• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midnight Releases!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Have you ever been to a midnight release before? For what films? Was it worth doing?

I've gone for only two movies, which were the final Harry Potter film and the final Batman film. It was a fun thing to do and recommend you do it at least once!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I went to go see Titanic 3D at midnight! Not my wisest idea, considering I was in a cinema full of a) pre-teen and teenage girls crying for Jack Dawson, the love of their live, b) moms who had seen the film when it came out and were crying for the same reason as the people in a), half of whom are their own daughters, c) men who were really in touch with their own emotions and who were not afraid to cry manly tears and finally, d) guys who just wanted Kate Winslet to, as one charming guy put it, "SHOW YOUR MASSIVE TITS!".

Of course, I was crying my eyes out too, but that's an entirely different matter. It was a good night though, 10/10 would recommend doing on the 25th anniversary of the film.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Both of the final Harry Potter movies as well as the midnight release for the Deathly Hallows novel.

I really really really want to go see The Hobbit's midnight release but I want to see it with my boyfriend as well, and I can't go to the midnight release with him so conflicted :(

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
For movies? No. I'd be too tired to get through the entire thing.

Game-wise, I did for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. That was so worth it because of the tournament that was right before it. Lots of fun. But I got to go home and sleep before I spent the entire next day playing the game. That's how I roll!

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
no films really but went to the one for halo 4 and gears of war 3 both were extremely awesome! had a tournament at the gears of war 3 midnight release went home with a standee of the cogs!

Years
For movies, I don't think there's been anything that has truly excited me enough to want to attend a midnight release, when I could just as easily see it the next couple of adays (I'm not usually too worried about spoilers since I'm pretty good at avoiding them).

There have been two times were I thought of attending a midnight release for a game (can't remember which ones), but I figured it wouldn't be worth it. After getting it, I'd probably be home by 1 am, play for half an hour, then have to go to bed to get up early the next morning for work. I'd rather just pick it up on my way home and spend the rest of the night playing it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't particularly see the point of it. The movie's not going anywhere. I can wait till the weekend. XD

The only time I considered it was for The Dark Knight Rises. But not because it was a midnight showing or the first screening or any of that. The theatre was doing a marathon of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX. One day only and I had work, so that didn't work. If they had it on the weekend, I'd have done it

Years
I've gone to a couple. One I wen to was The Last Airbender. My family and I saw it was coming out that night, and it was my birthday (or the night before) so we went to see it. There were some awesome people in full airbender garb, it was awesome. The movie...not so much. Probably not worth it, but eh, it was the summer so sleep wasn't an issue. At least it was kind of funny!? :/

And then another that I went to the midnight release of was Harry Potter 7 part 2. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!! Definitely worth it.

I'll add more if I can think of them!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I go to them as often as I can! I love midnight premieres! I'm a total junkie for them!

I've been to (in chronological order)

The Twilight Saga: New Moon
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises

and just last night

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2

I know I'm way too late with this recommendation now, but seeing Twilight movies at midnight is the best thing in the world. Everything that is hilariously bad about them is even more hilarious when it's after midnight and you're tired. If you can have a really active day and tire yourself out beforehand, even better.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I wouldn't mind a midnight release if something worthwhile was being released at midnight. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a movie, video game, or any other big midnight release that has excited me enough for me to actually go to it. Watching a movie at midnight would be a cool concept, but it would have to be a movie I actually care about.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
I would probably go to a video game midnight release; for example, COD, Pokémon, a new console, etc. ...That was a pathetic list, I know. I haven't ever been to any, but I feel like it would be lots of fun (especially with friends, then pulling an all-nighter after getting it) and it's cool that I'm one of the many people that is playing it before millions of others. I know it's kind of nerdy, but all in all I can say that I was there :)

As for movies, I'm not a huge movie fanatic. I've never been extremely excited for movie--just mildly eager. I couldn't lose some beauty sleep just to waste 2 hours of my time watching a movie that I'll forget about in a week... but that's just me. I tend to forget movies really quickly, lol.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've been to, I believe, one midnight film showing: Inception. And it was kinda by accident as well. I was getting the train back into London after visiting my parents, and my housemate was out at a house party. Turns out I'd forgotten the keys to my house so needed something to do soooooooo Inception midnight screening. Dunno how I managed to get tickets at such short notice - and IMAX ones to boot - but I somehow managed to get in and watch it with hundreds of other crazy Nolan fans!

When I was younger, I queued for two Harry Potter books at midnight. I believe it was #4 and #5, but I could be wrong. The first time, I got there at about 11:45 and was about fourth in line. The next year... nooooooooooooo. Got there an hour earlier and had to queue for over an hour before we were allowed in the shop. Put me off midnight anything. That is, until Inception! :P

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I've always wanted to go to a midnight premiere, never have though. I mean I'm not like a hardcore fan of any move that really comes out, but I do think it'd be fun just to experience the atmosphere of a midnight showing.

And for video games? Heck no.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I would really like to go to a midnight release of a movie, I just wanna have that feeling of watching the movie with it's premiere release at 12am at night with my friends.
I wanna go to the premiere release of the upcoming Justice League movie tho, HUGE DC fan here.
Video game nidmight release? Meh, I'd rather just get it during the day, nothing to exciting about that, plus I wouldn't have that much energy left to play the game since it's midnight and counting the time I have to get back home.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A month ago I went to see Twilight: Breaking Dawn part 2...with a few classmates and even with my history professor (she's a twilight fan too lolol) because we get extra credit for attending :D I'm not much of a midnight release person but sometimes, they are ttly worth it. :D

Back