded! I'll find a way to watch them eventually though. As for the whole Chronicles vs Showdowns thing...the first series had some good stories in those 3-part eps(Like the one where Raimundo joined Wuya or where Omi joined Chase). If the focus truly is on story > showdowns, then I'd like to see more of those 3 part eps in the new show.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I've been falling behind...I missed out on ep. 8 and ep. 9 and I don't have them recorded! I'll find a way to watch them eventually though. As for the whole Chronicles vs Showdowns thing...the first series had some good stories in those 3-part eps(Like the one where Raimundo joined Wuya or where Omi joined Chase). If the focus truly is on story > showdowns, then I'd like to see more of those 3 part eps in the new show.

type watchcartoononline in google. the website has all the episodes!

Episode 9: The monks are hired to help transport a prisoner in South America to a high security prison. During the transport, Raimundo falls prey to the prisoners story, which is not too different from his own. He insists taking the prisoner to amusement parks and go cart racing before being locked up for life. After the trips, a shen-gong-wu appears (which allows more power to your farts) and Omi sets out to go find it. There is a showdown between him and Chase, after eliminating Spicer, but Chase gives it back. Another "lesson" perhaps? Willow/Shadow doesn't have a part. Later, the prisoner escapes after having a message from Chase. The monks trace him back to the circus and fight him. He then was given to the prison, and gave Raimundo a present.
My thoughts: this was more of a fluff episode, or filler if you prefer. The monks have officially given up trying to find a temple and the golden bunnies. And as much as I loved seeing Chase, he really didn't have a part. He just came, fought, then left. But at least he won this time (Yay)! Oh, and he still seems focused on turning Omi to the dark side.
This is a sketchy review, if you really want details, go watch it! watchcartoononline, watchcartoononline! It's free! Click on the CARTOONS tab and scroll to "X". They have the old version too!

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Episode 10: The Monks' goal is finally completed. While riding Thunderhoof, Master Fung appears to them to tell them their new temple is close by. The magical horse brings them to a small village, where Chase Young brings his wrath. He uses his magic to turn the monks into cats, but Omi managed to escape. He uses the Cheetah claws to travel back in time, seeking Master Dashi's wisdom. He hands Omi a chopstick and tells him the secret to defeating Chase. Omi returns to the present, and challenges Chase into a showdown for the freedom of his friends. He wins, and through that, the chopstick, the tohou snout, eye of the komodo dragon, the golden bunny talisman, and kimiko's rock, a diving stick is formed and a new temple is revealed. Princess Kaila of the Thousand Layer Mountain is also free of her spell. She tells the monks that they were finally home, and rides Thunderhoof off into the sky.
My thoughts: This episode was a lot better than most. Shadow is back, and I found out she was a cat person. Chase also turns Jack into a rat, so that was cute too. The new shen-gong-wu are the Cheetah claws, a hybrid of the Golden Tiger Claws and the Sands of Time, and a new version of the Two Ton Tunic. But this episode was also weird. The Cheetah Claws sent you back in time, but if you don't concentrate, you could come out naked. And you don't get to choose when to go back either. The SGW just sends you back when you're time is up. Oh, and I don't think they continued from the first series, since Omi was surprised that Chase used to be on the side of good (Hello? Everybody already knows the story, Omi. You're a couple years late.), but he could recognize Master Dashi and Dashi knew who Omi was, so I don't know.
But Shadow with the monk kittens was really cute. She was playing with them and cooed over them and everything. She seems to like Kimiko the best though, since she went through the whole "we'll be side by side" speech. WHAT TOTALLY TICKED ME OFF THOUGH WAS THAT SHE AND CHASE WERE THIS *holds fingers an inch apart* CLOSE TO ACTUALLY KISSING I AM NOT KIDDING I WAS SO SCARED!!!
So what are all of your thoughts?

darkpokeball

Years
So, I just saw "Out Of Ping Pong's Mind" and "Xiaolin Redemption."

Out Of Ping Pong's Mind: I loved the showdown in this one! But...since when did Shadow gain the ability to shrink Wu? Also, besides the showdown, this episode was pretty weak. I hate to see Omi hindering Ping Pong's potential and Ping Pong's 'Omi-ness' was a bit...random. Also, how in the world did Omi manage to grab Chase's magic drink? Isn't Chase Young supposed to be...untrickable?

