• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Username: Superstrength79
Character Name: Casey
female.gif

Game: Pokemon Y
Spoiler:

Current Team:
- Blossom (Vileplume, Calm, Chlorophyll, Black Sludge) LVL 64 - Dazzling Gleam/Hidden Power (Fighting)/Giga Drain/Venoshock
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 62 - Shadow Sneak/Pain Split/Seed Bomb/Flamethrower
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye, Sky Plate) LVL 65 - Night Slash/Brave Bird/Fly/Air Cutter
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Rocky Helmet) LVL 67 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Black Glasses) LVL 56 - Night Slash/Flamethrower/Psycho Cut/Detect
- Trex (Pupitar, Lax, Shed Skin, Lucky Egg) LVL 50 - Dark Pulse/Rock Smash/Bulldoze/Crunch

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #12

Route 18:

Caught a Pupitar and named him Trex. Got all of the items laying around the map and defeated the trainers.

Terminus Cave:

Caught a Graveler and named him Rocky (original, right?). Got all of the items and defeated the trainers.

Couriway Town:

Got all of the items in the North part of town, and then battled the Professor. He killed Paula (thought she could one-shot Venusaur with a Psychic). Took out his Pokemon and went back to the Pokemon Center. Put Paula in the dead box and grabbed Dodger again. Taught Dodger the move Flamethrower in preparation for the Ice gym.

Caught a Poliwag while fishing. Named her Gawilop. Leaving her in the bank most likely.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Username:KillerCroCohen
Game: Platinum
Optional rules:
*Nicknaming
*Black\white out=Game over
*Dupes clause
*A personal one for me- Randomizing my ,the rival and the pokemons' names via a site.

So as i said, randomizing my name and got Neemias...greek name,masculine, love it!
My rival is named Conrado.
My starter is Turtwig, and after i saw he was a boy, he was named "Stig"...idk what that name means LOL. Anyway, i got my pokeballs, and went back to 201 to catch a lil pokemon, and it's a...Bidoof. Yay..? I guess i have to, so i caught him and named him "Radoslav".
I also caught a female Shinx on 202 and her name is "Zisel".
After getting the watch thing, i was off tro route 204, catching a Starly,male,named "Sakari".
Then i was doing some grinding and battling to the 10s, finally changed my text speed (that was horrible, all the mediumness)...got a female Zubat at ravaged path, her name is Nastya.
I beat up Conrado on 203 and then went to 218 and caught a Magikarp,female, named "Xiu", then went back to Jubilife, boxed her and returned to 203. I didn't catch anything because i've ssen the same pokemon 3 times in a row, meaning i can't catch anything else on this route...damn abras teleporting.

Pretty productive day, caught 6 pokemon,5 in-party and one boxed:

Gonna do a party update next time!

Years
Username: Flame999
Game: Fire Red
Optional Rules:
the rules I'll be doing
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
You must change the battle style to SET.
You may only have 2 Pokémon Centre visit per town.
You may only use PokéBalls.
My Starter is as follow 1 -3 Grass 4 -6 Water 7 -9 Fire as the last number on my trainer card
if I get a Black out my challenge is over

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Username: Huntsman06
Game: Fire Red

Rules
  • Pokemon must be nicknamed
  • No items purchasable, excluding regular pokeballs
  • No use of VS seeker
  • May not use any type advantage for Gyms (Elite 4 excluded)
  • No held items
  • Poke center only usable once per town visit (repeatable upon later visits)
  • No flying to/from towns (includes victory rode!)
  • Gyms must be defeated without exiting the Gym prior to completion
  • Traditional dying/catching Nuzlocke rules

Pokemon Requirements
  • 3 Party members may be able to/choose not to evolve
  • Starter Pokemon cannot be used
  • Jynx, Electabuzz, or Magmar must be part of party. Only the one the same type as starter (Bulbusaur and Jynx together of course)

Cause of Game Over: Blackout

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Yo i'm back with some more Pt Nuzlocke!

episode #2-That's Nasty(a)

So after the Abra incident on 203, i continued to train up and caught a Psyduck on Oreburgh gate, named "Evgeniy". I battled some trainers in the cave and came to Oreburgh, only to find out the leader, Roark, isn't there. So i went and caught a female Ponyta on 207, nicknamed "Sasha". I also caught a Geodude in the mine named "Shelly".
The fight was bitter-sweet, because we won the badge (1/8)..but lost Nastya the Zubat. Not a very valuable team member but well...still.
So it marks our first death and first major win.
R.I.P...
I put Shelly the Geodude on the team instead for the Rock-smashing, and replaced Evgeniy with Sasha.
I met team Glactic for the first time and defeated their...stupid ass pokemens.
Sakari evolved into a Staravia! YAY!

