• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
Pokemon Alliance

Taking pokemon out of the fuzzy and soft world and into a darker toned, war afflicted one...

28642339mj4.jpg

:11:a Wast-ed Productions ltd. Game:11:

It's a hack of Fire Red

:2: Features
:2:
:pokeball: An insane storyline set to be one of epic proportions
- much darker, and very involved storyline, in comparison to the official games
:pokeball: Brand new world to explore
- Freeroaming areas that give rise to exploration like that found in The legend of Zelda
:pokeball: Fancy new graphical work
- Including but not limited to:
- New spritework, new palletes, New tiles, new overworlds
:pokeball: 4th gen pokemon (eventually)
:pokeball: new music (down the line)

:17: Plot Outline :17:

:pokeball: You start out on our world.The real world. No pokemon at all, infact they were never conceived at all. You were on your way back from a field trip to the zoo, when your bus broke down. Now you are hanging out in a field in the woods waiting of the repair truck to arrive. After some encouragement, you try to talk with this one girl (or boy eventually) and ask them out. Just as things start to get interesting, a storm appears. Everyone runs into this nearby cave, and everything goes dark. You wake up inside a cave alone, dazed, and with a massive headache.

:pokeball: You walk outside to try and find the field and everyone else, only to be in some encampment. You wander around trying to get your bearings, till you meet one of your "friends." You try to find out what's going on here and it turns out that your in a completely different world, and are strangely enough the leader of a group of freedom fighters who are fighting in a seemingly endless battle with the totalitarian regime ruling the land...

:pokeball: All this weirdness is coupled w/ the fact that there's these things called "pokemon" that everyone has and you've nvr seen before, even though you have your own already.
(The fact tht you dont remember having pkmn b4 brings another interesting plot dynamic to the table.This alternate earth has alt versions of everyone from our earth, and during the course of the journey, you will meet up w/ old friends who may or may not recall your earth, and might even be your enemies here.)

:pokeball: You have to unite the many different rebel groups together to try and stop the totalitarian forces from conquering more than just this earth, but our earth as well. Your only way home appears to be in the hands of the army.

:pokeball:The fate of not only this world, but our world rest on your shoulders, can you handle it?

:snea:Screenshots :snea:
Spoiler:

:os: Banners and Bars :latias:
Spoiler:

:chu:Current Team:chu:

Myself: lead designer, map touchups/finalizing, concept and story
Link119: co-mapper, secondary designer, approvals
Teh Blaziken: Tertiary designer co-Mapper, sprite critiquer, Script inserter (my own copy of pokescript wont compile :/)
Mistersmeargle: Hero Sprites

:15: Thanks go out to :15:

thethethethe, meggido, TB Pro! for scripting help
Earthvisitor + Erimguard for getting me back into hacking.
Heatran for his advice and help
Wah+PHO for rombase/tiles
Donpatch for tiles
Other people that have assisted me in my progress.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
ah dang, I had a plot similar to this one (In the band of rebels way) i wanted to use after I completed Threads of Reality :P

Last edited:

Antwhan

Years
lol well sorry i beat ya to the punch here man, but you shoud work on deloping a single hack the best u can make it and not try to make a lot, Once you start it's the long haul if u think u can handle the journey....

hacks take a long time to complete and perfect and just thinking up stories isnt going to get u places ^_^

Years
yeah... i as of now i'm doing touch ups of maps made by my friend....he's improving but not spectacular....

If you want a mapper you should ask around many people want to be mappers in a hack (only few are good) but you should try it...
You should try in team discussions [non-inc.]reqruitment thingy...

Antwhan

Years
i was scanning over the non inc thread, but they're full of peopel who have no idea how to do anything....

maybe someone else in team alpha is up for helping me...i wanna wrk w/ what i got 1st and get a alpha made b4 i go and try to get prolific people or anyone tied to it ..

I'm gonna keep my friend as mapper for the time being since he's the only one of my irl friends who was up for actually wrking on a hack...even though he takes 4ever to map... I'm just 2 loyal to let him go....

Years
lol i could be a beta tester.. xD
i'm still new to hacking lol so i can't do anything yet except finding for bugs....

Antwhan

Years
wow...someone found my hack, after i hvnt made any progress since....

well actually that's not completely true...nothing major has been done, still wrking on getting stuff together b4 i release anything worth seeing...

my mapper is lazy, and no spriters hve offered help, but i hvnt been looking either thouhg so...

i guess i'll take this chance to ask again for a spriter, or at least anyone who is good at resizing sprites for assistance on at least that aspect. more mappers or any other help aside from beta testers would be appricated....

some updates inbound w/in the nxt week or 2

on that note i take my leave..

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Well that's no good!
lol!
I hope you get some progress completed!
Lookin' like a pretty good hack so far!
BOL!

Antwhan

Years
well...my supposed team fell through and now i'm left with my lazy mapper...

i call shenanigans. OPEN CASTING CALL!

