• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Include a Skype RPing event! Not like a competition, necessary, but just like a RPC get-together thing in the summer (or winter lol) and not necessarily related to PC's big get-together. Would seem nice to do it around the RPOs.

Someone could create a premise and we'd all sign up with characters in a thread and agree on a date and time and then we'd make a group convo (or several to split it up if there were too many people joining) and RP it out, trying to stay IC and maybe discussing in the thread OOC. A turn list for players could be used and one liners would be okay!

? :>

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Include a Skype RPing event! Not like a competition, necessary, but just like a RPC get-together thing in the summer (or winter lol) and not necessarily related to PC's big get-together. Would seem nice to do it around the RPOs.

Someone could create a premise and we'd all sign up with characters in a thread and agree on a date and time and then we'd make a group convo (or several to split it up if there were too many people joining) and RP it out, trying to stay IC and maybe discussing in the thread OOC. A turn list for players could be used and one liners would be okay!

I was thinking about something similar to this a few days ago, actually. I'd do it (if I'm available, that is)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

This sounds like a very good idea. I would definitely join something like that c:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Alright so I have a time frame for how long I'll be gone :). I'm leaving on Monday and will be back around July 26th. Though I won't be able to post I will be checking PC whenever I get the chance so I know what's going on in all the RP's I'm in.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I like the Skype Event type thing. I'd definitely be up for it, though perhaps we'd need to it happen at least two times in a 24 hour period? Seeing as not all of us are in the same hemisphere.

The category of "Battle" from last year's RPO was good, we should definitely do that again because it was the most RP-like. I just didn't like the whole "signing up with a partner" bit, mainly because I didn't really know that many people. I think it would be fun to just do random match ups (if that's what you want), gives you a chance to RP with someone you might not have before and see how well you play off each other.

I also like a continuation type thing, where a poster1/P1 would respond to a preset situation and then the next one (P2) who reply to it but also involving P1 posting as well, and so on. Except it would be a bit difficult because... well, you'd have to wait for the person before you to post to be able to make one. hmph.

I thought it was a bit weird that the creators of the RPO didn't even participate in their own event? I'm sure you weren't judging every category... seems a bit unnecessary and anti-social ;p.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
everybody back the truck up​
because its time for some HELLA ADVERTISING​

So basically theres this kick ass rp out there by RetroBug. It's called Downworlders and the first thing you need to know about it is that it will melt your sternum through sheer epicness. Anyways, the OOC Thread can be found here. Click it to be amazed.

Magnificent, isnt it? Join now before all the spots close up and you look like a huge tool for not being a killer vampire or a sweet Shadowhunter. I mean damn. Fantastic, out.​

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
The RPOs sound pretty amazing. Not gonna lie, but I'm a bit sad that this most recent quarter of RPAs was skipped. Lol, I was kinda wondering who would win best rookie Roleplayer.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
After talking to AlexOzzyCakes, I am thinking of resurrecting Starsprite's Synchronicity. I have VM'd for her permission, however I know she has a lot going on IRL and doesn't make it online very often at the moment.

Anyway, the premise of the RP is that there is a tournament where trainers and their pokémon are teamed up with each other to test their compatibility. There was also an underlying plot, aside from the tournament, however not much of that was revealed in the last run.

Is anyone interested in this team work themed RP?​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ SwiftSign, the problem with teamwork themed RPs is that if one player goes inactive, the other will have a hard time continuing. Has happened in RPs before.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
@ SwiftSign, the problem with teamwork themed RPs is that if one player goes inactive, the other will have a hard time continuing. Has happened in RPs before.

Yeah, I believe he had a bit of an issue with that, however I'm thinking of ways to make the system flexible enough to take the hit. People may only be selected if they've been in other RPs, or been a member for over a month, to account for people running off :/.

Also, I know people often get tied up about whos turn it is to post and whatnot, so I would be looking to pair people based on their timezone / online time rather than totally randomly.

Years
@Swift - It sounds like a really interesting RP, but I'd hate to see it go the way that Forsaken did. All the RPers in that were usually quite active and it was a great RP but it was closed in its dying throws because people couldn't keep active with continuous partner-related posts.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Perhaps it would be better to base the 'synchronicity' on the trainer and their pokémon (in anticipation for something similar in X/Y). Means that if pairs are made they are more flexible, and perhaps only last for one event.

Y/N?

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
I've been considering making a civilization RP here based off of Pokémon. The world used will be original, and it will have its geography and all that.

However, I will feel a lot more comfortable if I've got an experienced and active RP'er from here who is willing to help me GM this thing, just to help it run smoothly.

Please note that I'm a somewhat experienced RP'er, and some of my favorite RP's in the past have been civ RP's. However, this is the first time I've created rather than merely participated in any sort of well-planned RP, in the several years I've been doing so. In light of this, please note that I'm specifically seeking those who have a good track record of creating successful RP's or otherwise GM'ing them.

I'll pull the hard work in creating the RP, but I would very much appreciate creative support in creating events which will move the plot along during slow periods, creating NPC factions, and moderating the RP in general.

Any takers?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I'd be interested in a RP like that :D
and a Suckerpunch one, but one seems to like taking risks with RPs of this sort :/

I could help! :D
I dunno how "successful" my RPs have been, but I've GMed a share of them.
Plus I'm rarely inactive with no reason :p
So... if no one who could do a better job (see: everyone else) offers, I'd gladly help out with whatever you want! :D

Cosmic Fury

Years
Not the computer game. It's just an RP where you create a civilization and interact with other players. It may be vaguely compared with it, but the end goal isn't necessarily to dominate the world and wipe all others off the map.

Years
@Cosmic - Elite would be a great choice to help you out :) I could also lend a hand if you want although I don't know how well I'd pull off GMing (even co-GMing) a seventh RP. I too am curious as to how this would work.

Cosmic Fury

Years
I'd like all the help I can get. Our VM conversation so far contains a lot of the ideas I've got in mind for the RP. Any help would be very much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back