• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The Cerulean Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
Years
Where is the other region? Does it connect with the small piece of land on the left of your region map?

To some extent, yes. You can say that it's connected because you take a ship from that small island. Also, here's a little clue:
Arlia is south of Sinnoh, and the other region is to the west of Arlia. That means it's southwest of Sinnoh. Perhaps that'll give you some kind of clue?

This looks really good Archayos! Keep it up! I'll be keeping a very close eye on this thread...Can't wait for a demo!
so you said you were expecting to release a demo next week, you still up to that? .. cos this game looks really awsum hey.

-Neji-
Heh. Thanks. School work is really weighing me down, so it should take a while. Hopefully within this month, if not more. I want to get at least 4 cities done and a bit of the legendary information before I can release the demo. Until then, you'll have to be happy with screenshots. But hey, I can tell you that the demo will be awesome.

Also, I need a bit of help with naming a lake! D: Your name will be put in the credits if you can suggest a good name!~

Lastly, I have some positions open for anybody who wants to help with the game. The legend is as follows:
Red - Needed Badly | Orange - Needed | Green - Would be appreciated

A Spriter - I desperately need one of these, seeing as how I want a lot of custom graphics but have nobody to make them for me.
An Adviser - The role of an adviser is a difficult one. It ranges from good sincere criticism on my maps, storyline, and the direction in which the game is going in general. If you're the adviser, and I send you a map, I'll need you to give me all the points which I can improve in it. This obviously means that you need to be a good mapper and a good conceptualizer.
A Scripter - I really don't mind having an extra scripter, seeing as how I'm not the best around. I can do stuff myself, but it would obviously be better if a more experienced person was to help me with it. By scripting, I'm referring to RGSS (Ruby Game Scripting System)

And obviously, your names will be put in the credits. Or if I get sufficient people, I'll make a "Team Section".

---x---

No proof of work is required, however a certain standard of grammar is. I don't mind if your grammar isn't perfect, but coming along and saying
"LOL ID LIEK TO HELP WIT UR GAeM ILL BE A SPRITER" makes me lose my confidence. Thanks for your time.

--x--

Next update at 100 posts! And it's going to be awesome with a video too. :3; Oh, and don't forget about the lake name! I really need one, and you'll get DA CREDTIZ for it. xP

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
lolz. : D

So the thread is finally back in action, after you've left it sitting alone in a cold dark sanctum for so long D: Good luck with everything, and I'll send you my idea for a lake name on MSN : p

Archayos

Years
I could be your spriter. Give me something to sprite and I'll PM you with it. I try to be top-notch with my sprites.

Riceeman's willing to sprite for us, but two heads are always better than one. About the proof, do you think you can do Pokemon fusions? If so, can you make a Beedril and Beautifly combination (in RSEFRLG style)? PM it to me, if possible. : D

For that other dimesion thing the pokemon i'm thinking of is darkrai am I right

I wouldn't admit it, even if you were. But in all honesty, it doesn't have anything to do with the legendary. Okay, it does to some extent, but not the way you guys are looking at it. There's no Pokemon that's created the alternate world, it's created as an after event of something. Perhaps that'll help you out.

lolz. : D

So the thread is finally back in action, after you've left it sitting alone in a cold dark sanctum for so long D: Good luck with everything, and I'll send you my idea for a lake name on MSN : p

I didn't leave it in a dark sanctum; the posters did! D: Yeah, what a way to get the blame off myself :P

You totally forgot about the lake name, btw. We were too busy with naming your region.. which you're leaving as Outa. >.>

---x---

So the positions filled are as follows:

Spriters - Riceeman, Jynx Middata
Advisers - Krimm, [open position]
Scripter - [open position]

And I still need that lake name, people! Get your creative minds working!

---x---

Archayos

Years
No, there won't be any Sinnoh. It's way too far from Arlia. What I meant to say is, that the "new" region is west of Arlia. And since Arlia is south of sinnoh, it means that the new region is south-west of Sinnoh. Now, which region is southwest of Sinnoh?

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
No, there won't be any Sinnoh. It's way too far from Arlia. What I meant to say is, that the "new" region is west of Arlia. And since Arlia is south of sinnoh, it means that the new region is south-west of Sinnoh. Now, which region is southwest of Sinnoh?
If I answer right do i get a prize? LoL kiddin but if there is please tell me. Nah kiddin. Seriously though as a noob Ill guess kanto!

Waudby

:| he told you the new region was southwest of Sinnoh. I'm guessing it was a rhetorical question.

Everyone, the new region lies southwest of Sinnoh.

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
Kanto is southwest of sinnoh! I just looked it up on wikipedia:
Sinnoh, like Pokémon regions in previous games, features a broad range of environments for the player to explore. The region is mountainous and temperate, and features, for the first time in a Pokémon RPG, snowy routes. While this region's location with relation to other regions portrayed in the franchise is unknown, Ash Ketchum refers to Sinnoh as an island during the English dub of the last episode of season 9 of the anime, while Professor Oak mentions that it's located to the north of the Kanto/Johto landmass. The in-game map shows that the region consists of about 70% land and 30% water.
If its north somewhere then it could be johto or kanto hes putting in.

Archayos

Years
Kanto is southwest of sinnoh! I just looked it up on wikipedia:

If its north somewhere then it could be johto or kanto hes putting in.

