• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
I've been using DesMume for a while now, and it works GREAT! I absolutely love it. No$GBA? Tried it for a while... It ain't that great with DS games, at least for me anyway.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Wow, It's been 6 years and we still didn't make a decent DS emulator.
I hope we can emulate B2W2.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'v used Desmume myself and it works great! Just as good as my DS. Desmume actually still updates, too, they just released a new version a week ago, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I mainly use it for testing purposes and learning how RNG works, watch the RAM, and etc... and I don't want to mess with what works fine right now.

NatureKeeper

Desmume is more professional- but rather slow on some PCs. It has many more options- debugging, personalization and other things.

No$GBA is faster - but I dislike the Graphics Engine and it's rather limited.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I prefer Desmume. On my computer it's quite fast and the best part is that he staple. While No$GBA fell out almost every 5 minutes crashing saves and making me to begin from a start.

Although some game like Pokemon Ranger run better on Nogba. On Desmume there are strange artifacts on upper screens...

Solidly

Ironborn
Years
  • Seen May 12, 2012
For me DeSmuME runs way smoother than NO$GBA. On B/W it runs pretty fast in battles.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
NO$GBA doesn't run any games, even the ones that aren't titled Pokemon. Maybe it's just my lucky. DeSmuME plays everything single DS games I've attempted. Plus I heard NO$GBA doesn't update anymore as DeSmuME is more recent in updates..Oh well. I'm happy with what I have xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
NO$GBA doesn't run any games, even the ones that aren't titled Pokemon. Maybe it's just my lucky. DeSmuME plays everything single DS games I've attempted. Plus I heard NO$GBA doesn't update anymore as DeSmuME is more recent in updates..Oh well. I'm happy with what I have xD
Yes, you are right, creator of No$ stopped updating 3 (?) years ago and did not return to update.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Yes, you are right, creator of No$ stopped updating 3 (?) years ago and did not return to update.

Well I've been playing and it seems that the Mario Kart, Party, Super Mario 64 DS, Mario/Sonic Olympics, Mario 3-on-3 Hoops, etc, are at a slow pace than normal. But the other games, like Yoshi's Island DS and Super Princess Peach are fine. Playing the Pokemon games, I can't get pass the selection of the starter Pokemon. It like..goes completely black on both screens and nothing happens, other than the music still playing.

Just thought I'd share that, I'm fine with what it comes with, as long as I can play the Mario games, I'm happy!

Tru Eagle

Flying Type Master
Years
Well I hate NoGBA because it doesnt let me do high quality captures from the program itself. So I use Des. And it's never messed up and I've never had problems with it.

Back