• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

multi-gender friends.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I'm sort of agender myself, soooo whether I'm hangin' with guys or girls it's all the same to me. My best friend is a guy, though, which might lead people to think that we're dating because "girls and guys can't be friends", but I tend to not believe that.

My friends, some of us are male, and some of us are female and we all get along just fine without dating and etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Almost all of my friends offline are female. All of my friends are female if you use my definition of a friend.
Almost all of my friends online are male.

I have more to say about this, but I need to go and I wanted to reply otherwise it would bother me.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Almost all of my friends offline are female.
Almost all of my friends online are male.

This is also true for me.

My three irl bestfriends are girls, and we're not/have never been in a relationship, but it's not like we would have anyways because I'm gay lol. I had a lot of guy friends up until about 9th grade, and then I met these three girls and yeah.. I started having more friends that are girls than guys. It's funny because most of my friends online are guys, so it's a bit contradictory.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I have male and female friends offline, online, in my head and wherever. Gender isn't a factor when I make new friends, what matters is how they think and act. Often, boys are a bit more chill and less condemning, which is awfully nice. But that's not really a rule, just an observation based on people I know.

Also, can someone, like, change the thread title?

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
Years
Sex doesn't matter whatsoever to me when it comes to if you're my friend or not. You could be male, female, gay, straight, whatever. I judge based of character. That being said, my closest friends are both male and female, and I love them to bits.

Basically this ^

I have many friends online and offline, that are both female and male. It doesn't bother me at all. Gender doesn't define friendships and I love every single one of my friends.

Years
As much as I think that genders don't matter, I can say that I have many female friends who are online. They seem to be super nice, that they can accept anyone's request. But in my case, I befriend them because of their interests.

I have a few guy and girl friends IRL. Unfortunately, they come and go really quickly than online friends.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Most of my friends irl are guys while online it is mostly women. I do not mind having different kinds of friends just so long as they are not complete asses now.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
it is fine to have other friends that are other genders. i mean why wouldnt it?

Years
Offline I have a lot more male friends than female. Online it's much more balanced. I'm probably just socially awkward around girls IRL or something haha, but anyway there's nothing wrong with having friends of a different sex than you. Why would there be a problem? >_<

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
it is fine to have other friends that are other genders. i mean why wouldnt it?
Maybe because there could always be some underlying sexual attraction that makes things awkward or something. I don't really feel that towards guys I've placed in the friend zone though. BAHAHA.

Years
Well, Red's dropped the friendzone bomb haha...

Okay, on topic. Quite frankly we are, in general, psychologically predisposed to go through weird phases in our lives where we get along better with our own or with mixed genders (I'll add a citation later if I can be bothered going through my Child Development text book). Basically when we are really young, we don't care, then in our primary/elementary school years we tend to gravitate more to our own gender and then once we hit adolescence we tend to have more diverse groups again as far as gender is concerned.

Do I believe that this is a steadfast rule? Not really, I view it more as a developmental trend personally.

Honestly though, I have almost always gotten along better with girls/women than with males. Whether it is children I have worked with, elderly people I've had a chat with or within my social circle I have always gelled better with the female species females. I don't think there is any real reason for this, I think it is just how life as turned out. I tend to care about the personality of the person a lot more than their gender - or anything else really.

As for the whole "sexual undertones" thing - that can be present even in social groups where most people are of the same gender because homosexuality exists.

In short, I really don't think it matters in the slightest and I wrote this response way too much like I would in debates instead of a chit-chat one.

Years
My closest IRL friend is a girl. The closest person to being a friend who also isn't a friend is also a girl. But when your sample size is this small I don't think you can say much ^^

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years
i really don't see the issue with being friends with people of both sexes. although in my high school days, since i went to an all-girls school, i had mostly female friends, which was quite understandable.
personally, i would be friends with you if we share the same interests and ideologies, or if we can both have random discussions and intellectual discourses. the sex matters not.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i have some male friends and they're okay...it just people don't control their feelings..they can be friends but to some limit if it's passed i say they can't.

besides..i like my girl friends..at least we can talk about our silly girly stuff without ze silly guys nagging ;p teehee

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Gender is irrelevant to me when I make friends. If you're nice to me, I'll probably like you. One of my best friends in real life is a guy and I love him to bits, but it's purely platonic :)

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Hermaphrodite fiends? How scary!
Taking the title of the thread as you meant it and not as it would literally mean, I don't care what gender my friends are. Friendship is something where trivial things like that really don't matter.

Years
I get a long with females just as well as males, I don't care which one they are. And like Sweets Witch said, I've got gay friends, different religion (I'm Christian and my bestfriend thinks God is the dumbest thing he's heard of, we both respect each others beliefs never the less), a bit socially awkward or even have some sort of disability or a bit strange. It's nice and interesting all the people you can meet and get a long with.

But I will admit, I did become best friends with a girl, who I then loved for a long time, and still do.. She liked me back, and we eventually dated. And it was great, a girlfriend who was my best friend, and it was awesome... But then she ended it, and now shutting me out of her life and now is 'best friends' with another guy (You can already see what's gonna happen), and it hurts like hell, losing not only someone I loved romantically, but with such great friend ship and trust, and like family..

But I guess it's life, and you will lose friendships, and form knew ones. I just wish I didn't have to lose that one..

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
To be honest, I think I've got an equal amount of girl and guy friends both online and offline. On both those platforms, I've got a group of like 5 guys offline and 3 online who I'd say are my closest mates overall, but I've got a whole plethora of other friends also. Problem being the girl I was closest friends with got a boyfriend and he's made it very clear he doesn't want me talking to her...xD

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
Generally I tend to only hang around with girls and I'd say the vast majority of my friends are female, but that doesn't mean I don't have guy friends.
I have no problem having friends of a different gender that I'm not the lover of, I don't see why that would be an issue with anyone? I'm just friends with who I'm friends with~

Back