• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would You Like to See Pokemon Battrio Outside of Japan?

Riverwind

The Fire Within
Years
Would you like to see Pokemon Battrio outside of Japan?
I certainly would.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

Pokémon Battrio is an arcade game exclusive to Japan. However, it is rather unlike other arcade games in that it is also a collectable franchise. There are many disks being sold seperately as part of a variety of sets in a similar manner to the Trading Card Game. These disks, when placed onto the arcade machine, translate into Pokémon in the game.

On first glance, Battrio just seems similar to the Pokémon Stadium & Battle Revolution games released in the past in that it is in a nice stylised cel-shaded 3D. However, there is a major difference in that firstly, you have 3 Pokémon on the field at once and you can position them in a variety of positions based upon the position of the Battrio Disks on the Arcade Machine.

Like the main games, it is a turn based game with each Pokémon having stats such as Attack, Defense and Attack Speed. This allows for battles to rarely be identical. However, as there's only a finite amount of disks, there is some similarity.

In addition to the simple battle modes, there's a single player campaign. Using a special Memory Key, you have the ability of having your entire progress tracked and saved so you can continue at any time. Using the in-game currency you earn in the game, you can purchase a variety of items to assist your battles.

More about the game
http://www.serebii.net/battrio/

Would you like to see this game in the US or any other country?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bleh, it doesn't look that interesting to me. So I wouldn't care to see it here that much.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Years
That sounds really cool, but also really complicated. It would be neat if they brought it to other places, but I'm not sure if it would do well in, say, the US. Probably one of those things that is successful in Japan but just wouldn't take off elsewhere.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
i thought it looked a bit silly, but i played it when i went to the pokemon centre with my friend for the funzies, and found it quite entertaining. the pieces feel rly nice and theres a commentator who is always cool. its quite emersive and plays nicely. but i dont think it would be big overseas so i will say no, keep it in japan.

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2013
Actually, I although I see that this thread is sort of old, I would like to comment on it. Pokémon Battrio is actually existing in one other than Japan: the country of Taiwan. Because of heavy Japanese influence, Taiwan carries somewhat of a similar culture, that allowed Battrio to prosper inside of its many Japanese built Department stores. I never forget to play battrio in Taiwan every time I visit. :P

Back