Xiaolin Redemption: This ep was pretty cute. When Raimundo claims it's all his fault that the villain escaped, I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't. I mean, the villain literally got rid of his arm. Raimundo couldn't do anything about that! As for the villain...I'd love to see him return in future episodes. Seriously, he was evil and manipulative...I wonder what would happen if he got into Ping-Pong's head.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
So, I just saw "Out Of Ping Pong's Mind" and "Xiaolin Redemption."

Out Of Ping Pong's Mind: I loved the showdown in this one! But...since when did Shadow gain the ability to shrink Wu? Also, besides the showdown, this episode was pretty weak. I hate to see Omi hindering Ping Pong's potential and Ping Pong's 'Omi-ness' was a bit...random. Also, how in the world did Omi manage to grab Chase's magic drink? Isn't Chase Young supposed to be...untrickable?

Xiaolin Redemption: This ep was pretty cute. When Raimundo claims it's all his fault that the villain escaped, I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't. I mean, the villain literally got rid of his arm. Raimundo couldn't do anything about that! As for the villain...I'd love to see him return in future episodes. Seriously, he was evil and manipulative...I wonder what would happen if he got into Ping-Pong's head.

That's what I'm saying! As if anyone could be smart enough to trick the only villain who actually succeeded in splitting the world in two! They're making him look weak! Go watch Princess Kelia or whatever her name is and the thousand layer mountain, its so much cuter! if only the cats didn't talk...

darkpokeball

Years
Princess Kalia And The Thousand Layer Mountain: *_* wut. The new Wu is interesting and all...but seriously, why have it send you back to the present randomly when you could just keep going to the past every time you're sent back? I think they should've added a cap like once a day or something. Also, was it just me or was Dashi kind of a jerk? In the original, sure he was a bit mean, but he was also wise and funny. In this new one, he hears one of his friends turns evil and he goes 'meh, kinda expected it.' What made Chase so interesting last time was that he TRULY was good, and the only thing that made him bad was the soup. Also, in the original, Chase's cats were his defeated enemies. In this one, he just showed up and turned them all into cats easily...why not just do that earlier? Also, Chase's losing the showdown...that was weird. I'm okay with Chase losing showdowns as long as he smirks afterwards or hints that he lost on purpose, as that goes along with his character. In this one, he somehow honestly lost. And how did 'his greatest strength is his greatest weakness' help at all? Omi just kinda had a flashback and then won, without explaining how the advice was relevant. And will the show ever explore why Kalia was a zombified monster at first? I'm hoping that Fung's personal journey relates to or intertwines with Kalia's similar personal journey.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Princess Kalia And The Thousand Layer Mountain: *_* wut. The new Wu is interesting and all...but seriously, why have it send you back to the present randomly when you could just keep going to the past every time you're sent back? I think they should've added a cap like once a day or something. Also, was it just me or was Dashi kind of a jerk? In the original, sure he was a bit mean, but he was also wise and funny. In this new one, he hears one of his friends turns evil and he goes 'meh, kinda expected it.' What made Chase so interesting last time was that he TRULY was good, and the only thing that made him bad was the soup. Also, in the original, Chase's cats were his defeated enemies. In this one, he just showed up and turned them all into cats easily...why not just do that earlier? Also, Chase's losing the showdown...that was weird. I'm okay with Chase losing showdowns as long as he smirks afterwards or hints that he lost on purpose, as that goes along with his character. In this one, he somehow honestly lost. And how did 'his greatest strength is his greatest weakness' help at all? Omi just kinda had a flashback and then won, without explaining how the advice was relevant. And will the show ever explore why Kalia was a zombified monster at first? I'm hoping that Fung's personal journey relates to or intertwines with Kalia's similar personal journey.

