• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Survival Challenge v2 (M)

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
Maybe this trainer doesn't want to fight, but 15? I need to take my precautions.

Lee signaled his team close to him. "Alright, sounds like we're dealing with some badass. Whether he actually did take down 15 or not, stay on your toes. Take your positions like we mentioned around the cave entrance. I'll do the talking."

Lee crept slowly towards the entrance, watching his every step and analyzing for any IED's. "Sergeant Major Lee Crowell. Formerly attached to the 351st Airborne Detachment out of Hoenn." He was coming up on the cave, his team hadn't set of any traps if there were any. Bringing some relief to himself. "I'm not looking to battle, I'm looking to talk." Lee signals his Alakazam over to him and whispers, "I need you to check for anything in our perimeter. Bugs, microphones, cameras, anything. And shut them down."

He reached the entrance to the cave. He knelt propped up against the side on his back, prepared to make a run. "Just looking for someone who shares the same opinions as me. Hear me out, there's no way this is some ordinary 'tournament'. No stadiums, battle fields, not even an audience. Everyone is sanctioned to fight wherever they are with the risk of losing everything. This isn't a contest, it's survival. You really think he's going to let someone join up his so called 'ranks' that easily? Nobody wins, I feel you can help in the search for this man. What do you say?"

After a few moments of silence, it alerted Lee. He raised his hand towards Magmortar, signaling to get ready. Magmortar raised both arms ready to spark a Lava Plume towards the entrance.

Just then...

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
"Sergeant Major Lee Crowell. Formerly attached to the 351st Airborne Detachment out of Hoenn. I'm not looking to battle, I'm looking to talk. Just looking for someone who shares the same opinions as me. Hear me out, there's no way this is some ordinary 'tournament'. No stadiums, battle fields, not even an audience. Everyone is sanctioned to fight wherever they are with the risk of losing everything. This isn't a contest, it's survival. You really think he's going to let someone join up his so called 'ranks' that easily? Nobody wins, I feel you can help in the search for this man. What do you say?"

Allan pondered over this for a second. He had heard a lot about Sergent Major Lee Crowell, one of the greatest war heroes of all time. After a minute he sent got up and with Aaron and Maximo by his side walked out of the cave to find a Magmortar pointing it's arms towards the entrance.

Next to the Magmortar was a tall brawny guy. Allan could easily make out that this was Sergeant Major Lee Crowell. "Whoa! Put that down Magmortar. Anyway Major I'm Allan Scneider, international boxer. Nice to meet ya!" said Allan shaking the Major's hand.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Zaki had her figured out better than she thought. The Thunder had indeed been aimed at him; Mara wasn't in the least bit concerned about taking a human life. With the training Beta had the attack was sure to be lethal. The Raichu charged up electricity, then charged at Zaki to get the best shot possible. Just as she was about to discharge the attack the Flygon flew to meet her and slammed its tail into her. The force threw her back and sent her into her ball. In the next instant Alpha roared and launched himself at the Flygon, fangs bared ferociously. The flame sac in his body heated up to an intense temperature and the scent of burning fur filled the air. As he got close he opened his mouth wide and belched a thick column of flame.

Propelled by the assault that had forced Beta back, Delta was discharged from his ball. The Misdreavus looked around quickly to get his bearings and quickly realized what was going on. He let out a gleeful cackle and threw himself into the fray. Like vapor he disappeared, then reappeared behind the Flygon and threw a Shadow Ball at him.

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
"Mr. Schneider, it's a pleasure to meet you. Magmortar, stand down! Allan I used to watch your fights all the time while on deployments, a huge fan!"

Lee have a sigh of relief knowing this trainer her met was a familiar face, and one not wanting to battle at that. He signaled his team out of their hiding spots and gathered them around.

"Now with all due respect, all introductions aside, I think we can work together. Like I said before, I don't think it's a coincidence everyone was brought to this island. We're all the best of the best and if we stand in the way he will fail. But some of these people are too hard-headed to realize." Lee stops as he as an alerted expression on his face. He turns around and scans the area briefly, then turns back to Allan.

