• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I can't go hunting yet becuz all of the current game files I have will be restarted. I usually don't go hunting till I beat the main game, but once I beat Emerald and FireRed, I will go hunting in the wild like crazy. I was thinking about getting a shiny Torchic... but I am not too sure...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Oye - sorry for my brief absense. I've just finished school and I was busy doing non-school activities (including shiny hunting).

I accidently switched off my SP in the middle of a hunt... It's annoying because now I have to replay like 1.5 hours knowing that none of the eggs I have stored in my PC will produce a shiny. But such is life!

Welcome to the pile of new people!
*Waves at newcomers*

Years
SamBee said:
Why reset for a starter, go hunting for one that nobodys found yet, I think that would be cooler.
Filling up the shiny dex is nice, but sometimes you just want a certain shiny even if someone else already has it. Shiny Meganium is awesome. I don't care if everyone else in the club already has one; I'll still try for it.

My efforts for shiny Treecko are moreso aimed at getting a correlated ID (if such exists; I'll certainly be the one to find out), to hopefully aid with my other hunts. Who knows? If my plan works, I may end up with a Missingno. Master-level of obscene luck... ;)

ryan said:
I accidently switched off my SP in the middle of a hunt... It's annoying because now I have to replay like 1.5 hours knowing that none of the eggs I have stored in my PC will produce a shiny. But such is life!
Is there any reason you place bunches of unhatched eggs in the PC? I couldn't see it saving time; in fact, I could only see it taking more time. I deposit my hatched Chikos so I can check their stats and keep the best. If you don't care about stats, it seems to make the most sense to release them from your party.

SamBee said:
Is that how it works? I thought the eggs were random when they hatched, but they're stuck as they are from the moment they're "layed"?
Yup. An egg's stats are determined when you receive it from the old man.

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2007
Guys I will have EV training while hatching Eevee eggs.
Status : I already hatched several eggs still no luck of even one shiny.
Last 27 post ^^,

Last edited:

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2008
Hey! CrystalLatias is BAAACK!
I'm hunting for a shiny Volbeat, Ilusme(sp?), and Rosilia.
Convinient because they're all found on the same route.
Funny thing is, I've seen 4 or 5 surskit. Not even in season.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Geez, no luck with Zapdos still! I soft-reset to some music in the car (Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack on the way there, and Eiffel 65 on the way back) for like 3 hours and still no Zapdos. I was a little preoccupied at the time on the way back but there was no way that I would've missed a Shiny Zapdos...

Update: On Sapphire I got Blaziken to lvl. 100 (w00t, my first one) and am training my lvl 48. Aggron on Victory Road, but I might change at lvl 50 so I have one for a team to take on Battle Tower.

<I>Kobra<I>

Last edited:

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
Why ??? why doesn't a shiny pop up at me ???
1. I have a Master Ball with me !!!
2. I have a Mean Looking :P lvl. 60 Crobat in the first space !!!
3. I also have 87 Ultra Balls; 11 TimerBalls; 16 Repeat balls and .... ??? 4 Premier, 1 nest, 1 luxury which I don't know why I cary???
COME OOON !!! I can't like be any more prepared than that !!!
I think it's just kidding with me !!! and if one day I sell all my balls and put Crobat in the box first thing I see will be a shiny :P haha that will be just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean .

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
I feel your pain, 15+ hours feels like forever in soft-resetting. And Zapdos is just refusing to be Shiny, no matter what I try. No doubt that when I get it, it'll be in my party for the rest of the game...

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Metal Mario said:
Is there any reason you place bunches of unhatched eggs in the PC? I couldn't see it saving time; in fact, I could only see it taking more time. I deposit my hatched Chikos so I can check their stats and keep the best. If you don't care about stats, it seems to make the most sense to release them from your party.
Yes - because if you don't have a backup suply of eggs there's a good chance that the daycare man won't have another egg ready for you right when one in your party hatches. I used to not keep a stash of eggs and every so often I'd get to a point when I was just peddling back and forth with no eggs at all, waiting for the daycare man to present me with another. So, I think it's good to have a backup supply; I only keep one box though.
We have graduation practice this week - which is really, really dull... So I brought my SP to pass the time shiny hunting. Huzzah!
The girl I'm walking with probably thinks I'm weird.
I got my essay back that I wrote about "Shiny Hunters," I scored 49/50. Woot. Now you know.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
Years
ryan said:
Yes - because if you don't have a backup suply of eggs there's a good chance that the daycare man won't have another egg ready for you right when one in your party hatches. I used to not keep a stash of eggs and every so often I'd get to a point when I was just peddling back and forth with no eggs at all, waiting for the daycare man to present me with another. So, I think it's good to have a backup supply; I only keep one box though.
We have graduation practice this week - which is really, really dull... So I brought my SP to pass the time shiny hunting. Huzzah!
The girl I'm walking with probably thinks I'm weird.
I got my essay back that I wrote about "Shiny Hunters," I scored 49/50. Woot. Now you know.

Hehe get talking I wanna hear bout this essay :)

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
Years
Yeah me too. I have had no luck finding shinies while training for Koga. I made my best Pokemon(lvl 33 shiny Butterfree) know Psychic, so I will hopefully beat him. I'm just really worried about beating Sabrina:( ...

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Sorry for my brief absence, exam revision took up my free time, i'll be glad when there out of the way

Anywho im going to finish off EV training Weezing tonight then start with the hunt for Phanpy hatching, im going to be keeping a tally of how many eggs i've hatched so i can keep you informed of where i am =D

Years
Hey, no fair! You're all getting ahead of me! I haven't even hatched my first Mareep, yet!

Status report: Sapphire is occupied as I use the ocean glitch to raise some Blissies to L100 for a Blissey Base. Emerald isn't ready yet. I'm still hatching Chikorita eggs on Fire Red. Box 5 is starting to fill up.

Edit: Ooh! I just hatched a Rash Male with max HP, Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. Whenever I do switch to Emerald, I'll have some fabulous Chikos to breed!

Last edited:

Golden Mew

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2007
Hatching Eevee Egg to get shiny. Still no luck I don't know how many Eevee I already hatched.
I have to EV train my pokemon today but try divide my time to get some shiny.
EDIT : I hatched 3 Eevee eggs for today ( I don't know the first one but know I will make the total egg I hatched )
Last 26 post ^^,

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Ummm... Well, we had to write an essay defining something, so I defined "shiny hunting."
A while back I posted the first paragraph.
*Attaches document*
That should be it - I think it's my final draft, but I'm too lazy to see for sure.
I haven't shiny hunted since this morning; hopefully I'll have nothing to do during graduation practice so an opportunity might arise for me to continue.

Back