Meh, I guess Chase losing isn't that big a deal since Shadow did win one and she ended up giving it back anyway. But Kalia was kind of random with her monster form and her and Thunderhoof riding on the rainbow happily-ever-after style. Oh, and I won't be able to watch the next one until Sunday, so keep me upadated? I heard there was going to be a mini Dojo IN DOJO'S ORIGINAL COLORS!!!!!
But yeah, I kind of have to agree with you with Chase being a bit off character, but everyone is off character if you haven't noticed *cough cough Dojo* so maybe having Shadow around changed him or something. I still like her though, she's really cool. Can I be like her when I grow up?
My poor poor Chase...what have those Canadian producers and artists done to you? He used to be the respected Prince of Darkness, a named feared by the world, and now...he's a single father who got defeated legitamently by cheese snack. Even when he brought the world down to its knees a second time, he couldn't get rid of the monks for long.
Oh, and as for Dashi, I seriously think he didn't know what he was talking about half the time. That dude was Loco with a capital L.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Episode 11: Dojo finally gets his own episode when a meteorite lands near the temple, revealing Dojo's great (x25) grandson, who visits from the future in order to make sure that Dojo fulfills his destiny to be the leader and master of the planet. Apparently, after being treated as a servant by the monks, he takes control and frees his kind, making the humans slaves instead. Mini Dojo talks to Big Dojo about his rule as he and the monks try to find the Quantum Wand, a new SGW that allows time travel. Jack makes a comeback with some new Jackbots, and surprisingly wins the Showdown against Clay. The monks manage to get it back, but not before Mini and Big Dojo were sent to the future by Spicer. They follow him and end up in the future. With the help of a friend, they get inside the Dragon Palace and apologize to Big Dojo for the way they treated them. Mini Dojo then overthrows Big Dojo as leader and orders their annihilation. After using the Quantum Wand to return to the present, the monks make it up to Dojo by becoming his servants. On the side story, Jack creates a Banana shrinking ray, and uses it on Wuya.
My thoughts: First of all, it was sickening to see Mini Dojo grovel. I totally hate that, but on the plus side, all the characters were totally true to their descriptions. But I thought it was weird that Wuya could read a magazine, and "Maze of Hay" had an alternate meaning. It was cool seeing Clay in 3D, even if he lost to Spicer. But hey, Chase and Hannibal lost to him too (at least that's what they think ;D). Overall, I thought it was nice that some of the characters that had less screen time in the first series finally got a serious part (even if it wasn't a Chase/Shadow episode). Hopefully in the next episode, my Prince of Darkness will rise again, take control of Chaos, and plunge the world in eternal night. *sigh* Oh, that would be so wonderful, or at least a lot better than with Dojo in charge. And Rai looked good in a maid outfit, I hope Chase will keep him in that.
Question for all of you: If you could create a SGW, what would it do and what would you call it? Mine personally would be the Artemis Arrows, a set of bow and arrows that could hit any target intended with a bit of practice, and a Fire-type. So I guess it would be like Kimiko's Arrow Sparrows, but more subtle. Her birds were a bit too flashy, and where's the fun if you don't have surprise on your side?
Another question: What do you think the next SGW in the show is going to be? I'm guessing something that has to do with time.

darkpokeball

Years
Just saw Planet of the Dragons. Have to say, I freaking loved it! This and "Fall Of Xiaolin" are my favorite episodes so far! Best showdown this season,(even though Clay lost :C ). I didn't like how obvious the moral was, and how they kept pushing it in my face, but other than that, I hugely enjoyed the storyline. I hope Clay competes in more showdowns soon...

If I could create a Shen-Gon-Wu? The Jupiter Bolt. It either has the ability to repel darkness and bring light back in dark times(if in the hands of good) or to plunge the world into darkness and nearly drown out all light(in the hands of evil.) There's a lot at stake with this Wu, and if the Heylin side got it, then we'd probably have of of 'em 3-part episodes on our hands.

Next SGW in the show? Hopefully a remake of the Eye of Dashi or a remake of the Reversing Mirror...I've been missing those Wu.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Just saw Planet of the Dragons. Have to say, I freaking loved it! This and "Fall Of Xiaolin" are my favorite episodes so far! Best showdown this season,(even though Clay lost :C ). I didn't like how obvious the moral was, and how they kept pushing it in my face, but other than that, I hugely enjoyed the storyline. I hope Clay competes in more showdowns soon...

If I could create a Shen-Gon-Wu? The Jupiter Bolt. It either has the ability to repel darkness and bring light back in dark times(if in the hands of good) or to plunge the world into darkness and nearly drown out all light(in the hands of evil.) There's a lot at stake with this Wu, and if the Heylin side got it, then we'd probably have of of 'em 3-part episodes on our hands.

Next SGW in the show? Hopefully a remake of the Eye of Dashi or a remake of the Reversing Mirror...I've been missing those Wu.

