• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showering

How Long Do You [Typically] Shower For?

• < 9min

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • 10min

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • 15min

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • 20min

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • 25min+

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
If Im washing my hair,shaving and stuff, my showers can be kinda long, around half an hour.If not a few minutes.

Sirfetch’d

I shower for 20-30 minutes AT LEAST. I like to think when I am in the shower so I tend to stay in a while. Also no one is usually home when I shower so no one complains how long they are :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 27, 2013
5-15 minutes, usually. Might be 20 when shaving ;) Depends on how busy I am ;)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Just came out of a 1.5h bath (shower still not working). It was relaxing, but Hell, it sucks to shave in the bath! I cut myself in so many places because I couldn't get the right angle T.T

You don't understand the value of showering till you can't anymore lol

And if I took a 1.5h shower, my dad would kill me :P and probably turn the water off downstairs lol!

DeuceClubs

Boom Shakalaka
Years
Depends really. Most of the time I take 10 minutes. If it's one of those days...not going to specify since I have a lot of days...then it may take me up to an hour to get out of the shower. Usually three times a week for that, since long showers and baths are very soothing and relaxing, especially when it's the weekend :3

So basically sometimes it's ten, sometimes it's up to an hour. I just like taking fast showers you know.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I can take up to 2 hours when I'm showering, thankfully I don't get bothered so I can enjoy my wash in peace.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My showers generally take about 10 minutes. They used to take a lot longer but my parents' old house used to have maybe 20 minutes of hot water tops so out of paranoia I learnt to make my showers quicker. Sometimes I'll zone out but even then it's rare that a shower goes over 15 minutes for me since I like to be in and out quickly.

If I'm shaving more than just underarms, though, it takes me a lot longer 'cause I suck at it. But I rarely shave anyway because there's no point in it over the winter months and I very rarely wear anything but jeans or long pants. :P So I neglect my legs a lot.

I tend to shower once every two days with the occasional three day gap thrown in. Four or five (gross) days if I'm sick and can't manage a shower, which is unfortunately kind of often.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I shower every other day (or every other two days, like if I shower on Monday, I'll shower again on Thursday), usually before I leave to go somewhere (usually work). It really depends on how much I feel I need a shower. I wash my hair every single day, though.

My showers usually last around 10-15 minutes. I wash my hair when I get in, then my hair again, then my body, then my hair, then my face and then I get out and dry off and get dressed then go out of the bathroom until my hair dries (while drying my hair with a towel) and then I come back to style my hair when my hair is dry.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
usually i take less tan 15 minutes. when i wash my hair i take max 30mins
my twin sis takes almost an hour to wash her hair :/..my mom and dad shout at her a lot bcuz of this...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I answered 25+ minutes in the poll, but really it only takes me about 10-20 minutes to shower.I have three other people to share the shower with and so I try to conserve as much hot water as I can. I shower every other day or every other few days. I have any clothes I want to wear in the bathroom already hanging on a hanger. I like to warm up the water before going in. Once I'm in the shower I start by washing my body with soap and then wash my hair with shampoo. I like to think about stuff sometime before or during the time of washing myself which is why it usually takes a bit longer. You know, ponder things. And call me weird, but I usually walk out of the shower before turning it off. I don't know why really, maybe because I really hate those few seconds of cold or hot cold water when you turn one shower knob off. Once I'm out I dry my self off by starting with my hair and working my self down. Usually it's hair, face, chest, waist, legs and then feet. Then I put on the clothes I want to wear in the bathroom and then head out to the dining room where the hair dryer is and finish drying my hair more.

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I shower every other day (or every other two days, like if I shower on Monday, I'll shower again on Thursday), usually before I leave to go somewhere (usually work). It really depends on how much I feel I need a shower. I wash my hair every single day, though.

If I shower Monday morning, I'll shower again Wednesday morning. If I shower Tuesday morning, I shower again Thursday morning. Otherwise, I look disgusting.

I'm glad about these poll results and all this feedback :O I should show my dad so he can be thankful that my showers are only about 15-20min long. Some people are way longer! Though it seems the majority take showers about as long as me, and that's significant, too.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It's weird. I take approximately 10-15 minute showers and these are considered horrendously long by most of my family but horrendously short by most of my friends. To me, it's the shortest time necessary in order to wash my face/body, shampoo and condition my hair, as well as have a generally enjoyable time. Things like shaving and teeth brushing normally come before the shower, but since I do both every day (as well as shower), they don't take all that much time in the grand scheme of things.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Morning showers take between 5 to 10 minutes as I have to be up and out of the house early, but evening showers can take between 30 minutes to an hour, lol. In evening showers, I like to sit down in the shower and think about things, get in touch with my emotions, sing softly, etc. I find that long showers are the only times in which I am completely undisturbed by anything around me and I can do whatever it is that I need to do without thinking about anything else. I only have to shave once a week, so that's that I do in Sunday showers, the rest of that is spent cleaning or doing the previously mentioned soul searching. I just think that lying down (to the best of my ability) with the nozzle raining warm water on my scalp is something that I cannot rush at all, so I tend to sit there for who knows how long, lol. Sometimes I even fall asleep, lmao.
I don't have to worry about a water bill, as my town provides its own water through a tank system, so I pursue this lifestyle without thinking about how much it's costing me. Still have to pay for electricity, but that's fine.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
It honestly depends on my mood, sometimes I'm not really bothered and it takes 10 minutes and other times it can take up to 30 minutes, same reasons as Harlequin here, can't describe it any better than he did haha.

Years
When I go to the leisure centre, I often see people taking showers that last about 2 minutes :0 I always wonder how they clean themselves so fast. I guess it also takes a lot of discipline to shower quickly.

I take showers lasting roughly 10-20 minutes. Waste of hot water, but oh well what ya gonna do =P I know some people that have showers set on timers.

Years
I usually want to make my showers less than 10 minutes. Most of it is waiting for the shampoo to do its work.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I'm not going to go too in-depth, but the length of time I'm in the shower ranges from a measly two minutes to around 15-20 minutes.

I can't be in the shower for an extended period of time, because as soon as I'm dressed and all I'll be yelled at by my parents about water economy and how it's horrible for the environment to be using so much water.

Please.

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
For me the time it takes to bathe definitely depends on where I'm going first of all, a regular shower before school 10-15 minutes, 5 mins if I'm just going to the shop or something trivial like that and as long as an hour if I'm going somewhere special or for a special occasion.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
It's very very rare I ever go in for a shower, because I go in for a bath instead. But, if I do go in for a shower, it is normally around 20 minutes.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My showers take at least fifteen minutes because I have a hair and face routine in there that takes that long. I'm quicker on the nights I don't wash my hair, but the face part takes up most of the time because generally I can leave conditioner in my hair while I do my face for time economy.

Back