• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Yikes, I haven't posted here in ages! I missed out on about 4 months of shiny hunting? Congrats to all of the captures. XD;

I've been on and off on my recent hunts (well, mostly off due to school). However, I renewed my interest and began SRing for Groudon yesterday evening, and look who alreayd popped up~

Wild Shiny Groudon appears!
Full Shot of SP - no AR
Summary

Ah, the RNG clones strike again! It's from my same Emerald file; regardless, I love shiny Groudon, especially in 3D. I'll try Kyogre next, or maybe Cyndaquil if the RNG behaves.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
popping in a sec before i do homework to announce the suprising arrival of Slushie the Shiny Swinub :D [...]

Congratulations on the Swinub. ^_^

Yikes, I haven't posted here in ages! I missed out on about 4 months of shiny hunting? Congrats to all of the captures. XD;

I've been on and off on my recent hunts (well, mostly off due to school). However, I renewed my interest and began SRing for Groudon yesterday evening, and look who alreayd popped up~

Full Shot of SP - no AR
Summary

Ah, the RNG clones strike again! It's from my same Emerald file; regardless, I love shiny Groudon, especially in 3D. I'll try Kyogre next, or maybe Cyndaquil if the RNG behaves.

Indeed you haven't. Congratulations on the Groudon. =D

*Needs to get Charmander to destroy this Shiny drought I'm experiencing*

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
congrats. glad you are back :P, how many SR's did it take?
Thanks, and yeah, I should post more often. ^^;

I never count my SRs, but since yesterday, I have probably SR'd less than 200 times. If you want to count my previous attempts, um.. No clue. xD
Congratulations on the Swinub. ^_^

Indeed you haven't. Congratulations on the Groudon. =D

*Needs to get Charmander to destroy this Shiny drought I'm experiencing*
Thank you. ^^ And good luck on the Charmander! Gold shinies pwn. xD

I was long overdue for a shiny, as my last capture was in September. :c

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
It's too bad you didn't record the immediate chain break in your video, as that would provide irrefutable proof that shiny patches can break chains on edges.

I lost an Absol chain on a shiny patch, the result of which denied me a female Jolly one with Super Luck. Prior to that, I didn't know the causes of edgebreaks and assumed that because every shiny patch is forced to contain your Pokémon that they can never break chains.

It's entirely that "remained quiet" message to blame.

Yeah... I wish I could have. I'm getting to where I usually record the grass as well, but I thought it was too risky in the rain. I'd rather have a shiny than to show off. I wish it'd didn't break cuz I went through Heck to get that 2nd shiny Grimer :P

There'll be more chances in the future. I'm not retiring just yet.

Lol. I put that there. :P Early on, we were considering calling ourselves the Midnight Shiny Hunters, because folks like rsgh5 (ryan) and SkinnyGreenMan found themselves shiny hunting mostly during the middle of the night. (I'm guilty of that, too.) I put it there as an homage to the good old days. *reminisces on SRing a shiny Porygon at the game corner*

Awesome...

I guess I'm a 24/7 hunter, or the Millenia Hunter....

I have hatched 2,040 Magikarps...

It's wearing on me.....

I have about 5 days left now to get my shiny Magikarp... I hope it comes soon, but I know all too well it might not and probably won't.

I have no time to lose. I have to remain dedicated.

edit:
2,100 hatched biyatchaz

o.o

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
TwilightBlade said:

Full Shot of SP - no AR
Summary

Good to see you back and congratulations on Groudon; How's school going? hope you're ok.
Hope you get your next targets before the month ends.

Peeplup said:
popping in a sec before i do homework to announce the suprising arrival of Slushie the Shiny Swinub :D

if anyone wants pics ill upload later :)

now, i gotta do homework now...
see you later maybez

Congratulations on swinub, was it a random encounter? and you know, pictures are more than welcome so don't hesitate to upload them, this is the month of shiny hunting madness you know. Good luck with Charmander.

DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
I have hatched 2,040 Magikarps...

It's wearing on me.....

I have about 5 days left now to get my shiny Magikarp... I hope it comes soon, but I know all too well it might not and probably won't.

I have no time to lose. I have to remain dedicated.

edit:
2,100 hatched biyatchaz

o.o

Keep going, it smells like a gold fish, you know what I mean. Never give up.

Is good to see that there are some shinies in this month, If I get a shiny this month I'll announce It on March 30, maybe 31.

Good luck everyone and hope all of you get your shinies soon.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Platinum looms ever closer and I still haven't gotten a shiny this month. I am still SRing for my secret shiny target in Pearl, as well as roaming in FireRed for a new shiny, but nothing has popped up.

