• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen What? Golbat stopped evolving!

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
Nowadays I just a enter a code to activate it at the start, Its not a problem since most of the Non-Kanto pokemon only appear after the Elite Four :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Grr! Yes, it bothered me very much.

I also was very frustrated when I traded over my Onix that was holding a Metal Coat and then it stopped evolving -_-

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
If felt like a rather unorthodox removal as the game was going for a remake of the titles, not an actual recreation of them. I would've used Kingdra or Crobat in my party as well if I was able to evolve them.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Man, was it irritating. My Golbat in FireRed had to wait for about thirty levels before it finally got to evolve into Crobat. I wanted to have a Crobat for the gyms so bad. ;-; although I do understand why they did it. It just really irked me.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
A poor decision, imo, and one I was very glad to see gone by HGSS. It wouldn't have had a big impact on hurting nostalgia or whatnot imo, and it was just frankly annoying too. And Golbat really suffers given how good Crobat can be for the ingame run.

Back