"Maybe we should take this inside..." He turns around to Vina who seems to be shaking. He starts petting her on the head. "Don't worry girl, I won't let anything happen to you. Wobbuffet, stand at the entrance and alert us of any suspicious activity."

Years

Zaki Halithersis

Zaki had been surprised at the women's speedy reaction, she was indeed in a league above that of the other trainers he had observed around him. It appeared that there were two rather distinct groups on the island, those of a more average skill and those with exceptional talent - such as the crazy women who had just ordered a beat down on Ryuu... and to make things worse the rustling was getting louder, Zaki didn't like being surrounded so he made his get away quickly.

Ryuu corkscrewed, avoiding the Flamethrower that the now unencumbered Ninetales launched at him out of natural instinct, but was hit in the back by the strong Shadow Ball causing him to cry out in pain, the shot to his back had hit right on his spine at close range which meant it hurt more than usual.
You're too focused on Ryuu... you have forgotten Circe. he thought
"Circe!, Use Shadow Ball on her Misdreavus and Ryuu, get your bearings and use Earth Power on the Ninetales. Then let's get out of here." Circe launched a shadowy blob and her pre-evolution, similar to its own, and Ryuu pulsed with a yellow energy that caused the ground below the Ninetales to erupt below it. In the confusion Zaki and his team slipped into the forest in search of a vantage point to watch the now weakened trainer in another battle
The more intel I have on this particular trainer the better.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
"Mr. Schneider, it's a pleasure to meet you. Magmortar, stand down! Allan I used to watch your fights all the time while on deployments, a huge fan! Now with all due respect, all introductions aside, I think we can work together. Like I said before, I don't think it's a coincidence everyone was brought to this island. We're all the best of the best and if we stand in the way he will fail. But some of these people are too hard-headed to realize."

Allan smiled and said, "Well, what are you waiting for, come inside." Allan led the Major inside and both of them sat down. "Okay, now let's get serious. We need to get around the island and try to get some sensible people who can help us to find this Concello." said Allan. "Do you agree with me Major?"

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
Lee sat down and listened to Allan. He turns around to Vina and signals her close to him, then sends Magmortar to the front of the cave to look out.

"Sensible, yes. But I have a feeling everyone here is too power hungry to get the jist of this so called tournament. It's going to take more effort than we suspect. We also need to keep a look out for any secret doors. If this guy is on this island, he's either in the mountain somewhere or even below us. We won't catch him by surprise yet. But if we get the location of a door, maybe that would help convince others to help us. If not, we can at least get somewhere with some sort of communication to the outside. They have to get their supplies somehow right? We send out a message to prepare for what is going on. From there, they'll either send backup or if we fail, they'll be prepared."

Letting out a sigh after explaining what he had planned, he turned his head to Vina who them put her head on his lap, he started stroking her head.

"And to think girl, I'm supposed to he retired haha!" He let out a subtle laugh.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Retreat was never an option for Mara and if the situation had been better in her favor, she would have fought on until she won through sheer force of will. But in this instance where any Pokemon that fainted was taken, and another combatant was quickly approaching the fray, she knew that some sacrifices had to be made.

The Shadow Ball hit Delta square in the face. The small ghost was propelled back toward a thick tree. At the last second he evaporated and appeared on the other side to avoid the impact. Alpha, however, wasn't so lucky. He howled in pain as the earth shuddered and cracked under him, blasting him with energy. The Ninetales shook as the waves subsided and fell to the ground, breathing shallowly. He was only a moment from fainting, but Mara wasn't going to lose him. Before anything else could happen to him she reflexively grabbed his ball and called him back to it. No one was going to take him from her, not Alpha.

In his place she sent out Epsilon. The Kingdra screeched as he materialized, looking for the foe. The trainer had slipped away in the flying dust and noise of his well placed moves, but the other that had been sneaking poorly up on them crashed through the underbrush. The adolescent male was tall, and though he wasn't broad his body rippled with lean muscle. The most alarming feature, however, was the jacket he wore. It was similar to Mara's vest, but instead of the emblem from the street gang she'd pledged her life to, it sported the rival's sign. Mara's eyes narrowed as she realized who this was.