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
3RD UPDATE:
Spoiler:

BADGES:
Spoiler:
PARTY:
Spoiler:

IN THE BOX:
Spoiler:

DEATHS:
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler:

Years
Indiana2solo
Pokemon Y
You must nickname all of your Pokemon.
A black out/white is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
You must change the battle style to SET.
No Legendary Pokemon

Name: Mr. Friendly

Mr. Friendly finally decided it was time to leave his mothers attic. This was of course only because Grace (his mother) managed to secure Mr. Friendly a pokemon of his own. After feeling like an outsider at a table with a bunch of immature youngsters Mr. Friendly headed out with his new pokemon Boppi.

Soon after learning how to catch pokemon (as if the 28 year old couch potato hadn't looked this up on the internet at least once) he caught himself a little racoon guy he nicknamed ZigZag and then promptly decided to never use again.
His hopes down trodden he moved into Viridian Forrest. Wait, what? Ok, not Viridian forrest and caught himself a little red bird pokemon, TweetsMcGee became his new favorite pal!

On the other end of the forrest Tweets and Mr. Friendly found ZaZa a little blue gal with a big ball dragging behind it as if it was a convict. But Mr. Friendly could sense Huge Power within ZaZa and so took her along. Boppi had a very negative nature and was killing Mr. Friendly's vibe so he quickly moved Boppi to the back where he played no part in Mr. Friendly's glorious victory over Viola, the bug type gym leader.

Active Team:
ZaZa- Azuril lv 14
Charm
Bubble Beam
Tail Whip
Water Sport

TweetsMcGee- Fletchling lv. 15
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Peck

Boppi- Chespin lv. 9
Tackle
Growl
Vine Whip
Rollout

ZigZag- Zigzagoon lv. 4
Who cares

RIP:
N/A

Storage:
N/A

This is my first challenge so let me know if I have done something wrong.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Username: Superstrength79
female.gif

Spoiler:

Current Team:
- Lil' Boo (Pumpkaboo, Bold, Frisk, Eviolite) LVL 67 - Shadow Sneak/Leech Seed/Seed Bomb/Flamethrower
- Quacklin' (Farfetch'd, Jolly, Keen Eye, Sky Plate) LVL 65 - Night Slash/Brave Bird/Fly/Cut
- Thumper (Steelix, Impish, Rock Head, Rocky Helmet) LVL 67 - Iron Tail/Stone Edge/Bulldoze/Double-Edge
- Dodger (Absol, Calm, Super Luck, Black Glasses) LVL 63 - Night Slash/Ice Beam/Psycho Cut/Detect
- Toad (Amoonguss, Lax, Effect Spore, Black Sludge) LVL 49 - Energy Ball, Hidden Power: Ice, Sludge Bomb, Synthesis)
- Rocky (Graveler, Adamant, Rock Head, Soft Sand) LVL 49 - Smack Down/Earthquake/Bulldoze/Stealth Rock

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #13

Route 19:

Caught a Quagsire and named it Sir Swagz. It died relatively fast to a trainer with a Gardevoir... completely spaced that they have Grass-type moves. RIP buddy.

Route 20:

Caught a Gothorita and named him Nails. He evolved after gaining a level. Modest/Competitive, very sweet... aaaand died to a trainer in the woods. Another case of forgetting a Pokemon learns a super-effective move. *sigh*

Pokemon Village:

Caught an Amoonguss and named it Toad. Not exceptional at all, but a good replacement for...

Snowbelle City:

Beat the gym, but Blossom died. She could have taken another Ice Beam to the face, but the lucky SOB got a crit on her. She was a great Pokemon, but everything dies in Nuzlocke :/

Replaced her with Toad and hopefully he can do a good job. (EDIT: Toad's Hidden Power is Ice! Totally going to destroy dragons with this guy)

Last edited:
Years
I'm starting a Sacred Gold Nuzlocke Run

Optional Rules:
*5 Chances for Dupes Clause: If I already caught the first Pokemon in a route, I can try again. But I can only do this 5 times for each route. If I have already caught this 5 pokemon I can't catch any other pokemon.

