• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: TCA

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Oh gullible mortals, if you knew the endless awesomness we were cooking up on the storyline front, I'm sure all of you non-tcg lovers would still want to play this game :D But yeah, as Waudby says, the TCG is not emphasised, unless you want it to be, and there will be lots of minigames, plot twists and sub quests. I'm sure you'll have enough to do. And then of course....*winks at James*

Years
Hmmm... Looks kind of like Pokémon R/S/E: Legends.

Anyway, glad to see someone else try out the isometric style. There is still a bit of the style that needs improved, for example anti-aliasing, proper shading, detail, and appropiate palettes. I don't really want to go into detail on this at the moment, but will later.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ah so if you want there will be the same game but instead of tcg regular old Pokemon battles? Well that is perfectly fine you now can say with certainty you can please both worlds.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Uh, no I don't think that's what James meant. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he meant there would be a battle mode for players who wanted to play the TCG more.

Waudby

Hmmm... Looks kind of like Pokémon R/S/E: Legends.

Anyway, glad to see someone else try out the isometric style. There is still a bit of the style that needs improved, for example anti-aliasing, proper shading, detail, and appropiate palettes. I don't really want to go into detail on this at the moment, but will later.

Yeah it was R/S/E: Legends that inspired the style, I really liked that game, and also I did some scripting work for it so it was a shame to see it fade into nothingness. So I decided to attempt the style.

Ah so if you want there will be the same game but instead of tcg regular old Pokemon battles? Well that is perfectly fine you now can say with certainty you can please both worlds.

As riceeman said, what I meant was the battle mode would be a straight up TCG mode, where you just select an opponent and battle as much as you want to.

The story mode will feature TCG battles, but due to their nature wont be the tool to bring everyone down because well, they're only cards. So there will be other things to help push the story line along as well.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
Years
I have a question...

If in case Pokemon™ will release new rare cards (or maybe a new generation of Pokemon and their cards)... Would you update this and how exactly if you will?

I cant wait for this! :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Well the cards used for this game are all fan-made, so I would think they wouldn't update when Nintendo released new cards, as they could update with their own new cards whenever they felt like it.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Yes, basically, there are all new cards, made by yours truly, mostly used in the game. There will be some official cards used though, but we can do things like that in expansion pakcs and such, which is actually another cool thing about Sphere. We can just make new sets of cards, release them and you canuse them with your existing game ^_^

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2010
Wow this is amazing, really. I wish I could help but my skills are iffy. Everything is awesome!!

Years
Yes!!! This is what I've been looking for! I was so disappointed that there were no new TCG games coming out, cuz I really enjoyed the original one, and I'd LOVE to play TCG again! ^^

Keep up the good work!

Waudby

Wow this is amazing, really. I wish I could help but my skills are iffy. Everything is awesome!!

Yes!!! This is what I've been looking for! I was so disappointed that there were no new TCG games coming out, cuz I really enjoyed the original one, and I'd LOVE to play TCG again! ^^

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments, work on this game will be slowed right down for a bit, while I practise my A.I coding skills and work on something else that you will see soon :)

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Hey umm do you have a hack named pokemon odyssey because thats the name of my hack and ive had it for like 2 months?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
And?
I hope the ESRB don't get the records wrong...

Oh wait.... It's a fan game.... My error [/kidding!].

This game has been around since April (since the first post if you checked).
Plus, if you do a forum search, you'll see this game (in it's original forum) has been around a long time.

I'm sure someone else would also like to add the famous statement of this section.
"THIS IS NOT A HACK" :P

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Not entirely correct Neo.

ZOMG U NOOB, TIS NT HACK SECTION, laern to raed NOOB

Wow, I don't think I can talk noob any more lol

As far as I know there isn't a Hack named Pokémon Odyssey so you should be fine ;)

Pat Dude

I think, therefore I am.
Years
Wow. I read the first post, and it blew my mind. I mean, Waudby + TCG = Awesomeness.

Anyway, I would love to help with this game and was thinking I could be a card designer, maybe? I've played the Gameboy game twice and currently doing a third run, and would love to share my card ideas.

Also, one last question, are there going to be Fakémon? Such as completely new species or even just (pre)evolutions of existing Pokémon? Because I have a few ideas for some.

Back