"Adam!" she snarled. He grinned maliciously as he recognized her.

"Mara!" he grinned. "Long time no see!"

Epsilon didn't recognize him, but Delta did. The Misdreavus chirped angrily and floated up to guard his mistress. Things were about to get ugly and he knew it; they always did with Adam around. Sure enough, he cracked his knuckles and stepped forward.

"I've been itching to put some holes in your team for years. You're not getting away from me this time."

Adam threw a ball and released his Umbreon onto the field. The Pokemon remembered Mara, and her hackles went up and she snarled fiercely at her old foe. Mara's first choice for this confrontation would be Alpha, but there was no way he'd make it through with the injuries he'd already sustained. Delta drifted onto the field instead.

Mara had first move. She stood back and watched, allowing Delta to do what he thought was best. The ghost disappeared and reappeared directly behind the Umbreon, dousing it with tiny flames. She whined as her skin heated up and her energy was slowly drained by the burns. She was also well trained, however, so her reaction was minimal.

With a fierce battle cry she lunged at Delta and sank her teeth into him. He squealed and wiggled out of the grip. Just from the blows that had been exchanged thus far it was clear that this was going to be a grueling fight.

Years

Zaki Halithersis

Zaki sat perched in a tree not too far away from the battle, he was at a distance and height where he himself wouldn't be seen but he could easily watch the battle before him and glean new information. Beside him Bello, his Roserade, was also watching the battle - although his main focus wasn't to observe the conflict but to keep an eye out for any approaching trainers. The reality of the situation was that Zaki was well prepared for any approach having had Bello place Toxic Spikes around his perch but he had a much better line of defence prepared too. The tree neighbouring his own was coated in a yellow mass, or rather several hard-shelled yellow bodies. Kakuna. If anybody aggressive approached them they'd upset the immobile bug-types and incite the wrath of the Beedril that were sure to be guarding their pre-evolved form.

It appeared to Zaki as though the woman from earlier knew her new opponent... but they were clearly not friends.
I wish I could make out what they were saying, all I know is that they appear to be from different street gangs and that they clearly don't like each other. Zaki continued to watch the battle but was aware of the slowly sinking sun and the need to move on, to find a new hide-out to spend the night in, before it got to dark to move around safely.

Vexilum

I play Pokemon to have fun
Years
"We can't just keep running, Vex!" exclaimed Ryu. The two were running through the thick brush of the central forests, as a Medicham and its trainer chased them down.

"Get the hell back here, coward!" yelled the trainer angrily.

"I don't want to lose anyone. I can't lose anyone." said Vex seriously.

"Then put me back and get out of here."

Vex got Ryu back into his Pokeball and reached into his belt for Eenzie's ball. He looked back and saw that the Medicham and its trainer were gaining on him. Vex sent out Eenzie and climbed onto his back frantically.

"Go! Go! Get out of here!" he screamed. Without hesitation, Eenzie bent his knees and thrust himself into the air. His wings flapped widely and furiously, and was upwards and out of the trees in a matter of seconds.

"Medicham, Hi jump kick!" the Medicham hurled itself towards Eenzie with incredible force. The pokemon's kick hit Eenzie square in the back, sending the huge dragon back into the trees.

"Flamethrower!" commanded Vex. As Eenzie plummeted to the ground, breaking through the branches, he sent out a long breath of fire that burned the Medicham and the brush around it. Eenzie quickly flew away again before the fire spread too far, and ascended high above the trees, away from danger. Vex steered Eenzie straight for the peak of a far off mountain, to safety.

Years

Zaki Halithersis

Zaki sprinted quickly through the forest, somewhat annoyed. He had been watching the vicious woman's battle with, what seemed to be someone she knew, when a Pidgeot had hurtled at them from the sky and would have broken the backs of both Zaki and Bello had he not returned the Roserade and caught a branch a ways down the tree. The flying-type, whose trainer was near-by had succeeded in capturing Zaki unaware but had also angered the beedrill nesting nearby, resulting in a mass attack from the bugs.

