• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who did you admire when you first joined PC?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I can't even remember anyone I looked up to when I first joined haha. I think I had a blatant disregard for everything and everyone. XD Now though, I look up to quite a few people: AlexOzzyCake, bobandbill, Hiroshi Sotomura, ~Kawaii~, Kura also especially and plenty more that don't seem to want to pop up!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I joined in 2008, but didn't stop lurking until 2012 haha. But I'm going to say TwilightBlade, twistedpuppy, and Mac. Since they were the trade mods (and one ex trade mod) I really looked up to them. Of course, not as much anymore since I can stand on my own two feet for the most part, but I still go to them for help and advice.

Apart from staff, I also looked up to [supporter]iloveeevee[/supporter] and Wiilio for taking extra time to teach me how to RNG.

Melody

Banned
Years
I consider myself to have 3 "stages" at PC

I'd have to say that many of the people I really respected when I first joined PC are long gone now. Names like Forest_Grovyle2, Chairman Kaga4, Arcanine1, sammi-san3, Rukario and a few more who slip from memory.

Then as I move forward into my second stage at PC, people like [supporter]Signomi[/supporter]2 and Forever arrive, both of whom I consider to be respectable members.

Finally my third stage, which is the current stage, includes some of the more current staff. These are members I remember growing up SO FAST from n00b to mod and on up. Folks like Went, Razor Leaf, Derozio, Bloodex and Livewire are all members I respect quite well today~

1 - Former Administrator
2 - Former Moderator
3 - Former Super Moderator
4 - Former Staff, unknown rank or time period. (Possibly Classic PC?)

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
When I was new I used to post a lot in the welcoming lounge so it was Meganium90. After sometime I started posting in the Pokemon clubs so I admired AlexOzzyCake and Olli97.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Hikari10 and Synerjee. XD

Hikari because she was the first person to welcome me to PC, and with a long post, too. I looked up to her as one of the "cool kids".

Same with synerjee. I've always looked up to people who show references i can't understand.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I didn't really look up to anyone when I first joined. The person that commanded all of PC's attention, Cas, was already one of my close friends so I didn't need to put her on a pedestal like a lot of people did.

I think the first person I looked up to and really respected on PC was Kairi. She was pretty instrumental in shaping the person I became on PC. I always really admired how level-headed and nice she was while still being pretty quirky. It didn't last forever and she did a lot of things I really, really didn't agree with but later (off PC) she pulled herself out of that and now I look up to her all over again even if she no longer has anything to do with PC at all. :3

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Ah, jeez. Probably NiNGi. He's the only person who I really remember from way back then (well, I mean I remember Sammi too but I don't remember much about her (I'm sorry!)). Sometimes I wonder what life handed NiNGi and how he handled it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I didn't really look up to anyone when I first joined.
I feel the same way. When I initially joined I didn't really know a lot of people and I sort of just stayed in a little corner most of the time. Those who received a lot of attention, I never noticed at the beginning, and the people I did meet I always felt equal to them.

It wasn't until around nearly half a year of being on the forum when I finally found someone to look up to. That person was Ryan aka BeachBoy. I put him under the Super Mod position, because that's what he was at the time. I just admired how friendly he was to everyone and how chill he always seemed. On top of that, he was darn good at fulfilling his role as a super moderator. He was my role model, even though he was no longer on staff then, when I was promoted to a Super Moderator.

Then I got to meet people like Lightning, Went, Arcanine, Morkula, Ausaudriel, Hiroshi Sotomura, and others who I began to look up to as well, having nothing but respect for them and what they did.

...Gosh, that's a lot of admins / ex-staff.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
<3333

When I was a shy, scared new member back in 2010, I posted in the Pokemon Anime section a lot. Vernikova was the person I looked up to a lot. She was really nice and sweet when I first talked to her, and she really loved her section back then when she was a moderator.
Sadly that was it :/

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Not really anyone sad to say, tbh I didnt really get that involved in these forums at first, mainly just talked to peopleI knew from elsewhere.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
When I first joined PC, BeachBoy was probably the most popular and/or respected person at the time. He was the star of PC, the person rising through the ranks at the fastest rate known to mankind. But funnily enough, I didn't look up to him or whatever, I didn't look up to anyone at the time. I really didn't look up to anyone until about late-2010 when I started talking to Luke and Matthew and whatnot, that group were the people I started to look up to. I just think it's interesting that BeachBoy didn't become my personal figure of idolatry, considering he was everyone else's at the time.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
^ I love how a lot of people looked up to Ryan on here; he's so inspirational to people, even irl. Hell, he inspires me now!

