• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red: Generations (Hack Complete)

Ttar0914

Years
Pretty new to the whole gameboy hack world and im having difficulty with the download you posted. I'm downloading the 1.4 beta, but when i unzip it using Winrar, it just comes as a bunch of documents that I cant use with my emulator. Can anyone help me out? This stuffs pretty new to me.

There's a file called Pokemon Fire Red Generations Beta 1.4.ips a patching file. What you need to patch this is a clean Fire Red rom from
Spoiler:
and the program Lunar IPS. After you've downloaded both, open Lunar IPS and select Apply IPS Patch, choose the .ips file and your unzipped pokemon fire red rom and the patch was successful. If it still doesn't work even if you already have a fire red rom with a save state, make sure to rename the .gba file otherwise there will be a lot of glitches.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
What does the old man does, who stand in vermillion city next to the pokecenter? I can't talk to him. :c

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hello, just made an account specifically to ask a question about this:
I've been wanting to play Moemon and decided that version Fire Red would be the one for me. Soooo I went looking for videos on youtube, found a nuzlocke with multiple hacks and thought "SSSSSICK!" and went around looking for more to add. I found myself here. I downloaded both .ips patches yesterday (generations and moemon) and found that the battle system got really glitchy looking when I went into any battle. So I tried a different moemon, and it did the same thing. A third, and I wasn't able to get past the intro with Oak, it went black screen. In the end my question is: is it even possible for me to run another sprite changing patch along with this without there being a problem? Or can it not be done? I thank you for any replies in the future.

*Post-post* So I've also decided to use unlz.GBA to start moving the sprites over from one patched Fire Red to another. Now as a question, if I DO pull this off and change the sprites, would you want me to give it over or something? Thanks for future replies.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I want to play this but I don't know how. Either I'm missing something or I'm blatantly stupid. I downloaded the files but I don't know what to do now. I've never really played a rom or rom hack before.

Ttar0914

Years
I don't know if this has been posted before, but after your victory against Jessie and James some creepy things happen: the screen looks like it is distorted (it happens when Jessie and James are leaving the map) and instead of James there's a down arrow now. But luckily it didn't freeze the game, the screen goes back to normal when you fly to another place for example six island.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
I made an account just to post this. Great mod btw huge fan. Only problem I've encountered is 6th island is really buggy down by where you fight jessie and james. If you run into a wild pokemon in the grass and they are on your screen, you'll take control of them in a 2x2 box radius you cannot walk out of and only flying away fixes the state but it happens every time. When you finally get to fight them, afterwords it glitches pretty bad and you have to fly away. Also, the wild pokemon in the surf area above cinnabar island before the dead end are still low level. One more thing, way earlier in the game, i had that same problem in lavender town in the pokemon tower - that one square is buggy on the 3rd (?) lvl i believe. I saw someone mentioned it in a post before. Other than that, great game!

The fun part came when I had to figure out how to convert 64k flash save states to 128K -_-

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Been playing this recently, a lot of fun, I like the challenge, and being able to get all the Pokemon, but I have one question.

Where the hell is Shuckle? I can't find one for the life of me, and I'm running out of other things to do, haha.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
I found another issue. I caught Mew the proper way in top left corner of cerulean cave, same floor as mewtwo, but it won't obey me.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 29, 2014
I don't know if this question has been asked but who's going to upgrade your pokedex to the national mode? :S
I'm also wondering about this.

I've played for about 1 hour, and the Pokedex only updates when I catch one of the original 150 pokemon (not the other generations). Is the pokedex going to automatically update with the pokemon I have caught from the other generations when I get the national pokedex?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
Found another issue. The pokemon in the Green Path on 6th Island are still low level.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I'm also wondering about this.

I've played for about 1 hour, and the Pokedex only updates when I catch one of the original 150 pokemon (not the other generations). Is the pokedex going to automatically update with the pokemon I have caught from the other generations when I get the national pokedex?

60+ types of Pokemon caught, beat the Elite Four. Same as the original game, though in this hack it'd be beneficial if you could get it much sooner than that.

Just an FYI, once you get the National Dex, it DOES update to whatever you've already caught. Thankfully.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2014
Hey. First of all, wonderful hack, I've enjoyed every second of it...Up until fighting the Elite four. I don't know if it's a bug on my end or I've done something wrong, but after the credits, the game brings me back to a new game. Any ideas how to fix this?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to catch all 386 in this game, but I can't find Shuckle. Is it included in this game?
Same problem here. I can't find Shuckle. Is it include in the game but not in the location files?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
An alternative patch has been released using sprites from Pokémon Black and White replacing the original sprites from FRLG, there are still 386 Pokémon. Special thanks to The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource for allowing this to be done.

Can be downloaded here, or found at the attachment on the first page.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
Kuryente, Pechay, XD found one of your screenshots. I'm from Philippines by the way. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
Cat
Are you aware that all the Pokemon from the third generation have sprites that are half cut out when in battle, this only applies from the version with the new sprites, is there a way to fix this as it is very irritating?

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
I started with a Clamperl and I know it evolves into two different Pokemon with one of two different items attached prior to being traded. Either the deepseascale or deepseatooth.
With the new evolution system, do these items work like the stones or is there a different method to evolution? Are the evolutions gender based?
It would be helpful to know how the new evolution system works in the first post instead of having people guess. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 24, 2016
Battle.png
Congratulations, you just made my day! I might play this.

Back