Darkpokeball, you're going to love this episode. The Green Monkey mask is revealed and the Monks set out to go find it in the Land of One Thousand and One Miseries. Chase figures it out and contacts the Warden, ordering him to make sure it never falls in the Monk's hands. Menawhile, the monks try to figure out a strategy from what they know from Kimiko's sister, Tigress. She was supposed to be on a quest looking for it. After arriving in the land, the monks fun into the Warden, who puts them through three miseries before the episode ends.
There is a side story in this episode where Shadow and I are in the same boat. Chase develops and interest in Tigress, telling Shadow that she could be a useful ally. This leads to Shadow wondering what she is to Chase and who she really is.
My thoughts: FINALLY! Something with a CLIFFHANGER!!! AND CHASE IS IN IT!! *SQUEE* What? He's interested in Tigress? Not on my watch, Shadow, stop him! Hey, the Warden has batman symbols on his collar. When are we going to meet Tigress? I'll continue my thoughts later, I have to go. Sorry!
My thoughts continued: Chase is one heck of a jerk in this episode. It's totally obvious that Shadow wants to please him, and there he goes rambling about Kimiko's "intriguing" sister. Hopeless much? I have to admit I like this side of Chase though, awfully anti-romantic. But other things bothered me in this episode; little things like the voice acting (again). It just didn't sound realistic, and I don't know if it was just the quality of my video, but sometimes the characters talk without moving their mouths. That was creepy. But another congrats to the Canadian staff for giving it their best. Animation was as good as always, and the recording was without flaws. Plot was good too since it now has a cliffhanger. There is a new SGW that allows one to dig underground, and the Lotus Twister makes its return.
@Darkpokeball: you saw the ending (I don't know how you got there) so there isn't really much after what you have described. The Monks land in a desert area, Warden gives them a new riddle, and Chase is obsured from their vision. He then says that he might have to go after it himself-then cliffhanger! Dun dun dunnnn....
In a nutshell for those of you who don't like to read, here are three reasons to go watch it:
1) Chase is in it
2) Shadow is in it
3) There. Is. A. Freaking. Cliffhanger.
See you all next week! <3

Last edited:

darkpokeball

Years
I woke up this morning and saw a small part of it...I was confused. Basically, Omi destroyed something, but there was this guy that said the game wasn't over and showed the monks the way out. It began to slowly close, but Omi said he had an idea. He used a new Wu of some sort, flew(and the monks all grabbed onto him) and grabbed Jack. THen he flew towards the way out, which was still closing. That's all I saw. But, I must admit: I'm interested. You say it's a cliffhanger...that makes me happy. Hopefully this is a 3-part ep! I'll watch it ASAP!

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
I just found out that the next episode "Mi Temple, Mi Casa" won't be on air until December 6th! Oh, and it doesn't look like it continues the story :( Something about the temple having a talking tree. But the next two episodes after that, "Heylin Within" and "Tigress Woo" seem to be interesting as Chase and Tigress will be in them. I personally can't wait until Tigress gets there so Shadow can kick her tail. But in "Tigress Woo", Kimiko has to find out if Tigress is on the side of good or evil. I really hope good. Really. If she becomes Chase's new sidekick I'm going to be seriously enraged. What happened to the good old days when the only thing I had to be jealous about was a floating head?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Okay, so after a two week hiatus, the 13th episode FINALLY comes out. I think I'll do this review differently because I had no idea what was going on.
Pros: New episode, new SGW, new character, Chase is in it, showdown in cartoon.
Cons; Doesn't follow up on the Monkey Mask, Chase's full body wasn't in it in its human form, no Shadow.
The only thing I got was that when cleaning the temple, the monks run into a talking tree who happens to be Barky, the Xiaolin Dragon of Wood. Chase then uses some mystical power to take over Barky and therefore the temple, transforming it into some kind of haunted house. The monks each face their worst fears but finally meet up thanks to Dojo and face Chase. In a showdown, Barky manages to find the strength to banish Chase's aura from his own tree form and save the monks. The monks then return to the temple to find Master Fung.
My thoughts: This episode was Lame with a capital L, which I didn't even know was possible with an amazing writer like Christy Hui. But it was just chock full of awkward and dull moments. But I'm glad Chase was in it. Master Fung and Dojo are getting on my nerves though.
The new SWG are nothing special, just the Elemental ones from the first series, and some of the new ones Barky had weren't identified.
Chase was totally out of character. I'm glad he's finally doing something significant since taking over the temple, but he just didn't seem like himself and I can't quite place my finger on it.
Let me know what you think, if anyone even checks this anymore.

Back