I HATE YOU. D:
You guessed it out correctly! Referring to Wikipedia is just... unfair! You can't do that! D: There is a little prize, though.
Say, is there any non-legendary Pokemon you want at its basic stage in the game? Like, you can't opt for a Scizor, but you can ask for a Scyther. It has to be basic and non-legendary (or something which is understandable). Yeah, I'll be holding contests like these with secret prizes. Don't think every little contest has a prize, though. : D

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
I HATE YOU. D:
You guessed it out correctly! Referring to Wikipedia is just... unfair! You can't do that! D: There is a little prize, though.
Say, is there any non-legendary Pokemon you want at its basic stage in the game? Like, you can't opt for a Scizor, but you can ask for a Scyther. It has to be basic and non-legendary (or something which is understandable). Yeah, I'll be holding contests like these with secret prizes. Don't think every little contest has a prize, though. : D
I looked it up on wiki after 10 minutes of guessing. I used wiki to prove him wrong! Anyweh if the basic forms in is the evo in? And that pokemon would be with no evo that I want and its..pachirisu! Yay I helped put a pachirisu in the game. Or mabye not if archayos doesnt want it. I feel like the happiest noob.

Archayos

Years
I looked it up on wiki after 10 minutes of guessing. I used wiki to prove him wrong! Anyweh if the basic forms in is the evo in? And that pokemon would be with no evo that I want and its..pachirisu! Yay I helped put a pachirisu in the game. Or mabye not if archayos doesnt want it. I feel like the happiest noob.

Correction, the Pachirisu will only be in your version of the game. Only one of that too. Remind me to give PM it to you when the beta is out, though; I have a crappy memory. xP Now I'm actually going to work on my game after so long. ._.

man i knew that to i should of answered
Yeah, you should have. That teaches you that you should always say what you know. I'm not going to eat you if you're wrong. lol

Also...

Announced Contest!
Alright, so this isn't going to be a surprise contest. Seeing as how nobody's giving me a lake name, I decided to turn it into a contest. For a little description; the lake is shadowy, mysterious and an occurrence of a weird ancient Pokemon has been noted there.
Prize:
The person with the best name will get to be one of the Elite 4, with their own chosen Pokemon (at reasonable levels with reasonable stats) AND the person will get their name in the credits.
Best Name:
The best name so far has been suggested by Krimm which is Lake Mistarius. So that's what you have to try beating.

Last edited:

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
OOO so i a noob getz teh ultimate squirrel?! Cool! Besides the obvious ooh look im a noob flame me start I feel so lucky. And again Im sorry if the question pisses you off but can it by a black striped pachi?

アレクス

ヒスイイロ XP ツクリテ
Years
lol this game looks really cool.
The battle screen looks like a windows vista kind of theme or something, being transparent and all.
I wish you luck and can't wait to play it. ^_^

Archayos

Years
OOO so i a noob getz teh ultimate squirrel?! Cool! Besides the obvious ooh look im a noob flame me start I feel so lucky. And again Im sorry if the question pisses you off but can it by a black striped pachi?

Black striped pachi? :x If that exists, then yes. If Riceeman has to make a new sprite for it, then no.

lol this game looks really cool.
The battle screen looks like a windows vista kind of theme or something, being transparent and all.
I wish you luck and can't wait to play it. ^_^

Hah. Thanks. The vista feel was what I was aiming for. Even if the HP Boxes and stuff are to be customized, so keep a layout. It'll look like complete vista then!~
You should see the trainer card. xP; I'll post a screenshot of that later.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Hey, everyone's least well known spriter here with a few Lake names:

Lake Necrophys
Lake Spherentine
Lake Fenrir
Lake Mystscape
Lake Mystrel
Lake Mynstrel

Hope you like them. I want to be an Elite Four member!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years

Announced Contest!
Alright, so this isn't going to be a surprise contest. Seeing as how nobody's giving me a lake name, I decided to turn it into a contest. For a little description; the lake is shadowy, mysterious and an occurrence of a weird ancient Pokemon has been noted there.
Prize:
The person with the best name will get to be one of the Elite 4, with their own chosen Pokemon (at reasonable levels with reasonable stats) AND the person will get their name in the credits.
Best Name:
The best name so far has been suggested by Krimm which is Lake Mistarius. So that's what you have to try beating.

Sounds like a spelling mistake of Mysterious if you ask me, heh. ;D

I'd like to suggest a name for the lake, and I wont give an onslaught of suggestions either, Lake Abstruse. :D It may lack sheer creativity right off the bat, but it sounds like a proper and intriguing name for a lake by my tastes. Perfectly understandable and simple at that. All in all, it's up to you to judge, Archayos. I assume you know what the word abstruse means. XD

Anyway, seems cheap if I came here just for the contest. Oh, I came here to comment all right. >8D

I love this layout, epitome of awesome. Well executed on the CSS. I really look forward to more and I'm intrigued by all the customizations you've developed and put in so far. The player to player battle style, seems unique and fresh. Overall, I'm simply amazed. Good luck with everything, Archayos. :D

EDIT: You know, I find it funny, once you add the incredible incentives and a contest/competition, they come like a blitzkrieg with name suggestions. Haha, priceless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back