For the threads sake, back when I first joined I used to look up to members like Lily and Kura because I thought they were really cool and I was just this giant NOOB -_- Their posts were always nice and they had cool themes. I know there were more but I'm blanking so bad! Oh! Also Natsuki :) I remember PMing her being like WE HAVE THE SAME NAME, MY NAME IS KELSEY TOO and she actually responded to me nicely, in spite of me being a ridiculous nooby. I'm glad I did though, because she still occasionally talks to me when she signs on which is really cool.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I wasn't very involved with any members nor PC in general when I first joined, but when I started actually moving out of the ROM Hacking section and meeting people, I came to admire a few. At that time, I'd say Forever, Toujours and Shining Raichu were all people whom I really looked up to. Nica was basically because she was such a likeable person (and still is!) with a constantly positive attitude, and she was just a generally happy person. Toujours and Andy were pretty much because of their quality posts and activity, which was something I really aspired to be at the time. I kinda went in the opposite direction though, and left PC for a while. I'd probably have had more people to look up to, if I hadn't restricted myself to the IRC so much, but I ended up returning to PC again at the end of December.

And that was when I met AlexOzzyCake. He was the one who actually got me active here on PC, and without him, there'd probably have been a big part of my life I would've missed out on. He's Probably the person I admire the most out of all I've ever met here on PC. He's one of those people who it's really easy to make friends with, he's such an optimistic and happy person, and he has pretty much all the qualities to what makes a great friend. If you want a list of adjectives to describe how great of a person he is, just go to his promotion thread, and Nick listed a few of them ;) And that's pretty much why I admired him so much back then, and I still do so!

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Like a lot of the users that joined in mid-late 2008 I looked up to Beachboy when I first joined. He used to be really active back then and he seemed like a cool guy. I ended up talking to him about a month after I joined and he turned out to be as cool as I thought he was. It's a shame he never posts anymore.

I also admired Rukario just because he was in charge of this site and still is. He always came off as a real chill guy to me.

And then Hiidoran and Aurafire were two of the most welcoming users here when I joined. They would always post in the newbie forums and introduce themselves to everyone, including me.

Those are the main ones, but during my noob days there were others that I admired, such as mewthree w/armor, Lightning, and Forever

Sadly only two of them still frequent this site. :/

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Um. Well. Let's see who I can remember. Chairman Kaga, Kiri, and Tig. Kaga was super nice from the interactions I had with him even though I was a dumb little child. Kiri was like a big sister to me for a while. That Nightclub madness was fun. Tig was totally my first online idol-crush and yeaaah there was another forum somewhere else and we talked more there and I can't believe any of these people actually put up with me but the fact that they did just makes me impressed with them more even now.

When I came back there was Tara and Livey and Syddy and Audy and Erica and Nick. And I don't especially like.. look up to them anymore but these guys still continue to impress me because they're just really amazing okay.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Believe it or not, when I joined PC I was a ROM Hack downloading bot, who registered his account just to scavenge attachments of awesome ROM Hacks. In time I got so interested in ROM Hacking I eventually tried to Hack myself. And I was a typical NOOB (shudder). With those thoughts I can say nothing lesser than a few ROM Hacking related people I happened to admire (still do)

Zel 2.0
destinedjagold
Anbuja's BlooDY
PEDRO12

And few moar... anyway I didn't do anything other than visit the ROM Hacking forum so yeah.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I..domt rly remember lol. Well,cwhen i joined was when i was interested in hacks. So...probably HackMew for his awesome tools, destinedjagold because of his awesome hacks and he was a mod when i first joined xD. Im aure theres a few more but i cant remember...

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Naturally immediately upon joining I was drawn straight to the shining beacon of light that is Hikari10. Her internet fame is such that when I saw her post I thought "Oh, it's Hikari, the girl who was welcomed as a celebrity on that forum I like", and the flawless posts convinced me that she was indeed above and beyond any member here. That blog about how hilare people being shot down by helicopters is was truly the most enjoyable thing I've ever read on here.

(I thought Toujours, Nica and Razor Leaf were pretty fab off the bat. Still love seeing their posts during my bi-monthly logins.)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Lightning and Kairi. (Pretty sure that's the right colour for her rank. It was all her own!) Erica for completely obvious reasons: PC would NOT be the place it is today without all of her efforts. Erica mentioned the debt that she owes to Kairi, and I'd reeeeeeeally echo that she had a massive influence on how I conducted myself around the forum and in my modding style as well.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Anyone remember Claire? I never talked to her one on one, but when I first joined I was oh god like 10. I was breaking all kinds of rules and getting in all kinds of trouble. She was nice about it and helped make me shape up and stop being a squib(indirectly of course, I knew she didn't give a poop about me haha). There was also Loki when she was around. She got me into making graphics way back when. Of course I quit all that >w>

Other than her, I really saw everyone else as friends, inspirations and acquaintances. Of course, I respected the staff but I didn't exactly look up to anyone.

Back