• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Oh god, that is terrible news for LC :| Don't cancel it, please! All of the community don't want this hack to be canceled :|

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Oh god, that is terrible news for LC :| Don't cancel it, please! All of the community don't want this hack to be canceled :|

I agree with 596745 It would be so awersome to have a Crystal remake for Gameboy Advance please dont cancel the game

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
this project can not die you have worked to long and hard on the project. The entire community is behind this hack don't let a good thing die. We had enough heart break when Shiny Gold went into exile dont let LC have the same fate

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
Sorry guys but I quit. I'm no longer working on this. Hate to be an emo, but I won't be a major loss to the project. I'm sure LaZ will find a better graphical artist.

I'm quitting because I want to be what I've always wanted to be - A used car salesman in a seagull outfit. Cya. :/

NO! bad >.> Seagulls have diseases.... If you're going to get a disease from bird feathers be a car salesman in a raven outfit >.>

(Wait how am I supposed to take it seriously when you said the outfit is made of real seagull feathers? >.> On top of that you and LaZ's banter after that doesn't seem to serious >.> if it is you sir have found the funniest way to quit anything.)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Well, regardless of what Zeikku is doing, I'm quitting LC. Simple as that.

Hehe I joke I'm not quitting don't worry! Instead I have an update. Kanto part 3 has been tested, and i'm now onto Kanto part 4, which isn't made yet. It will be made then tested and then I can move onto the final touches, then the final test.

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
Well, regardless of what Zeikku is doing, I'm quitting LC. Simple as that.

Hehe I joke I'm not quitting don't worry! Instead I have an update. Kanto part 3 has been tested, and i'm now onto Kanto part 4, which isn't made yet. It will be made then tested and then I can move onto the final touches, then the final test.

that's good that your not quitting Link, i'm looking foward to the final Version of this, i have played up until kanto on this and i must admit this is one of my favourite hacks, and no i don't have nostalgia goggles or whatever i actually despise G/S/C anyway good luck and if you ever need help with something hack related other than scripting, give me a message xD

EDIT: i see that you need a graphic artist i could help you out from monday when i have free time and stuff (And get my computer back) if not aww well :) good luck anyway.

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
Quick question, I'm playing Beta 2.1, and I just got enough coins to buy a Scyther in the Goldenrod Game corner, but whenever I buy it, it's Swarm, not Technician. Could someone tell me if it's always going to be Swarm or am I just getting unlucky, thanks!

Last edited:

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
Quick question, I'm playing Beta 2.1, and I just got enough coins to buy a Scyther in the Goldenrod Game corner, but whenever I buy it, it's Swarm, not Technician. Could someone tell me if it's always going to be Swarm or am I just getting unlucky, thanks!

well Technician is an ability for 4th gen games meaning it hasn't been invented in FR

Varelse

Indeed a fan
Years
well Technician is an ability for 4th gen games meaning it hasn't been invented in FR
Oh lol, didn't know that....Thanks
icon10.gif

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Hey, this is a really nice hack. I'd just like to point out the good and bad about this hack.

The Bad:
Some crappy spritework- all Johto gym leaders so far (bugsy has googly eyes, fail), male trainer battle backsprite, female trainer in general, AXEL battle sprite, and female rocket members

A few glitches- I talked to one guy in the rocket hideout in Mohogany town, and the game crashed, and the text is glitchy in some areas.

The good-
Awesome Pokemon Center,
I love the new additions to the original storyline,
Awesome stat boxes in battle

Hope all this made sense

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Hey, this is a really nice hack. I'd just like to point out the good and bad about this hack.

The Bad:
Some crappy spritework- all Johto gym leaders so far (bugsy has googly eyes, fail), male trainer battle backsprite, female trainer in general, AXEL battle sprite, and female rocket members

A few glitches- I talked to one guy in the rocket hideout in Mohogany town, and the game crashed, and the text is glitchy in some areas.

The good-
Awesome Pokemon Center,
I love the new additions to the original storyline,
Awesome stat boxes in battle

Hope all this made sense

I never made any of the sprites you mentioned we just useds other artist's work, so I'll make some custom ones. As for Axel's battle sprite, I strongly agree with you. I always hated Axel's tacky battle sprite (which I never made). However, LaZ did. In the past, I did make an Axel sprite but LaZ chose the current one over this:
frlgemtr046.png

But LaZ wanted a cape on it. Which I didn't want to do because capes look tacky.

Last edited:

AshtonTS

Umbreon
Years
  • Age 27
  • CT
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
I never made any of the sprites you mentioned we just users other artist's work, so I'll make some custom ones. As for Axel's battle sprite, I strongly agree with you. I always hated Axel's tacky battle sprite (which I never made). However, LaZ did. In the past, I did make an Axel sprite but LaZ chose the current one over this:

But LaZ wanted a cape on it. Which I didn't want to do because capes look tacky.

Yeah. I like the one you made much better. It looks more realistic. Anyway, most of the spritework is really, really nice, just not the ones that you didn't make :) BTW, I really like Clair's sprite, so not ALL the gym leaders are bad ;)
This is such a good hack. I can't stop playing it. It's so interesting! Nice work

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
@LaZ Hey I'm glad to see ya back and working on this project. Hope to see some more of the stuff I love from your original beta's. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Bug Found

Is this bug fixed in 3.1:
If you go inside the burned tower and see suicune etc, the screen freezes.

Last edited:

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Is day and night going to be a feature in 3.1? And if it is, are the windows going to be lit at night? Maybe even some lampposts?
EDIT: Is it possible for LaZ to send me LC 3.0 because I lost mine. I got it over on thepkmnworld about half a year ago.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Is this bug fixed in 3.1:
If you go inside the burned tower and see suicune etc, the screen freezes.

I will work on that but i never received the bug before, so can not promise it.

Is day and night going to be a feature in 3.1? And if it is, are the windows going to be lit at night? Maybe even some lampposts?
EDIT: Is it possible for LaZ to send me LC 3.0 because I lost mine. I got it over on thepkmnworld about half a year ago.

Currently the pallets will not change to make things light up at night, however that would be very awesome and i could probably sort something for the next beta. I can't send you the 3.0 again because I don't have that file anymore sorry :(

UPDATE: I'm 35% done with kanto part 4, and also I have something special. A friend of mine interviewed me and zeikku about the hack and other things. Here is the link to the promo video he made of liquid crystal beta 3.1 a while back.

The link to the mp3 download is in the description of the video. Remember if you liked the video and the interview, then don't forget to subscribe to VK ;)

Last edited:
Back