Sprite indexer for 4th generation Pokemon
General Spriter
a mapper that would actually work

any other help would be accepted, we dont rly need a scripter as of yet since i'm wrking on that, but if anyone else wants to offer services the help will be appricated.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I can map for you!
I'll join on one condition okay?
Please don't beg me to map for you when I don't do it.
I have a hack that I am working on so I'll map when I can.
I am a good a mapper just ask: Itman1234, Or Kebbles!

I will not be lazy tho I promise!

Antwhan

Years
I acquiesce to your terms teh blaziken. And understand about your hack, I too am an assistant on one *cough*rocket's revenge*cough* and wont force you and such.

Maybe i shud explain my seeming hate for mappers. i dotn hate mappers, on the contrary i love them, one of the mre essential things in a hack. The one i have though has done a total of 3 maps over the course of 3 months, and mst hve been subpar. Shure he's a neophite but i cant cut him since he's the only irl friend i hve that wanted to wrk on a hack with me.

anyway that makes the staff 3!
Blaze, i could sned u ur assignments however u want, msn, pms, aim email...just tell me alright?

still looking for a spriter of any flavor.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I acquiesce to your terms teh blaziken. And understand about your hack, I too am an assistant on one *cough*rocket's revenge*cough* and wont force you and such.

Maybe i shud explain my seeming hate for mappers. i dotn hate mappers, on the contrary i love them, one of the mre essential things in a hack. The one i have though has done a total of 3 maps over the course of 3 months, and mst hve been subpar. Shure he's a neophite but i cant cut him since he's the only irl friend i hve that wanted to wrk on a hack with me.

anyway that makes the staff 3!
Blaze, i could sned u ur assignments however u want, msn, pms, aim email...just tell me alright?

still looking for a spriter of any flavor.

Thank you man!

Oh wow that's slow!

Well do you have an MSN Messenger account?
If not PM works fine for me!

Antwhan

Years
Tone1102@hotmail is my msn s/n usually i use aim but i go on msn from tiem to tiem....
hit me up with yours

(edited w/ an update post ccccombo)

I call the thread to life again! if anyone wants to submit sprites for the project they are welcome to do so.

I'm looking for an unusual sprite set, that offers some challenge ( I think ) as far as oiginal ideas goes.

Army-styled units such as:
* Generic soldiers male and female
* higher ranked officer sprites of various ranks
* generals and assorted boss characters (inquire cause spoilers possible if u wish to mke sprites for these)

Hero/Heroine sprites
Looking for a hero rly but heroine will be added i guess once major stuff out of the way...

hat-less hero would be something i'm looking for...no other requirements (I'm open liek that) If you spriters need more to run with then i'll wrk on some other specs i guess.

If anyone is willing to or has indexed 4th gen pkmn i ask for your help as well.

let's see on progress...got some scripts wrking which is good. Mappers are a'mappin'.

I implore any spriter to give me sumthing to run with as army guys go...

thanx to mappers teh blaziken (who's maps hve looked good from his own hack) and link119 (who had better show me some more of the maps he's wrking on) for the help with my large idea...

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I would be happy to Let you have some of my Indexed D/P Pokemon if you would like.
Offtopic: Sorry I left ya' hangin' on AIM, but itm would not let me send any messages man!
On Topic: I finished that map for you before you left for DC, but I never gat a chance to send it to you. Stupid AIM!

Antwhan

Years
considering the spriter shortage that consistently plagues the pkmn hack realm, and i'm inability to sprite as i've said b4, i welcome mistersmeargle to the position of lead spriter. Welcome aboard.

Update time (I guess?)

Myself: lead designer, map touchups/finalizing, concept and story
Link119: co-mapper, secondary designer, approvals
Teh Blaziken: co-Mapper, sprite indexer
Mistersmeargle: Lead Spriter

• MS (if u dont mnd the shortening) pm, im msn me for info on an assignment i have for you.

• also there will be color changes to certain pokemon to adjust their colors to suit the enviroment better,
    bright colored ones may be toned down to give a better feel to the grim atmosphere ( think naranja if you will)
    currently there's only scizor who has gone from bright red into a very evil & updated look more suiting for him. sprites will be demoed in screenies in due time. :)

• the list of cuts from current pokemon gens has gone through finalizing, and 4th gen approvals are pending.

• major maps hve been completed and after small touchups may be posted afterwards.

• Thanx are due to blaziken for helping spur on major movement in my other mapper and my own scripting speed. He is a major asset to the team. (no pressure MS lol jk jk ;) )

ALSO: I hope to include a new interesting concept in this game as far as gameplay goes, details are highly classified atm but all I am willing to devulge is that i need confirmation on weather or not i can hex more than 5 evos to a given pokemon, as that will influence this idea slightly in it's execution.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I don't usually help new hackers, but I'll map for u if u like.
I created Mystical Glacier, check out the thread, and yeah just PM if you want me to...
Best of luck.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back