It was part of that swarm that Zaki had been running from, the majority having gone after the other trainer and whilst he had seemingly lost them he knew that they were ferociously territorial and he wanted to be as far away from their territory as he could get. He stopped stopped to catch his breath and take note of his surroundings as another pokemon flew over his head rapidly in the direction of the mountains.

I should have bought a bigger flying type since Ryuu can't really carry me, oh well. Zaki continued on, walking carefully now as he spotted an inhabited cave not far to him.

It wasn't long until he had passed the cave and found a place to spend the night, it was a fairly large cave - not too far from the one he had sneaked past, but the entrance was a thin crack so it appeared that there wouldn't be much space behind it. Hell, it was luck Zaki himself event found it.
This is even better than my first cave, perfect and not likely to be found.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Kingsley Barajas
Of Colours and Mayhem
Part 01

373MS.png
078MS.png
025MS.png
Ani464MS.png
Ani478MS.png
Ani260MS.png

Theme: Moonsetter

Noises in the horizon, a ship pops from beyond. Yet another addition to the Island's rooster of what could probably become survivors had joined. The name is Kingsley, one you shouldn't forget... Unless you don't appreciate your life at all.

"Pika!" Maxinne exploding with excitement.

"Yup, pi-freakin'-ka." Kingsley was still hesitant of him taking the right decision or not... He had yet to see, as the ship -and the challenge concealed within this island- had yet to begin.

***​

Take a deep breath. Inhale, exhale. This is no different than Hoenn.It is just an island... with some psycho stealing Pokemon and doing god knows what to those who lose all their Pokemon... Not exactly the kind of thing he would like to analyze right now. But he couldn't help it. He just needed to know what that guy was up to... An army? World domination? Both? The amount of worst case scenarios is... huge for this particular case.

Trying to focus on something else, he throws the first Pokeball he can find on his bag, falling right in front of him.

"MANCE!" Dyonesse cries as she pops among the classic glitter and sparkles that come from a Pokeball.

"You, like... wanna walk around or something?" He couldn't ensamble a more decent question, his mind was just not where it needed to... That guy said something about Pokemon in the island... Maybe just being with them is what he needs?

"MANCE!" Dyonesse yells in a generic sign of approval.

"Zigzagoon!" A tiny raccoon laughed as it ran around with Dyonisse, quite a rare sight of a chase... Is that racoon actually chasing a Salamance?! Furthermore, the entire evening? Seriously, it's almost late night, they should be looking for some place to sleep at right now.

"He's got quite the nerve." King said to himself as he watched from a slight distance. These fields were filled of Pokemon that even he knew were cute. Sunlight reflecting on Dyonesse's capsule as he held it with his left hand. Eyes locked in it as he wondered if this would be the last time he would see any of his Pokemon.

It had been quite the while since he arrived, and he still couldn't shake those words from his head. Losing his Pokemon... never to see them again. Kingsley shrugged at the mere thought of it. He wouldn't lose any of his pals. He wouldn't allow it. At all.

"Goon!" The raccoon held an Oran Berry towards Dyonesse, who blushed and shook all around while laughing.

"God. Damnit. That's adorable." He said as he called Salamance from the distance, "Time to go, lovey-dovey!"

Salamance cried in joy as it flew towards Kingsley, who luckily managed to seal the dragon Pokemon back inside its capsule before being slammed by it.

"In case you're wondering, we'll probably hang around here tomorrow... just sayin'"

"GOON!" The raccoon cheerfully replied as he gazed King walking away, only to lay in the fields as if it was nobody's business. Kingsley knew he wouldn't find a hotel in the middle of the fields, so his only choice was to lay mid-fields... and hope nothing ate him while asleep...

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Allan Schneider - Cave

"I understand, Major." said Allan. "Even I've faced a ton of trainers here who've gone absolutely mad. It makes sense that we should not trust any trainers here. But there is a great chance that there would be at least one sensible trainer here." Allan added.

