• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPhone 5 unveiled, taller screen, 4G

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I only have a 3G at the moment, so even if the 5 was simply the 4S but in a pink bow, I'd still probably be snapping it up as soon as possible. It's kinda disappointing that there isn't a 'one more thing' like there have been with most of the previous iterations in the franchise, but that definitely won't stop me from getting it nearly as soon as it comes out! :D

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I've got a 4S and I can't see any real reason to get the 5 for me. LTE isn't really a must have thing, and I still have until next July before I can upgrade again anyway. Besides, by getting in on the 'S' Routine, It'll allow for me to get the better device every 2 years since their scheme has been redesign one year and refine it the next. (here's hoping the T-Mo USA gets in on the next round, so I could buy on subsidy from them if I wanted. Big Red's getting ridiculous with their plan pricing)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Oh, same camera? Yeah no, not upgrading from my 4S. Only reason I'd want to upgrade is for the camera lmao. :( I'll just wait for iPhone 5S with a best camera in existence. n___n Plus I can manage in low light IT'S CALLED A TORCH.

It's not the same camera, it's only the same number of megapixels (which aren't everything).

Anyway, I'll probably be getting this. I've been long overdue for a smartphone, and my 4th gen iPod Touch is getting a bit long in the tooth. Might as well kill two birds with one stone here.

Shame Windows Phone 7 hasn't panned out for Microsoft.... I loved my Zune HD and was hoping that WP7 would be a success, but while the OS is good, the hardware it's available on and its lack of apps doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
I was at the Sprint store the other day (yeah, I use Sprint, I'm lame like that), and since the 5 hadn't been officially announced yet, the store had a waiting list to be put onto the waiting list when it was announced. I can't think of any other phone that there would be something like this for.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Anyone else disappointed (yet for some reason unsurprised) that the new iPod Touch only has the A5 processor, when there's now the new iPad-exclusive A5X and the A6?

I mean, I don't want an iPhone. I don't want to deal with the contracts that come with it; I'll stick with my moderately-dumbphone for a while. Using an iPod Touch as my general-purpose device (starting with an MC-model 2G of all things), I feel as if Apple is actually trying to slowly weed it out.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I don't necessarily think Apple is trying to weed out the iPod, but the market. The majority is now saying that they don't want single purpose devices. With the advent of the smartphone, people use those instead of dedicated music/movie/work/browsing devices.

If anything, I feel Apple is hanging on for dear life (iPod I mean). Even iTunes itself is antiquated in a world full of Spotify, Rdio etc...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Anyone else disappointed (yet for some reason unsurprised) that the new iPod Touch only has the A5 processor, when there's now the new iPad-exclusive A5X and the A6?

I mean, I don't want an iPhone. I don't want to deal with the contracts that come with it; I'll stick with my moderately-dumbphone for a while. Using an iPod Touch as my general-purpose device (starting with an MC-model 2G of all things), I feel as if Apple is actually trying to slowly weed it out.

I'm more disappointed that it doesn't have the same camera as the new iPhone. But then again, I'm probably gonna get the new iPhone, so I need to forget about getting the new iPod regardless of how sexy it may be.

Years
I have a Droid 2 Global and I can upgrade my phone at the end of the month so I was planning on getting it, but I changed my mind. I think what I'll do instead is just get a 4S instead when they discount it.

Years
Years
I love my iPod Touch (2nd gen), and having followed some of the updates and unveiling of the iPhone 5, it had me somewhat interested as I've been looking for a new phone. However, I just don't know if I could justify dropping $200 off the bat for the lowest model, plus $70 a month with limited data and minutes for 36 months. I also really don't like iTunes, which is why I only put new music on my iPod 3 times a year at most. All in all, I think I'd rather get something like a Samsung Galaxy, which might cost a little more up front, but I won't be stuck in a long term plan and the monthly rate will be lower, while the phone is equally powerful.

That said, I work at a mall that opened up an Apple store about a month ago, and while I'd heard horror stories of how busy they could get on launch days like this, it was insane how much was going on when I walked by during my break. Even when I got off at 7:30 PM, while it had died down a considerable amount, there was still a line-up outside of about 20-30 people to just get into the store. I don't think I would ever be so excited for any one thing that I would stand in line for hours on end, let alone to drop a couple hundred dollars after the fact.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm surprised with these "new features". They've been on Android for quite some time now and I can't imagine not having them, prior iOS6. Anyway, I don't see the iPhone 5 as anything special, I'm not an Apple person. But really, I can't see myself using an iPhone, even though I would like to see myself having one, I guess I prefer Android OS.

I must say that well done to Apple for the Guided Access feature; maybe it's because it's the only thing not on Android yet, but it's really a great idea. And also the phone is crazy light! I don't like light phones but it's great for people who do. They did a nice job with that.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Can't afford a iPhone 5 at all, especially seeing as I'm rather clumsy with my tech. Looks more like evolutionary upgrade rather than a revolutionary upgrade, which is a shame, although some of the added functions do look rather nice (NFC is missing though).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I hate the iPhone 5 so much. It's such a waste of money.

I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. The iPhone 5 is exactly the same as my iPhone 4, except it is bigger for fitting in another row for useless apps, has Siri, and supposedly runs faster which is crap.

Sticking with my iPhone 4, and after that I may get an iPhone 4S. I just hate the iPhone 5. It's so dumb. Nothing new or charming about it.

Zet

Years
I hate the iPhone 5 so much. It's such a waste of money.

I have an iPhone 4 and I love it. The iPhone 5 is exactly the same as my iPhone 4, except it is bigger for fitting in another row for useless apps, has Siri, and supposedly runs faster which is crap.

Sticking with my iPhone 4, and after that I may get an iPhone 4S. I just hate the iPhone 5. It's so dumb. Nothing new or charming about it.
By that logic, you also hate every iPhone ever made. It's the same phone every year with minor hardware changes, so saying the iPhone 5 is nothing new is saying the iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S is nothing new as well. And if you scroll up and read the benchmark test, you would find out that the iPhone 5 is miles ahead in terms of performance above every other smartphone and tablet.

And siri is faster because of iOS 6... I'm not sure if it's actually been coded to run faster on the iPhone 5.

droomph

weeb
Years
I love this phone!

I like that it runs faster, and I really do need that.

Though I feel it's kinda a letdown to have it so long, but I'm sure I'll get over it x]

Back