*First Caught, First Trained: If a Pokemon dies, I have to replace it with the first Pokemon in my box. Also I can't box Pokemon if I want to train another one.

*Revive: If I find a Revive (only finding) I can revive the last fallen Pokemon. This rule also counts for Max Revive and revival herb.

*Battle Style: Set

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Well I am going to do two nuzlocke's simultaneously first up
Blaze Black 2 hack
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Second nuzlocke
Sacred Gold hack
Spoiler:

Years
Update 1+2
Story:
Spoiler:

Current Team
Spoiler:

Boxed
Spoiler:

R.I.P
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Blaze Black Update #1
Story
Spoiler:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Hi, after not being here i decided im bored.
-Caught a pink Shellos on Valley windworks,named Yuri.
-Stig evolved into Grotle.
-I found a shellos 3 times so i didn't catch anything on 205.
-Zisel died.
-Radoslav died.
-I put Sasha and Xiu unstead and trained. A LOT.
-I caught a Buneary named "Puff". (I decided to drop the random name thing)

I fought Gardenia and lost so cross me outta the list

Cpt. Ganondorf

Triforce Holder
Years
Wow the hardest part of this challenge sounds like the beginning since you have to release your starter! Is there a recommended game to do this for?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
CHALLENGE COMPLETE!

Username:
Superstrength79
female.gif

Spoiler:

nuzlocke-feb2014.png

Spoiler:

Storage:
Spoiler:

R.I.P.
Spoiler:

Update #14

Victory Road Entrance:

Lost Rocky to the gatekeeper (Raichu has Grass Knot? Ok...). I was suspecting a trick, but forgot I didn't have Sturdy on Rocky :(

Route 21:

Caught an Altaria and named her Skyler. Defeated all of the trainers and collected the items. Did a lot of grinding on my backup Pokemon and Skyler.

Victory Road:

Caught a Druddigon and named him Red-Head. Likely not going to use him at all. Got all of the items and defeated all of the trainers. Poised to finish the challenge today (wish me luck)!

Update #15

Elite Four & Champion:

Siebold: Lil' Boo was my Lead. Siebold led off with his Clawitzer. Lil' Boo took a few Dark Pulse attacks to the face (scary), but I spammed Seed Bomb and was able to take it out (and Siebold wasted all of his Full Restores on it). Switched out on Gyrados, into Toad, and then into Thumper (Toad wasn't taking hits well). Thumper took out Gyrados with a few Double-Edge attacks. Barbacle came in and I swapped into... Toad I believe. Starmie came in and I switched to Skyler, but after seeing the Dazzling Gleams coming my way, I went into Lil' Boo again and took it out with Seed Bomb.

Wikstrom: Led off with Lil' Boo again. Wikstrom led with Klefki. Klefki laid out some Spikes and Lil' Boo kept spamming Flame Charge, until the Torment happened. Tossed out a Leech Seed and then switched between Flame Charge and Shadow Sneak. Eventually took out Klefki (Wikstrom wasted all his Full Restores on it). Stayed in on Aegislash and actually managed to survive a few Shadow Claw attacks, while getting Leech Seed heals and switching between Flame Charge and Shadow Sneak while healing. Stayed in on Scizor, but had to swap in Thumper when Lil' Boo was taking too much damage (and she couldn't use Flame Charge due to Torment). Thumper took out Scizor with a few Bulldoze attacks. Stayed in on Probopass and a few Bulldoze attacks easily took it out.

Malva: Led off with Thumper. Malva led with her Pyroar. Took a Fireblast to the face and thought Bulldoze would 2HKO, but it didn't (Pyroar used her Noble Roar on the first turn). Had a free switch into Skyler when Malva used a Full Restore. Took out Pyroar with a few Dragon Pulse attacks. Torkoal came out and I stayed in and took it out with two Dragon Pulse attacks. Talonflame came out, so I went into Thumper again. Healed him up and took the Brave Bird easily. Talonflame switched to Flare Blitz, which started to do some damage, so I had to heal once more in between missing with my Stone Edge attacks. Chandelure was her last Pokemon and I switched into Skyler and finished it with Dragon Pulse.

Drasna: Led off with Dodger (taught her Ice Beam for some dragon killing). Drasna led off with her Dragalge. Took Dragalge out with three Psycho Cut attacks (Full Restore boo). Altaria came out for Drasna. OHKO with Ice Beam. Druddigon came out and went to half from another Ice Beam... and then killed Dodger with Revenge (oops). Sent out Skyler again and took Druddigon out with two Moonblast attacks (used her last Full Restore). Noivern was tough, but I won the Dragon Pulse battle by healing Skyler a few times (Leftovers helped a lot).

