• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Yay!
Genesis is back up.
The new textbox is looking great Thrace.
I've been waiting long for this and I can still wait for the "Oh, so (hopefully) fantastic Beta",
Keep up the good work, Thrace.

(It's sad you didn't win the HotY but, Meh :P
2nd place isn't bad)

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
The beta says invalid link, please contact the ..etc. :\ Is it just me?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
@Thrace:

Your fairy tale.
"
"In the beginning, there was only a churning turmoil of chaos. At the heart of chaos, where all things became one, appeared an Egg. Having tumbled from the vortex, the Egg gave rise to the Original One. From itself, two beings the Original One did make. Time started to spin. Space began to expand. From itself again, three living things the Original One did make. The two beings wished, and from them, matter came to be. The three living things wished, and from them, spirit came to be. The world created, the Original One took to an unyielding sleep...""

That thing.
It's like a legend.

=/
He was referring to the fact I had two features in the list that were the same.

What this hack needs is a new overworld sprite. I never liked the FireRed sprite. It's too generic. Other than that this hack looks great. I love the title screen.
It'll be changed as soon as Esmas is done with it.

Woot my favourite hack is back :)

Looking good so far from what I see :)

Is there much difference between Beta 2 and 3(Besides story development and such) ?
Uh, a little bit here and there. I don't want to reveal too much, just play and find out.

The beta says invalid link, please contact the ..etc. :\ Is it just me?
Thats because I deleted it, the one I uploaded had some problems, the new one is up now.

Beta 3 is out now. It goes up to the event in the Palerose gym. A cliff-hanger ending of sorts as you'll find out when you play. Link is in the first post.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Woot just in time for Christmas down under
Great job Trace I hope that this will go further than anyother hack

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2009
There is a tile error at the entrance of Felridge city Gym. There is a ship overlapping the entrance and the signboard

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
There is a tile error at the entrance of Felridge city Gym. There is a ship overlapping the entrance and the signboard
Uh thanks for that, don't know how the OW suddenly changed. Its fixed now though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2009
I am unable to deliver dad's parcel cuz I cant find him anywhere. So i have no pokeballs at all

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
I am unable to deliver dad's parcel cuz I cant find him anywhere. So i have no pokeballs at all

That might be because of the map being corrupted,
that happened to me aswell, so I opened the Beta
in A-Map to see if I could fix it, and all of sudden I got lots
and lots of errors.

Thrace, would you mind checking this?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
That might be because of the map being corrupted,
that happened to me aswell, so I opened the Beta
in A-Map to see if I could fix it, and all of sudden I got lots
and lots of errors.

Thrace, would you mind checking this?
The same thing happened to me...
But there are 2 person events on the map you can't find anywhere...
So..
A new thread. Looks great! Keep it up!

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years

If you were refering to missing sprites, same thing happened to me. I'd fix it on A-map as well however I don't know how to, so...any suggestions?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Somehow the event data was corrupted. I repointed the data and it should work now. I've reuploaded it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2009
yea, i cant get into the felridge city gym either. this looks to be an interesting game though. from what ive seen, i like the rival being a friend concept.
Also the player's house has an error with the staircase. when going down from the staircase, you end up next to the front door.

However, I dont like trapinch as a starter because of his horrible moveset and late evolution. Is it possible to edit the moves he learns or can learn and add a few interesting things? also, the balance between starters is pretty big. Ampharos is easily the weakest while walrein the strongest.

I do like the idea of stepping away from the norm though. Most ppl make games similar to the originals, but this looks to be very different.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
yea, i cant get into the felridge city gym either. this looks to be an interesting game though. from what ive seen, i like the rival being a friend concept.
Also the player's house has an error with the staircase. when going down from the staircase, you end up next to the front door.

However, I dont like trapinch as a starter because of his horrible moveset and late evolution. Is it possible to edit the moves he learns or can learn and add a few interesting things? also, the balance between starters is pretty big. Ampharos is easily the weakest while walrein the strongest.

I do like the idea of stepping away from the norm though. Most ppl make games similar to the originals, but this looks to be very different.

Actually Thrace has edited the starters a bit, all of them should be roughly equal, like any starters now.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016

can't enter the first gym :/
>_<

Ok its fixed now, I had the warp in the wrong place. New patch is up...

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Oooh, this project looks quite awesome, Thrace :3

I've always liked the whole 'evil cooperation' sort of thing, like Silph Co. in FR/LG, so this really appeals to me. I'll see about downloading it sometime this week; I highly look forward to playing :D

Good luck with everything <3

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2009
when i got to latim city, bottom right house, i talked to the guy there and my game froze.

Sucks now, cuz my trapinch was level 23 and it was a long time before i saved last. It also took me so long to beat the first gym with trapinch. It was level 20 when i beat it.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
There are plenty of Flying Pokemon to assist you with the first gym. Any of Pidgey, Tailow, Spearow or Hoothoot would do. And you should save more often, assume something can aways go wrong.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Trapinch reminds me of Mareep, my starter...
In the previous beta available, Mareep had, er, pound?

Don't know if in the new beta, Mareep still has it but if so, it would be more appropriate for Mareep to have Tackle instead, since pound requires arms or paws or PKMN standing on two legs(don't know with Treecko in the anime)... :\

Back