• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
i was refering to you and some other people but if everyone else believes you i guess i do O.o

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 23, 2006
ok...Since im new at this,anyone have any tips?Oh,that reminds me,i guess i do have 1 shiny,i got a shiny zigzagoon from a machine at a video game store.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Tips? Well, there are two factors in shiny hunting: Luck, and Time.

If you are looking for a pokemon in the wild that's rare (like Kangaskhan), try breeding for a shiny insted of finding one in the wild. That's about all I can think of, good luck.

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
Shinies are very rare Pokemon that can be caught in G/S/C and R/S. You can find them anywhere, and they can be any Pokemon (in my Silver I found a shiny Rattata, and in Sapphire it was a shiny Girafarig with a blue nose...). About one in a million encounters produces a shiny Pokemon, so expect to see only one or two in your whole game time. They are a different color than a normal Pokemon and also 'shine' when they come out of their Pokeballs. If you look at a shiny's stats, it will have three little stars next to the gender--this means that they are shiny.
All true, but note that the chance to catch a shiny in Ru/Sa is 1/8195, I don't know the percentage in GSC.

Contrary to the popular idea that shinies are super-powerful, they... arent. They can't ever get to max stats, and although their stats are usually above those of a normal Pokemon, they have terrible HP. A strange aspect about shinies is that you can't escape when you are battling one. It's probably a hint that you are supposed to catch it, since you'll probably never see one again.
This is only true for GSC. In Ru/Sa, shinyness doesn't effect stats.

Also, shinies can't pass on their color through breeding, I've found. Never fear, though, they still keep it when they evolve.
True and half-true. Shinies have a 5% chance of passing on shinyness in GSC, but not in Ru/Sa/Fr/Lg/Em. But they do keep their shinyness when they evolve.

There are a few ways to catch a shiny Pokemon without Gameshark (the codes are 010719D1 for G/S and 910730D2 for Crystal). Here are a few ways that have been found:

To get a shiny blue Ditto you first need a red Gyarados. You should probably clone it. You need to send the clone to red or blue. Teach it mimic when it's there. Then you need to find and battle a Ditto. In battle you use mimic. Ditto will use transform. Now simply catch it and trade it to silver or gold. It will be blue. This does work unlike many other codes I've tried.
True, this does work.

The next is a cheat that you can do by yourself, but only with a Japanese cartridge (hehe, lucky me...)
If you want the full benefit of this code, use a Pok?mon that can evolve. Otherwise, there will be some confusion with names and so forth. First, place a flying Pok?mon that has been taught to FLY, as the first Pok?mon in your lineup, the "Golden Gyarados" as the sixth position, and the Pok?mon whose color is to be changed in the second position. After doing this, put all of the Pok?mon back into the PC except the first one. Next, take out the Pok?mon that was in the second position before, the one that will be changed. Enter the bug-catching contest that is near Goldenrod city. This is held on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. As soon as you enter it, exit right away. When the clerk asks you if you want to quit, make sure you say NO. Now use your Flying Pok?mon to FLY out of the contest. Store the Pok?mon that will be changed in a PC, then go back to the contest and say YES to complete the contest. Return to a PC, withdraw the Pok?mon, and check its status screen. The Pok?mon will be a different color, but it will have Gyarados's name. Grow the Pok?mon until it evolves. You may want to use Rare Candies if you have any. Now when you go into battle with the evolved form of the original Pok?mon, it will have a shining status.
I have never tried this one, it looks kind of fishy, but is still possible.

Last edited:

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
It said you needed a Japanese cartridge. If you were useing one, and it didn't work, I'm not supprized. Cheats that requires you to do random things are usualy false.

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
youngotaku said:
Wait,are there shinies in fg/lg?
Yeah, they are.

If they wern't, then what would happen if you traded one over, lol?

You can get shinies in every single pokemon game except RBY. Actualy, you can get a shiny in RBY, it just doesn't show up shiny. You have to trade it to GSC, then if it's a shiny it'l show up. That's how the ditto thing works, mimicing transform somehow forces Ditto to copy Gyrados' DVs, cretaing a shiny ditto. You can then trade the ditto over to GSC, and breed it to get a better chance for any shiny.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
i remember seeing ditto when trying to get to mew2 *on the way to * it fainted although im not sure why cuz i used that move once on to other dittos and caught em 1 hit cuz my charizards super powerful with flamthower
isnt it kinda weird how charizard is super effective against magneton and magneton is super effective against charizard if only charizard were a dragon type but that wouldnt make a difference

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 23, 2006
im going to breed my shiney zigzagoon with something to try to get a shiny

Back