• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which Bicycle Did You Choose?

Which Bike Did You Choose?

• Total voters

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Arco bike. Bunny hopping and wheelies in a pokemon game just blew away my 10 year old mind.

Years
I went Acro at first, I think. Mach was nice but it was a little too fast for me. :( Switched over later though!

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
The Mach Bike for me, I like it as it is faster then the Acro Bike where it starts off fast then goes slow and I don't like that. The Mach Bike is better at getting around corners and you need it to complete things in the game.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I got the Mach Bike. I really found no purpose for the Acro bike other than those trick things that you need to pass to get to other areas of the Safari Zone and things such as that. The Mach Bike just helped me get around so much faster, and while the Acro Bike was cool, the Mach Bike actually served a purpose....

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
I was all about speed when I was younger and chose the Mach bike. I loved breeding and used the VS seeker a lot so having the Mach definitely helped.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I prefer Mach bike earlier in the game but after getting fly acro bike is good.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I loved the Mach Bike better mainly because it was faster and I prefer it over the Acro Bike. Sure the Acro Bike could have let you go on those white ledge thingies but I never found going on any of them useful.

Mackenzie

Say Somethin'!
Years
It depends. Fortunately, Rydel gave us 2 choices in RSE, and these bikes are meant as check and balance to the other.

For Mach it is as the others have mentioned above is for that time attack record on the cycling road, as well as for running past those muddy slopes, and for getting to rayquaza in the sky pillar. However, story-wise, I don't think one should use the acro if their purpose is to simply complete the e4.

Acro (slower, but enables hops, bunny hops) is as also mentioned is for some more interesting secret base spots, bunny hops are useful for encountering wild pokemon while not wasting safari zone steps (with the absence of sweet scent in safari zone, it makes turning obsolete) and also for getting to other places in the emerald safari zone (note that mach bike can be used in the safari zone as well due to the presence of slopes though they give you two different routes of the safari zone iirc).

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I've always used the Mach Bike. I used it on my first playthrough because it was faster and then I knew it was required for the story in subsequent playthroughs so I never bothered with the Acro Bike. Not to mention I spent hours trying to get through cycling road as fast as possible with no collisions when I first found out you were timed. Good tiems ^.^

Years
Mach bike is faster, so I chose that obviously. Acro bike becomes much less useful after exploring all the areas you wanted to with it.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I prefer the Acro bike because unlike the Mach bike it goes fast, but not ridiculously fast. I wouldn't want to rush such a fun game, plus you have a lot more control with the Acro. The tricks are a nice touch too!

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
Years
I picked the Mach bike! Loved feeling all that wind in my virtual hair :) When I found out what those white things were for, I came back and got th acro bike.

Back