Allan peeped through the crack on the wall and said, "It's getting dark and so you better get some sleep. I'll keep first watch." While he was looking through the crack he saw a trainer heading towards the cave.

"Wake up, Major, we've got trouble. There's a trainer heading our way. I'll warn him." said Allan sending out Maximo and Aaron.

"Whoever you are I'm warning you. No battling. If you're friendly and looking for shelter then we'll gladly welcome you but if you try and battle us you'll be removed from this challenge as we are two seasoned trainers here."

14Henderson7

Poke'Maniac
Years
"Vina stand back. Alakazam use Barrier. Magmortar and Crawdaunt, stand fast and be ready." Lee was startled but quickly gained his feet back. Creeping towards the entrance with Allan along with Crawdaunt and Magmortar near behind, he starts to wonder.

I've seen a bunch of wild Pokemon around here, and if Dack was onto my trail he for sure had to have caught a few. And knowing him, he's brought a slew of enhancements to get them into top form in a small amount of time.

"Allan, do you see anything?"

Years

Zaki Halithersis

Zaki awoke with a jolt, having had a nightmare that his entire team had been horribly injured and taken from him. A cold sweat rolled down his face as he breathed heavily within his cave
"It was just a dream. It was just a dream. It was just a dream..." he kept repeating the phrase to himself, he wasn't going to let anything like that happen.

Zaki sat on the ground of the cave, eating a simple breakfast of fruits and berries before slipping out of the gap that served as the entrance to the hidden cave.
I know that others are nearby, I should stay close and prepare traps so I can get the jump on them if I have to.

With that Zaki released Bello and Ryuu and the trio headed into the outskirts of the surrounding forest, preparing a series of traps for the nearby trainers. After the dream he had suffered, he was taking no chances.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Kingsley Barajas
Of Colours and Mayhem
Part 02

373MS.png
078MS.png
025MS.png
Ani464MS.png
Ani478MS.png
Ani260MS.png

Theme: Moonsetter

Your name is Kingsley Barajas. And you, like every other teenager around, have a variety of INTERESTS, which you as of now cannot remember, due to the fact you're currently asleep. And just like it happens with people that are sleeping, it's about time for a very convenient and rather unnecessary dream sequence!

A series of pictures begins unfolding. First one showing up depicts a young and overall happy couple in a vast grassland. Between them is a little boy and a Ponyta. It just so happen that this boy is you. This day you remember it with fondness. It was the day you received Ponyta, and your parents went to the nearest grassland for you to gallop in her. You were especially happy because of this...

Next up is the image of a young girl. Her long, black hair being held by a pink ribbon of sorts. Her round face only outclassed by her beautiful, blue eyes and gorgeous smile. You cannot help but whispers this lass's name, "Bree" is the only word your mouth can emit at the moment. I don't if you've noticed, dude, but you are passing the hell out right now. And there wasn't any booze involved! Booze is good, kids! No wait... booze is bad, unless it's free, then bob's your uncle. Only you can stop forest fires!

...God damnit. You suck at giving people positive messages, y'know?

Let's just... get back to this goddamn dream, okay? Thanks. The image of this beautiful girl that somehow reminded you of alcohol vanishes... And instead, a happy memory of the first time Team Mayhem Maxima was formed shows up. Look at all those smiley faces.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

For some reason you all lok like stalkers smiling sideways... Anyways. As you examine the picture with joy... You notice something odd. Dyonisse is fading from the picture... Then GlimmHorn. Before you realize it, everyone except Maxinne is gone. What does this mean? Why did they vanish? Why is Maxinne so sad right now?

Your dream sequence stops. And you find yourself fully awake in the fields. You barely remember anything of your dream. But you know what's gonna happen next... It has to do with booze... That much is certain...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Caroline had risen early again today, though this time not by choice. She'd woken up to the sounds of a spunky young trainer shouting, trying to get the best of her by challenging her at around 4:30 in the morning. His plan backfired promptly; Tyranitar needed no warmup for a battle, and managed to knock out four of the kid's Pokemon before he learned his lesson and ran off. Thus began another lovely morning. She hopped onto Zebstrika and made her way out of the woods. She'd miss the cover of trees, but there were way too many trainers crowding the forests. Perhaps it'd be a bit safer out in the open, where traps and sneak attacks were much less likely.

