• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Flame of Destiny

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years

Many of my friends are thinking what game I am making. Well, this is it...
title_thread.png

Made with: RPG Maker XP
Language: English

General Info
Pokémon Flame of Destiny is designed using Poccil's amazing Pokémon Essentials.
It is set in the regions of Azruf(first) and Shanoux(second), commonly known as the Bibbur-Si Continent, which is enclosed in the triangle of Hoenn, Johto, and Fiore. (In other words, south of Fiore, west of Johto, and east of Hoenn.)
It is set in Advanced Generation style due to RPGXP limitations.
It will feature all 493 Pokémon, but some have new evolution methods due to the lack of some RSE/DP-Pt features.
Some of the in-game tilesets are custom tilesets that I ripped from somewhere(though I forgot where I ripped them).
Unlike some Essentials games, Pokémon Flame of Destiny will feature a revised Platinum battle system(no Trainer front-sprite animations yet)! Yes, Pokémon Flame of Destiny will feature new Platinum formes, abilities, and attacks!

Legends:
Creation Myth of Sinnoh
In the void, there was nothing.
From the void emerged the Original One.
It created the deities of time and space.
Thus, time begin to spin.
Space began to expand.
However, the new universe seemed empty.
The Original One created three beings, the Beings of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower.
The three new beings created the world.
Thus, the Original One rested into eternal slumber.

Thousands of years have passed.

Legend of the Bibbur-Si Continent
The Land of Bibbur-Si is home of two peaceful regions, the Regions of the Beast of the Sea and of the Guardian of the Sky.
However, war has started in the border of the two regions.
It has known that the cause of the war is the Renegade Pokémon, turning men into evil.
The Beings of Knowledge, Emotion and Willpower learned of the chaos.
So they give new life to four new Pokémon.
The first one can burn even the strongest foe.
The second one burns the foe when enraged.
The third one can inflict a burn on a single kick.
And, the fourth one burns a foe with all its limbs.
The four new Pokémon battled the Renegade Pokémon, and so they defeated it.
On the northern and the southern areas of Bibbur-Si,
They split up to watch the men, watching every move.
In the north, the second and third Pokémon watch.
The others are at the south, watching everything.
That is the legend of the Land of Bibbur-Si.

Main Storyline:
You, as a young trainer-to-be, lives at the Azruf Region. It's your first day with a Pokémon. You went to the lab of the Continental Professor(Professor Cleo) to get your first Pokemon. After you got a trendy S.S. Ticket from a house in your hometown, you'll find out that a Trainer, who wants to be your rival, battles you. Your quest: win the Bibbur-Si League, travel to Fiore, and accept few ranger missions. Sounds easy, doesn't it?
As you advance into the game, a sinister team is in the Indragiri Forest, harassing a youngster who is looking for an Exeggcute! The sinister team is known as Team C.A.T.(Citizenship Advancement Training), which is after the four mysterious Pokémon hiding in the whole continent! They wanted to capture them for their "training" plans! Team C.A.T. kidnaps Trainers from the whole continent, and trains them to become their officials! The poor Trainers who are kidnapped are not allowed to eat, drink, or even sleep! The fate of the Bibbur-si Continent depends on you! Can you stop Team C.A.T.? Or will the Bibbur-Si Continent fall into ruin?

Information about the villainous team:
Team C.A.T. (known as Citizenship Advancement Training) is after the four mysterious Pokémon in the whole Bibbur-Si continent. The villainous team is founded by a strange Trainer named Ben John, with almost the same personality as Cyrus. He wanted to capture the four mysterious Pokémon. To fulfill his dream, what he did is to command some of his students to kidnap Trainers from the whole continent to build a large army to catch all the powerful legendary Pokémon, and to not only rule the Bibbur-Si continent under military regime, but also other regions like Johto and Hoenn.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

More to come!

Support this game!
Here are the userbars. Feel free to make one, and post it here if you wish.
userbar-charizard.png

userbar-flameofdestiny.png

userbar-typhlosionblaziken.png

Map of Bibbur-Si: Coming Soon!

Credits:
Nintendo - for creating Pokemon
Poccil - for the amazing starter kit
4th Gen Matt - for his amazing resource pack
Wichu - for some help in scripting
If I forgot someone, let me know.

Waudby

The game looks promising with a few quirks to it, the text box looks a bit strange so maybe fix that slightly, the custom background for the summary screen isn't at all Pokémon styled and makes the game look very bad and unprofessional.

The story line is very clichéd but then again what storyline isn't these days.

Overall, this looks like a good project just needs a few professional touches here and there :D

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Hmm... If I'm not wrong, the Proffessor was from Pokemon Acanthite right?
Did you get his permission?
Well, I agree with Waudby, the Pokemon Summary looks bad.
Not match with Pokemon style.
That's all my critique.
No offense.^^

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Sry but the game is not looking so good...
1- you copied the professor from acanthyte
2- My game already has the poketest for the starters event, if you want go ahead T-T.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
The background of the Pokemon summary screen...

Yeah. I tried something like that and some of the pictures worked and others didn't. You have to be careful when you combine real world pictures with pixel cartoons.

I won't really say anything about this game now. Infinite Rainbow started out pretty bad and look how good it has gotten now.

You look like an absolute beginner so you should spend a lot of time practicing. I recommend you join the team of another game to get some experience.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Yes true and all but that didnt steal acanthites professor now did it?
Also hmm apon reading the story section and the legends area it sounded a lot like amethysts story. So i read the 2 and compared them. I found them very very alike.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Actually this is a frankstein game, there is things form all other fan games, the professor, the starter chose event and also the story (ive only read it now)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
~link smash~: I'm glad you noticed too. In fact, I'll go into more detail below :O

Anyway (to the game's creator): May I advise you to actually write out your features and story from scratch, instead of just copying mine and changing some words? Seriously, this thread is just a rip-off of mine. Here's the proof - my thread:
Spoiler:

And here's FoD's:
Spoiler:

I've highlighted the similarities - come on, that's blatantly plagiarism!

EDIT: Also:
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:

The credit list ends the same way as mine, with
Let me know if you think you should be on this list.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
He stole Acanthite's sprite and then copied Wichu's thread as template?!
Well, you seems to be not ready for game making.
Try to read rules, DO NOT STEAL UNTILL YOU GET PERMISSION!
That's the most important rules when you start game making.

Back