Diantha: Led with Skyler. Diantha led with Hawlucha and I took it out with one Moonblast. She sent out Aurorus. I foolishly stayed in with Skyler, but Aurorus missed with three Blizzard attacks (nice). I wasn't doing much damage at all with Dragon Pulse, so I should have switched, but I gambled that Diantha would use a Full Restore on it... she didn't. Skyler finally went down (from full health) to a Blizzard. Switched into Thumper and took Aurorus out with a Bulldoze. Diantha sent in Tyrantrum and I switched to either Lil' Boo or Toad. I think I swapped out into another Pokemon after seeing the Crunch attacks; probably Thumper. I think Tyrantrum killed itself from Rocky Helmet damage (so yeah, probably Thumper). Gourgeist came out and kept using Phantom Force, and after I got tired of that I switched into Quacklin' to cancel the attack. Took Gourgeist out with a Brave Bird. Diantha sent in Goodra and I switched into Thumper expecting a Thunder attack. Thunder attack as predicted, but then Goodra switched to Focus Blast (yikes). Was taken down to 1 HP and switched back into Quacklin'. Quacklin' survived the Focus Blast and I healed it up before taking out Goodra with another Brave Bird. Diantha sent out her Gardevoir and I chanced not getting recoil death on Quacklin' and used Brave Bird to win the match.

Last edited:
Years
Sacred Gold Update 3:
Story:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spoiler:

Boxed:
Spoiler:

R.I.P:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 16, 2016
Pokemon Sacred Gold Update #2
Spoiler:

Update Three
Spoiler:

Challenge Status
Spoiler:

jammi567

Game: Pokemon HeartGold
Main Rules:

• Fainted Pokemon are 'dead', and must be boxed or released
  • Must nickname all Pokemon
  • Must always capture the first Pokemon on each route
  • White/Blackout is Game Over, even with Pokemon in the PC
  • Cannot reset if something bad happens

Optional Rules:

• Dupes clause in effect - if I encounter a Pokemon I have already encountered on another route, and can kill it, and have 5 more chances to catch a new Pokemon
  • Must fight every battle - wild and Trainers
  • If Trainer ID ends in 1-3, Grass Type; 4-6 Fire Type; 7-9 Water Type
  • Challange begins when I first have access to PokeBalls

Progress Log #1:

• Deleted old data and started a new game. Sped through dialogue aqap and named myself James
  • Went downstairs, got Menu options from mum (?) and set the text speed to Fast
  • Went outside, bumped into pointless rival, and went to the lab to get my first Pokemon
  • Trainer ID was '62953', so picked Chikorita as my starter - nicknamed him Chicory
  • Left Lab, spoke to mum and Prof. Elm, and made my way to Cherrygrove City. Whilst there, gor myself some Running Shoes.
  • Healed up, and went to Mr Pokemon's house, making sure not to run away from any wild encounters
  • Reached the house, got the Mystery Egg and Pokedex, healed up, and received a phonecall from Prof. Elm, asking me to get back to the Lab
  • Got back to Cherrygrove, and fought my Rival for the first time. Naturally, he used a Cyndaquil, but I kicked his ass easily
  • Made my way home, got accused of stealing the Pokemon, and named my Rival Peter
  • Afterwards, went back to Route 29, where 'rival' showed me how to capture Pokemon, and also gave me PokeBalls
  • Finally! On Route 29, caught a Sentret (Ferret), and on Route 46, caught a Spearow (Sparrow)
  • On Route 30, caught a Caterpie (Caterpill) and fought everyone's favourite Youngster.
  • On Route 31, I caught a Bellsprout (Venus) and in Dark Cave a Zubat (Bram)
  • Healed up in the Violet City Pokemon Centre, and deposited Venus and Bram into one box, and renamed another box 'Death'

Current Team:

Spr_4h_152.png

Chicory: Lvl. 10; Hasty Nature

Spr_4h_161.png

Ferret: Lvl. 7; Gentle Nature

Spr_4h_021.png

Sparrow: Lvl. 7; Hardy Nature

Spr_4h_011.png

Caterpill: Lvl. 7; Adamant Nature

Boxed Pokemon:

Spr_4h_041_f.png

Bram: Lvl. 2; Rash Nature