• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Preferred e-mail client?

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I have gmail, yahoo, & hotmail

I prefer gmail because it has less ads - though they keep updating it so it can get annoying.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Thunderbird; responsive, and simple to use but not at the cost of functionality, just like the browser for which Mozilla are better known. I also use it for RSS.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My preferred email client?

I just use a pinned Outlook.com to my taskbar. You can technically say that my client is Internet Explorer 9 :3

droomph

weeb
Years
I use live.com because it's the newest, and whatever msn yaaaaaaay.

My gmail is used for google stuff and facebook notifications, and my yahoo is pretty much useless because I signed up for like a million different newsletters lol

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
For my main account, I use Yahoo because it's same account I've been using since 2005 so I don't feel like using anything else. I have many other emails that I created over the years to sign up for many sites more than once cause I'd be to lazy to retrieve my password. But I rarely use these. I also have secondary account on AOL that I also use pretty often. Might try Thunderbird cause it sounds very useful.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
My preferred is G-mail because it's easier to make a new one if necessary, but if I need to send anything to anyone, I'll use Messenger (AKA Hotmail, Live, etc xD)

Guy

just a guy
Years
I've had so many different e-mail addresses and used so many different e-mail clients, one could say it's concerning. I most definitely prefer Gmail above them all though. Hotmail became too much of a mess for me and I gave up on that client years ago. The only reason I ever had one was for MSN, and now I just use Skype.

I like the new Yahoo, but I really don't use it except for maybe if I'm signing up for something and I don't want to use my main e-mail account. Other than that, I've tested a few other clients in the past, but these are the three that's most memorable to me.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've been using Hotmail since 2008 and its been my primary client since.

Once I start college though they got this new email account for me to use, so that'll be my primary in a few months.

Years
Generally an email client refers to a program you use to access your emails - such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc. I'd personally call Gmail/Hotmail and the like 'email providers/services'.

My main and uni accounts are Gmail-based and I run them through Mac Mail/iOS Mail. I do use my main account through Gmail's web client on my Windows desktop, however.

I also have a MobileMe account for professional purposes, because [email protected] looks far better than any other suffix on resumes and applications.

PokéZoom

~Gotta Catch Em All
Years
I've been using Gmail for yeeeaaarrrsss and it's done everything I've ever needed it to do. I don't see myself switching to anything else anytime soon.

Scripturient

I think I've lost it.
Years
After having Gmail for several years and testing many others as they came along. I must say, I am most pleased by what google offers in the email department.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I use Gmail and GMX mail. I prefer to check both on my phone though, it's more convenient.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I use Hotmail and my university's own email client. I don't email enough to bother checking for alternatives but Hotmail's always been really reliable for me and works perfectly for everything I could want. I might look into gmail soon though simply because my Hotmail username is rather childish and I'll need a more professional one soon haha.

Schnider

→ Beautiful ☆
Years
I have many accounts. Many, believe me. But I usually use only gmail and hotmail. Gmail for most of the stuff concerning registration on sites and official work while hotmail is used for skype.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
My preferred E-Mail client is Opera... Simple, fast, and has a lot you can customize.

As for E-Mails, I currently have just a couple E-Mails to work with, I like to use my own domain for my official stuff. Or to surprise people, I occasionally use my @goatse.cx E-Mail, I have a few canonical ones for different jobs and a general Gmail account for that. I just accumulated the rest via various things. One used to be my YouTube login for example.

Spoiler:

Back