Needless to say, Caroline was very glad she'd decided to keep her team inside their Pokeballs while sleeping. It'd be terribly easy to pick off a sleeping Pokemon. Even so, in the future, she'd need to take extra precaution. These trainers weren't above using dirty tricks like ambush. It seemed extremely foolish to her, in retrospect. If this were a simple elimination-based tournament, with no losses sans the missed opportunity of victory, she'd be picking fights left and right with the rest of 'em. However, under these circumstances, such aggressive tactics were bound to result in tragedy. It was strange: for once, Caroline found herself taking a very passive role. She would not go out of her way to start a fight here, but if prompted she'd gladly finish one. Initially she had planned to be more combative, but the reality of the situation was quick to settle in. Her Pokemon added up to years worth of blood, sweat, and tears. Each was a prized fighter, measured in raw skill and effort. But, more than that, they were her only companions. Any loss would be devestating. And, as foolish and frail as most of her opponents were in her eyes, she had no real desire to inflict the same loss upon any of them. Though she felt no guilt destroying opponents in battle when they asked for it (she'd battled about fifteen yesterday, and completely eliminated a total of six), she would be sure to slip in a snide yet surprisingly compassionate offer - something along the lines of: "Sure ya' wanna keep this up? My Pokemon can go all day. Yours're lookin pretty shabby, sorry to say. How 'bout we call it quits here?"

Some took her up on it and left with their remaining dignity and Pokemon. Others laughed at the suggestion, only to regret it when their sixth party member went down. Maybe it was futile. After all, there could only be one winner. By extention, every single Pokemon on the island was screwed, sans the top trainer's six, and that's assuming whoever he is manages to keep all six intact. But all the same Caroline was stuck with a moral dilemma. She was a ruthless trainer, yes, but a fair one, and felt that there was no pride to be gained in beating down an unwilling foe. Not to mention, she had a creeping suspicion that this whole tournament structure wasn't so inescapable after all. This Concello guy had to be lurking around somewhere behind the scenes, and perhaps if someone could track him down some sort of rebellion could be arranged... though Caroline knew she certainly wasn't sociable nor charismatic enough to organize such a thing herself. And with all these trainers running around destroying each other, cooperation on any large scale seemed unlikely.

The sight of a trainer standing in the open field tore Caroline from her pondering. Aww jeez, she thought, He's prolly 'bout to see me if he hasn't already... I've gotta get my head in the game here. She wasn't usually so unobservant. Regretting her carelessness, she made an immediate mental note to keep such thoughtful excursions out of her mind while on the move.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Allan Schneider - Day 2

"Wake up Major, it's morning." said Allan waking up Major Lee. The trainer they saw yesterday was nothing more than a weak trainer who had to lose two of his pokemon to admit his defeat.

Allan munched some bread and explained his plan to Major. "Basically the first thing we do is go out and look for food. We can also try to get more information about Concello. We'll come back later on in the morning and then set up some traps. So do we both agree on this plan?" asked Allan.

Last edited:
Years

Zaki Halithersis

Zaki panted as he completed the fifth of the pit-traps he had been constructing, with the aid of Bello and Ryuu, in carefully thought out areas. The traps were several metres deeps, but built on steep inclines so that nobody was likely to suffer any terminal injuries - despite the traps being hard to escape. He had then criss-crossed thick but week vines over the traps in a lattice pattern before covering the vines with leaves and sand to camouflage them.

He had spent his morning laying traps with the aid of his pokemon - the majority of which were pit traps, snares and a few Toxic Spikes in critical locations. Zaki had found he had an uneasy feeling all morning, a side affect of his nightmare made worse by the strange absence of trainers bar the ones he knew were hiding in a cave near his.
This is very strange...

Back