• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

FrostbitePC

Frostbite
Years
Umm, guys, could you help me? after downloaded this, i played pokemon sienna in no$gba .. I enjoyed it, and it went fine, until i went to colt path, and pressed the button, went inside the tree, and it says ''fatal- rom image has crashed!''

any idea to fix this?
sorry for my bad english :(

Last edited:

geoisevil

Evil Trainer
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jan 19, 2018
The hack is really great so far, definitely the best I've played yet. One thing is I noticed that Moocano's sprite seemed a bit off in comparison to the other starters sprites, so I made this edit:

I think it looks a bit better now, you may use it if you want to.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2013
Just got past the town with the well/cave. Great ROM so far with some minor bugs and it's obvious a lot of areas aren't finished but every time I try to use fly now the screen goes black and it seems like the game freezes. Any help?

Years
Just got past the town with the well/cave. Great ROM so far with some minor bugs and it's obvious a lot of areas aren't finished but every time I try to use fly now the screen goes black and it seems like the game freezes. Any help?

Biggest bug in Sienna sadly... no solution so far. It's said that in the beta 4 it will be fixed though. When I played it (in visual boy advance or gameboid) what i used to do was to quicksave before using Fly so that if the game freezed i loaded and try again a couple of times. If Fly still didn't work, I just loaded again and walked the whole way back.

Not guaranteed that Fly would work, but it was a safe way to never lose my game.

EmilieAutumn

Gothic, Music, Romantic & more
Years
i can't play, when i patched the rom of pokemon firered, it doesn't work... why can i do? the white screen appears, and i change it to 164 flash, but still not working...please help me, i want to play the 3.1 beta :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
Please tell me your almost finished the hack? I still cant put it down, all ive been doing is grinding my pokemon to level 50 in the orign cave aha...please finish and give me more purpose <33333

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
Anyone got any ideas about my problem?

I'll repeat, when I try to open the ips file it says: "Couldn't open file for reading"(+the location of the file).
When I try to patch it using the aps patch file, it says "the selected aps file is not a valid patch".

This is getting ridiculous. I really want to try out this hack...

I'll repeat, when I try to open the ips file it says: "Couldn't open file for reading"(+the location of the file).
When I try to patch it using the aps patch file, it says "the selected aps file is not a valid patch".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Oh man this is great! I just downloaded this and from what I have played so far I'm blown away! I just have two questions: 1, how many user-made pokemon are there? I'm just curious(: and 2: I can play the game just fine on my computer, but The game will not save on my phone. I run GpsPhone on an iPhone 3GS. The game runs perfectly, it just says save error anytime I try to save. It also says the 1m subcircuit board is missing. This is confusing because my phone runs FireRed perfectly fine with no problems. I could use save states to play the game, but I heard I can't play past the Elite Four if I do that. Any help?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Oh man this is great! I just downloaded this and from what I have played so far I'm blown away! I just have two questions: 1, how many user-made pokemon are there? I'm just curious(: and 2: I can play the game just fine on my computer, but The game will not save on my phone. I run GpsPhone on an iPhone 3GS. The game runs perfectly, it just says save error anytime I try to save. It also says the 1m subcircuit board is missing. This is confusing because my phone runs FireRed perfectly fine with no problems. I could use save states to play the game, but I heard I can't play past the Elite Four if I do that. Any help?

Same here.
It's not actually a problem, thanks to the save function of the emulator itself, but it does bother in a way.

Any solutions?
I heard that changing the Rom-Code with a Hex-Editor could help, but I haven't tried myself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Same here.
It's not actually a problem, thanks to the save function of the emulator itself, but it does bother in a way.

Any solutions?
I heard that changing the Rom-Code with a Hex-Editor could help, but I haven't tried myself.

It is technically a problem since you cannot play the game past the elite four when you use save states, can you?

demondismon

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
i loved this game for the week i was able to play it i beat the fourth gym saved and now i can't get out of the gym..... i tried walktrough walls cheats and still cant leave wtf...help or something im pissed heres proof
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016

I had the same problem, but was able to fix it.

I was recently playing PC games from Japan, and I had to change my system locale to Japanese so the games would work. Both the .ips and .aps files did not like that for some reason. When I changed my system locale to English(United States), they both worked fine. Perhaps this is your problem?

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
I had the same problem, but was able to fix it.

I was recently playing PC games from Japan, and I had to change my system locale to Japanese so the games would work. Both the .ips and .aps files did not like that for some reason. When I changed my system locale to English(United States), they both worked fine. Perhaps this is your problem?
It seemed to have worked! THANK YOU!!!

This is for the creator:

What's with those mini-sprites on the Pokemon team menu, Are you going to create new ones? It's kind of a turn off.
And this flying bug... This damn flying bug!!!

Everything else seems to be amazing.
Great job :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
Now I'm running into a problem here. I patched the game just fine. When I play it, it passes the first screen fine but then gets stuck on this blank red screen. it did the same thing when I tried to play Pokemon Ash Grey. Anyone know how to fix this? I used an English ROM of FireRed too.

I've tried both ways with an IPS patch and an APS patch and I'm having problems both ways. With the APS one, it keeps telling me that the rom I'm trying to patch is invalid. How is an English ROM invalid? >.<

Last edited:
Years
I don't mean to sound lazy, but I am VERY illiterate about this rom-hacking stuff. It took me an HOUR to find out how to download that lunar IPS thing and tie it to fire-red just to start the game. But now it will not let me save, and google is giving me very long, complicated things about hexa-whatzits.. I really just want a simple explanation please. I go to save and it says "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory". What do I do to fix this, I don't want to get involved in the game if I know I cannot save..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I don't mean to sound lazy, but I am VERY illiterate about this rom-hacking stuff. It took me an HOUR to find out how to download that lunar IPS thing and tie it to fire-red just to start the game. But now it will not let me save, and google is giving me very long, complicated things about hexa-whatzits.. I really just want a simple explanation please. I go to save and it says "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory". What do I do to fix this, I don't want to get involved in the game if I know I cannot save..
Set the Save Type of VBA to 128K and restart.

Back