• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
Years
Hi, i noticed that you added support for the HM fly. I was just woundering if you were going to make an example of this in a later relese.
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
If anyone encounters problems loading the project file, then it helps to use an older version and to accordingly change the text of "game.rxproj" to "RPGXP 1.01" or "RPGXP 1.00".

Darklight

Pokemon Whitelight Version
Years
Hi Poccil!
First, I thank you for this starter kit you're making.
You're a God for all Pokemon-game makers.
Well, there's still a few things I want to ask you:
-Can you include a fullscreen option?
-Can you make a detailed guide to use these scripts (like how to add attacks, items etc. And how to add the attack description)
-Can you make a guide on how to use the Animation Editor?

Well, I know this isn't so easy for you but if you can do it we'll be very grateful to you.

Thanks in advance...
Goodbye

Years
xD Thanks for this Poccil it works awsomely :P... Except for when I try to add one badge it glitches so I can't move....
Can anyone help me with this please? ^^
Spoiler:

~Thanks

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The problem is that the second event page is based on a parallel process trigger.

As I realized not long ago, my custom message system can cause the game to freeze if a text event command is placed on an event page with a parallel process trigger. In fact, I don't tend to recommend placing text event commands or other commands that require user input on such event pages. The fix for this problem is to augment Event Page 1:

Code:
Conditional Branch:  Script:  pbTrainerBattle ...
  [b]Text:  Dang oh well you won...
  Script:  $Trainer.badges[0]=true[/b]
  Control Self Switch:  A =ON
End Branch

After doing so, Event Page 3's self switch can be changed to A instead of B and Event Page 2 can be deleted.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
I have some questions about the features, if someone dosen't mind answering them for me. :)

1) Are IVs and EVs added to the starter kit, also base stats for every single Pokemon?

2) Are natures and abilities added to the start kit, with the same powers of the GBA games?

3) Can you add shiny Pokemon, I am guessing you can by the sprites in the pack?

4) What PokeFeature as been added or is avalable, i.e PokeGear etc. What is in the starter kit and works?

5) Can Pokemon have hold items?

6) Dose the PC work? Hall of Fame, Pokemon Storage, Item Storage etc?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my questions. :)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I always hate posting in here bothering you Poccil. lol im sure you get tons of questions now. lol

Anyway, the way i use this kit is i copy all the important things from your demo into my file folder instead of copying my important stuff to yours, so the switches you have set for the kit are already used as other things in my game so i was wondering where i could change those in the script file so that everything still works, for example the starting over switch where is that set? i hope you understand. thanks you in advance this kit is awsome.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
1. Pokemon's stats are calculated exactly as they are in the games, thus they have Individual Values and Effort Values. Base stats for each Pokemon are defined in PBS/pokemon.txt . That file is designed so new Pokemon can easily be created.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. There is a possibility to meet wild shiny Pokemon in the games.

4. There is the Pokedex and PokeGear, as well as the bag, shops, PC, and Pokemon Center.

5. Yes they can. You can try it for yourself by selecting a Pokemon and choosing Item.

6. Only Pokemon storage is supported in the PC system. Item storage is not necessary because it's easier to increase the bag's maximum size.

Minorthreat0987:

The constant STARTING_OVER_SWITCH as well as other important constants are defined at the top of the script section PokemonField. Also note that the variables numbered 1 through 25 are reserved by the game system and should not be used by custom games.

Due to a request I have made a short guide on using the animation editor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
I war that not… Flameguru

you can show me it
with pictures with 1,2,3 and so on?
Please :(

I Mean in the pokestarter is 386 pokemons i will a new paste it is 387 pokemons become ^__^

I will Tuwtwig paste.

hope can me help Pokê Fan

Last edited:

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
I war that not… Flameguru

you can show me it
with pictures with 1,2,3 and so on?
Please :(

I Mean in the pokestarter is 386 pokemons i will a new paste it is 387 pokemons become ^__^

I will Tuwtwig paste.

hope can me help Pokê Fan

Heya, I think I know what you mean now. You know that there are 386 Pokemon in the game Bulbasaur to Deoxys, but you want to add more i.e Turwig to the game.

If thats what you mean let us know and someone will help you. Also poccil thanks for answering my questions. ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
As I regret to say, in the current version, even though it is possible to create custom Pokemon, some portions of the script still assume a maximum of 386 species. I will edit the code to remove that limit.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
So if you would want to have all 386 and new ones you would not be able to do so? Unless you delete some older Pokemon, and replace them for new Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
In the current version, practically, yes. However, I can easily solve this problem by reading the data compiled data files and getting the total number of species, instead of relying on a constant.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
So basically you can edit the scripts to allow more then 386 Pokemon. Are you going to make it so you can add as many Pokemon any wants, or a certain amount per person?

Years
I've tried to transfer player to other map than test map, after intro - this happened:

Spoiler:

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back