• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Remember that time when...?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
What was the most memorable event in the game for you? What event did you dislike the most? What event stood out that could have been better? What thing about these events made them so special?

For you creative people out there, give us an event idea of your own that takes place in the game!

*note: When I say event, I mean key occurrences in the game. For instance, after you beat Lenora, Team Plasma steals the Dragonite skull. Another example would be Ghetsis revealing the truth about Team Plasma and his plans at N's Castle. Another example is when Team Plasma steals the little girl's Pokémon on your way to Nacrene City.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Meaby the events of Dragonspiral Tower. It was very interesting to climb up that tower and same time you had feeling "I'm going to see N and his Reshiram." It was pretty cool.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmmmmm when you say event, the thing that most comes to mind is when N reveals he has a castle underground (that's totally an event!). For some reason I feel that it's the most significant event because it shows that N's rising to power, rising to victory, etc, I dunno, it's symbolic. The animation of the lightning and the actual building rising also makes it REALLY stand out for me.

As for the worst, definitely when Plasma kicks Munna. It's boring, it's useless, nobody cares about Munna, and for someone who has played through the start of the game about 20 times to get extra Victini's and can't skip that point, it just sucks. Plus the fact that Munna has to suffer, of course. Oh yeah, and I also kept getting confused by whether Ghetsis was actually there or an illusion. :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.
That isn't an event or a key occurrence in the game (well I guess it is, since you can't continue on in the game if you don't do it, but you know what I mean!!!).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
For instance, after you beat Lenora, Team Plasma steals the Dragonite skull.
This one in particular, actually, for a few reasons or rather thoughts that came to my head. Such as 'Oh hey Plasma are doing stuff again?', but the thing I like the most is that it was the first clear instance following that of gym leaders doing stuff. (Because the first trio are lazy bums). Certainly something I liked of BW - the gym leaders doing stuff!

I'll agree that the Munna scene was not that great, but also partly because it's a clear example of Plasma doing bad stuff yet wanting to save Pokemon apparently... and the fact there's a lack of examples anywhere showing people not from Plasma not treating Pokemon well.

And a personal moment not plot-related I remember is crossing the first fancy bridge of the game. Both because I was amused by Game Freak showing off their ability to use CAMERA ANGLES, and also admittedly impressed by it. (And the music).

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I liked the very end. After you beat Ghetsis and N is going to fly away. It made me tear up XD

Years
Beating Ghetsis for the first time was so memorable. His Hydreigon was an absolute pain to deal with.

Yes Platinum, I have to agree with you on this.

Hydreigon was the reason I hated Ghetsis, his Cofagrigus was also annoying.

I now have my own Hydreigon, but at the time she was a Zweilous.

I felt so sorry for that Munna getting kicked by Team Plasma grunts.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
My Excadrill up against N's Klingklang at the time, outsped me and used Focus Blast strangely enough which thankfully missed leading up to my Excadrill using Earthquake on the "Klingklang" only to reveal itself as a Zoroark before dying lol. That and having my Emboar surviving a Surf from Ghetsis's Hydreigon to take out the 3 headed bastard in 1 shot with Hammer Arm right after surviving the near fatal Surf there lol.

Not counting specific moments like that though I'd have to say running into Ghetsis at one of the bridges before heading to Opelucid City and encountering the Shadow Triad for the final time were pretty memorable for me despite them being rather minor plot wise. Oh yeah and fighting Cheren right after I got the final badge was more memorable for me than most of the other battles I had at the time.

Bayrock

Dedicated
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Well, I'll be the first to admit that I don't much care for the storyline of the Pokémon game series, although I've begun to become fond of the TV series storyline.

Although, my favorite part was when I came across Tornadus. I was quite intrigued by him for some odd reason.

Years
At the end when N talks to you and says all of those things about how his life was mostly a lie and how he wants me to follow my dreams. I get chills every time and I'm just like "COME BACK N!!!"

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
The scene with Bianca and her father at Nimbasa. With the music (which also played during Cheren's rant on Route 5), it was one of the most memorable events in the game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Walking across the Sky Arrow Bridge for the first time. I thought to myself how far Pokemon has come in the last decade while going across

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
Years
Finally, finally, FINALLY beating Ghetsis after like the fifth try, because his attack missed and I was able to KO Hydreigon with my Haxorus, IIRC. Took long enough. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.

toyroom.png

Autobot Silverwynde

Automaton Protector
Years
The scene with Bianca and her father at Nimbasa. With the music (which also played during Cheren's rant on Route 5), it was one of the most memorable events in the game.
This one was just, WOW. It probably hit me harder because of the problems that I was dealing with in my family, but that scene just brought me to tears. I knew how Bianca felt (I had an overprotective mother who never let me leave her sight) and couldn't stop crying. Truly an unforgetable moment.
One of the most memorable events for me was seeing N's room that he played in as a kid. The music is was so fitting for the scene, and it was so touching! This was definitely one of my favorite moments of the game.

toyroom.png

Another one that gave me a lump in my throat, as it reminded me a lot of my old bedroom and my childhood in general. All I could do was stand in the middle of that room and wipe tears from my eyes. Pokemon Black resonated with me so deeply and it was because of scenes like this.

N's farewell is also one of those unforgettable moments--I understood why he had to leave (I was going through something similar with my own mother at the time) and I knew it was for the best but it still broke my heart.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years

toyroom.png

That was awesome, whilst creepy.

The whole castle/climax theme really stood out to me. I loved it. Great twist on the usual pattern of E4 then Champion. :cer_smile:

Back