• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
O.o OMG dude how can you loose a frmMain.frm file o.o seriously dude out of all the projectes ive ever done ive not lost a file for a project o.o i mean cmon dude its all in the same directory under signifigantly named files.. what did u do go in trying to make space on your computer and delete it o.o .....

oh and btw i dont think you should be asking
a, can any one decompile it being that VB is UNDECOMPILEABLE (and any one who beleves otherwise is being led on by projects like dcpl4vb)
and
b, i dont think that this is something you broadcast... Oh ive lost the project soruce code... should come to me nexttime o.o

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
Sweetness...

I read the first page or so of your thread and desided to post without reading the rest. So if youve already anserwed my question im sorry I was to lazy to read all of those pages. I wanna start by giving you mad props and just say "Respect". Now for the question that you may not like and I do not mean to "dis" you with this at all but, Other then to expand your own skills why whould you make another game makeing program. If you finish it more noobies are gonna use it and not take the time to learn how to code for them selfs. At most I would just make a open source pokemon engine in c++ or somthing like that so people whould be motivated to learn how to code and not wait for more game/RPG makers to come out.

If this sounds like disrespect I pormise I dont mean it like that...

Rm2k3Guy

Lord of shadows
Years
slayerseitaro said:
I read the first page or so of your thread and desided to post without reading the rest. So if youve already anserwed my question im sorry I was to lazy to read all of those pages. I wanna start by giving you mad props and just say "Respect". Now for the question that you may not like and I do not mean to "dis" you with this at all but, Other then to expand your own skills why whould you make another game makeing program. If you finish it more noobies are gonna use it and not take the time to learn how to code for them selfs. At most I would just make a open source pokemon engine in c++ or somthing like that so people whould be motivated to learn how to code and not wait for more game/RPG makers to come out.

If this sounds like disrespect I pormise I dont mean it like that...
It sounds like your saying hes doing this so noobs can be lazy?
NO! Hes doing this to help people who can't code in RGSS You can't come and say this will stop people learning it won't people will lear from the code in the starterkit so don't come here and say people are using it to be lazy ;)

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
NO! Hes doing this to help people who can't code in RGSS You can't come and say this will stop people learning it won't people will lear from the code in the starterkit so don't come here and say people are using it to be lazy

dude, this has nothing to do with RMXP it's C++ for God's sake!
but I think you misenderstood this thread with the starterkit one because this one is not what canbe theoretically called a "Starter Kit" and it isn't for RMXP but C++ :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Ryan, I have never lost one before either. But i think mabye.... when i put it on my flash card it didnt copy, it cut. So over the weekend i will look at my flash card to see if frmMain is on it. if not then.. i will have to start from the begining again.

btw. i cant get msn working (doesnt work on my mums laptop)

EDIT: dark dragon, this is not c++ this is VB (Visual Basic).

slayerseitaro

Blood Feast Island Man
Years
uhh...

LOL Hacker you need to back dat @$$ up and by @$$ I mean dont lose your porjects...

Are you guys useing pure VB or what are you guys doing so this Prog of your goes fast?

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
soo... whats the error? some errors i put in on purpoe, like New. It is just saying that if you havnt saved already then you have losd the map, i will change that later.

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
Years
Ok firstly this isnt being made so N00Bs can be lazy because N00bs have to start somewhere... this will be a steping stone for people who want to make a pokemon game and totally suck at rmxp or 2k or 2k3 and once they have grasped the concepts of game design they should move on up to bigger things like c++

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
I have got it! Pokemon XP V1.1!

I found the files on my flash card so i edited back to what V1.1 was.

here you got, i have you like it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
ok will do. works fine on my comp.

btw. a thing for you all,

Even though i have many idea for pokemonxp which i wont say yet.

Can anyone give me suggestions? and what to program for it next?

tdata

Pokemon GX
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
A bigger screen size. I can't see much with it so small... So 'zoom' in a bit.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Budgie_boy said:
What do you have?

What I want to see:

TCG
Minigames
Pinball
Fusion Centre
Online Capability
Lan Capability
Less Bugs and Glitches!

OK! most should be doable.

I had already thought of online compatilabty! so i will ask yan for help with hat and should have it in version3.0 or something.

last one will be sorted sooon... minigames... well... mabye. but probly only a choice oflike 4 or 5.

EDIT: Seven years later and although this project sadly did not pan out, Ryan and I have became great friends and have not stopped working on projects!

Last edited:
Back