• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Here's a little something i'm developing slowly. All bottom screen images are custom made by me and same goes for the scripts, (Except the resolution changer :D)
So yeah, it's for Pokemon Essentials. What do you guys think?

twilightpreview.jpg

It's pretty much just another dual screen system so not that special :/
Oh yeah, once i've completely finished everything, all of my work on this will be open source :)

Last edited:

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
What is the MIC for? Are you adding some sort of noise based minigames?

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
P3DO.png

So far it's 3D and can connect online, it also has a working message box.
It's going to be a game where you battle people online and such :3(If it ever meets a beta XD)
It's not hosted on a server but instead players host the matches

EDIT:
P3DO2.png

I think Bulbasaur looks odd :/ he's animated though lol, The bottom right box will have a faceset for a pokémon, and an HP bar.(There will be another in the top left for your opponent.)

Last edited:
Years
I found some maps I made for an old project I worked on that was never revealed to the community.

The maps were made in RPG Maker 2003.

This route was never given a number. It connected town #4 and #7.
Town #7 (The doors aren't there because I didn't add the events)
Town #10 (I'm aware of the mapping errors behind the Pokémart)

These maps haven't been altered from their initial stages as designed Around 3-4 years ago.
Please don't mention the tree shading, I know it's not done correctly.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
For maps done 3/4 years ago, they sure do look good. These would of been top rated maps in their day.
I don't know if there is any point mentioning my complaints since I'm assuming the project is no longer in development but the pathways bug me. To make dirt paths look more natural they should be wider then 2 tiles in parts.
Make it look like they are worn in paths rather then man made concrete paths.

Town 10 is my favorite.

Great Mazinger

nope.avi
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
x2.png

Looks like the detail on those ground tiles should be a bit less visible now I've had a chance to see how they look in-game. The trees are a bit wonky too.

Photoshop also doesn't seem to want to save huge tilesets as PNG, so I seems I have to save it as a TIFF then load it up in Paint.NET to save it as a PNG :/

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Great Mazinger I love the richness of your graphics they are so much better pixelated then the regular pokemon essintials tileset.

Poeman, How in the world are you doing that? Are you using some kind of script along with the graphics it looks interesting.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Oh sorry, I never could figure out how to use Game Maker too well good job anyways!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
Oh I didnt really mean it as an apoligy... I hate waiting I have to get to 15 posts b4 I can show my screens here :(

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Here is the map of my new project.
2z5q447.png

Have you seen a similar map before?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Yes it is. That building is one of the contact buildings for the space ship which plays a part in the game.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
5/10 it looks to similar to littleroot, unless it is littleroot town.

The trees are good, the town needs a footpath, dirt or concrete would do.
i would move the flowers from the middle, because its right in the middle of the town,
so people would be walking all over them, especially with no footpath,
I would move them a little south east.
and put a sign near it, saying the town name, or something.

adjust the mountain/hill where the building stands on, and add some boulders to mix it up, that should make it look good.

--------------

Heres some of mine, It uses second generation graphics for a reason, its ment to have a retro feel, It's made with RPGmaker 2003. the transparent [e]'s mean Event, like trainer, item ball, cutting tree, teleport etc.

Academy Garden. Sort of a garden/park, squirtles run wild, The academy that the garden belongs to is to the south, a route is to the north.
Spoiler:

Brevis town (misspelled on the pic, brevis means small is latin)
Just a junction town, north is situs mountain, south is route 2, east is Arbor Forest (arbor means wood in latin :P)
Spoiler:

EDIT: heres an alternative version. The 2x2 rocks have their proper floor terrain, which one do you think is better, I like the "Fauly" version for some reason.
alternative version.
Spoiler:

Route 2. nothing special. north is brevis town.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Here is the map of my new project.
2z5q447.png

Have you seen a similar map before?

I hope that's a deliberate extension of Littleroot and not an attempt at making a completely different map using RSE tiles.

Anyway, there is too much open space. Close it up!

5/10 it looks to similar to littleroot, unless it is littleroot town.

The trees are good, the town needs a footpath, dirt or concrete would do.
i would move the flowers from the middle, because its right in the middle of the town,
so people would be walking all over them, especially with no footpath,
I would move them a little south east.
and put a sign near it, saying the town name, or something.

adjust the mountain/hill where the building stands on, and add some boulders to mix it up, that should make it look good.

--------------

Heres some of mine, It uses second generation graphics for a reason, its ment to have a retro feel, It's made with RPGmaker 2003. the transparent [e]'s mean Event, like trainer, item ball, cutting tree, teleport etc.

Academy Garden. Sort of a garden/park, squirtles run wild, The academy that the garden belongs to is to the south, a route is to the north.
Spoiler:

Brevis town (misspelled on the pic, brevis means small is latin)
Just a junction town, north is situs mountain, south is route 2, east is Arbor Forest (arbor means wood in latin :P)
Spoiler:

Route 2. nothing special. north is brevis town.
Spoiler:

That's great map design! I'm actually struggling to find faults! Looks very proffesional. Well done.:cer_nod: looks like I'm not the only one who likes using Latin names in games (or in my case a hack).

One thing though... Bervis Town. The large 2x2 rocks should have grass around them (green), not mountainous rock (brown).

Keep it up!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
@ cynic
Thanks, I was going to change to rocks, but part of me wants to keep them like that.. I remember the rocks being like that for G/S/C. but heres the alternative version.
Spoiler:

for some reason.. I like the "Fauly" version better, ill probably have the the above pic as the actual map.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2021
I agree very well done some people might say they look horrible becuase of the graphics but when you look at the map itself it really looks good. Seems like they are maps from an actual pokemon game good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back