• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

accent

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i have a prominent accent, but what does it actually sound like???? a mix of british/australian/new zealand even though out of those places i've only lived in new zealand
i lived in paris until i was 8 and i don't even have anything similar to an french accent oops
here's a relatively recent example of my accent from april when i was dared to read spongebob fanfiction by a friend
PG-13 content!!!!
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0vS4zec93Et

as for my favourite accents??? all variations of the southern drawl hands down
love 'em

Years
I guess I have an American accent? I speak pretty clear English without any region-specific accent.

I love British accents. Also, Scottish accents are cool.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
According to one of my real life friends, I've got a Michigan accent, whatever that is. Which is strange, considering I live nowhere near Michigan.
But I love German and Russian accents, they're beautiful. The language is great, too.

Years
I'm Australian, and Nowra-bogan.. (It's a hole town in Australia for all you over sea critters out there).

Nah my accent isn't too bad, I don't think.. Well, I can hear me sound Australian, but my voice is pretty deep, and it's not all 'G'day mate hows it garn? Awr dats swell aye!'. But I don't pronounce 'Th' correctly.. I say it like 'fe', which I don't see the problem, but to others they're like 'Talk properly!' ;-;

My favourite accent would have to be Italian, it's so sexy. Oh, you speak italian? Stroof me dingo.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
According to one of my real life friends, I've got a Michigan accent, whatever that is. Which is strange, considering I live nowhere near Michigan.
But I love German and Russian accents, they're beautiful. The language is great, too.
Michiganians don't have specific accents... xD

Y'all might think I got me an accent, but I ain't got none-a them fancy ways-a talkin'.

Like most American chicks, I think British and Australian accents are hot, like omg. Irish and Scottish accents can be cool, too, but they remind me of Craig Ferguson and it makes me laugh :U

Years
I'm seriously considering moving overseas just because of all the people in here saying they like Australian accents...

Years
My accent is pretty much the Queen's English (sadly) mixed with bogan sounding Australian. I could be talking and words will sound posh and then in the same sentence other words will come out real Australian sounding.

What is worse is that I recently watched a ton of True Blood back-to-back and now I'm saying common things with a Southern US accent! I have a habit of picking up other people's accents if I listen to them a lot in a short period of time.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
I have a slight British accent (Manchester accent, Mancunian, whatever you want to call it) probably because I was born and raised in Manchester until I was 7. Since I moved to the US, I've sort of picked up an "American" accent. It's kind of weird, actually. People I say certain words in a typical American accent and then revert back to a British one. I don't really know to be honest.

Australian and French accents have always intrigued me. Not sure why, but yeah. They're pretty cool to listen to.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Guess.

If you have a South African accent I'd probably take a bullet for you.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I have a posh English accent, as I was brought up to speak like a Lord. I'm not even from a particularly rich family, yet my family speak like the Royal Family.

Oh the contrasts...I'm fairly middle class and I go to a posh private school yet I talk kind of like a chav sometimes. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm a Mexican, but I have an American accent because I was born and raised in the US. There's nothing special about this accent, unfortunately. My favorite accents are Australian, Scottish, and Irish. They sound so cute! I also like the Italian accent, but not as much as those three.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I have a Puerto Rican accent when I speak Spanish since I was born in Puerto Rico. I have an American accent for English, nothing special. My favourite accent is the New York accent, I wish I could speak like a New Yorker.

Years
Just your typical boring American accent, though couple words like "potatoes" sound a little bit different. My "Engrish" I had when I first came to United States is long gone now.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Well... I kinda have this sort of (fake) british accent when Im talking english. Although it changes from time to time. And I try as hard as possible to avoid finglish... Its dreadful sounding imo.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I have a midwestern american accent :p Michigander here.

Fun fact: My dad is english and nobody ever lets me forget :p they ask if he drinks tea and stupid stuff like that...

Back