I really doubt I'll get a new shiny before Platinum arrives in stores on Sunday. I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be getting a new shiny(as it seems my games are now shinyless), but I will keep on hunting for any shinies until the day arrives.

Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
wait im missing something, why does everyone want a shiny before platinum comes out :o

I want one mainly because I know when Platinum comes out, I won't be after my shiny targets as much, as Platinum will be taking over my life :P.

Going to do a few resets for shiny Mudkip in Ruby for a bit. Hopefully no uncatchable shiny Poochyena pops up.

Years
But if shiny Poochyena appears, then you have a greater chance to get your shiny starter if you keep on Soft Resetting without saving =D
Nothing new for me, and I doubt anything will shine this month. I hate shiny droughts. Congrats on all new shinies and good luck to all.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Update: I'm in the middle of chaining nidoran :D. I'm at 25, ill edit when it breaks or when i get to 40.

edit: i got the 40

45 mins later... WHY ARENT YOU COMING YET SHINY
50mins later... GOD I HATE BIDOOFS >> :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
*Runs around flailing her arms excitedly* My secret shiny finally appeared to me tonight while I was changing my sig on another forum :D. Finally after all the months of SRing for it, in finally shines. It took a while to catch it, even though it was asleep, but I finally snagged it in a Luxury Ball 8D.

I'll let you guys know what the secret shiny is pretty soon, need to upload the video to youtube first. Congrats to new shinies guys.

Years
I would congratulate you with more enthusiasm, but the video isn't up yet. xD
But congrats!
I wish my drought would finally end :3
I'm around 10,200 Encounters now. Blah D:<

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Spoiler:

My next target to get to shine will be the random One Island shiny I am hunting for. Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey all, I haven't been here in months! Mostly due to not being hunting as much because of one game: Street Fighter IV!! Well I've just recently gotten back into major hunting. I'm currently Sring for Charmander, and hunting Dunsparce and Numel. For tonight though I have a combee in a honey tree so I'm SRing for that :P Going to be back reading alot of pages whilst I SR. Congrats to everyone who's gottena shiny this month and good luck on more!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hey all, I haven't been here in months! Mostly due to not being hunting as much because of one game: Street Fighter IV!!

There is no way you could ever knock ME out!

You'll be seeing red by the time I'm through with you...

Come on, I'm ready for ya..... x1,000,000,000

XD

Keep going, it smells like a gold fish, you know what I mean. Never give up.

Is good to see that there are some shinies in this month, If I get a shiny this month I'll announce It on March 30, maybe 31.

Good luck everyone and hope all of you get your shinies soon.

Thanks brother.... But time is running out for me. Unbelievably, I've stepped up my game to unthinkable proportions during these last days.

wait im missing something, why does everyone want a shiny before platinum comes out :o

My reason is because it is vital for my new team. Most of my Pokemon at the moment get thrashed with the new changes, and the rest have bad synergy/just aren't that great, I'll admit.

I need the one I am going after at this very moment so I can get the rest. I could go ahead and get those, but they are nothing without a good leader.

My next target to get to shine will be the random One Island shiny I am hunting for. Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Congratulations to you and whoever else has obtained shinies so far.

I am sorry if I have seem cold, but being wrapped up in myself is exactly the reason. I have locked everyone and everything out so I can get optimal numbers out of hatching.

I am nearing 2,400 hatched. Yes, that's quite a bit more than last update; I've done it literally all day long, and plan to all day tomorrow as well.

Tonight I'll get to 2,400, and if I have the time I will push onward 30 more.

But it's not about hatching the most ever, it's about hatching that shiny Magikarp.

And I wish I would get it very soon...

Good luck everyone

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Spoiler:

Congratulations on getting Spiritomb. :3

Hey all, I haven't been here in months! Mostly due to not being hunting as much because of one game: Street Fighter IV!! Well I've just recently gotten back into major hunting. I'm currently Sring for Charmander, and hunting Dunsparce and Numel. For tonight though I have a combee in a honey tree so I'm SRing for that :P Going to be back reading alot of pages whilst I SR. Congrats to everyone who's gottena shiny this month and good luck on more!

Welcome back, Dark Steelix. =D

Spoiler:

Tonight I'll get to 2,400, and if I have the time I will push onward 30 more.

But it's not about hatching the most ever, it's about hatching that shiny Magikarp.

And I wish I would get it very soon...

Good luck everyone

Exactly, though for me it's that Charmander... -__-

By the way, I'm at 946 hatched in Diamond 2. ^_^

Back