• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
First time in Ruby, I picked Mudkip. I don't know why really, since I've liked Torchic a lot better ever since.

In LG, I think I chose Charmander, since that's one of my favorite starters. I've never beaten that game :p But whenever I've gotten far in it though, I've used Bulbasaur, not Charmander.

Years
Mudkip and Squirtle! /is a Water type lover :D

I've been using Mudkip everytime I restarted Emerald. Okay, not everytime cos I picked the other 2 to migrate to my Diamond. XD But now since I officially want to start afresh, Swampert is in for me like the oldies. :3

Squirtle was and will always be the adorable Bubble-abusing turtle in my Kanto adventures. x3

NatureKeeper

I am unsure in LeafGreen whether I started with Charmander or Squirtle in my first try. But I do remember a long game with Charizard. Anyways, on all subsequet replays, I chose Squirtle, and I am now having a Squirtle-Only Run (with some revive slaves and hm slaves, XD).

In the RSE games, I rarely ever use anything other than Torchic. Treecko is overrated and Mudkip is, well, Mudkip.

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
Years
Bulbasaur and Torchic.
Bulbasaur because Red from Pokemon Adventures had it.
Torchic because it's a fire-type and Blaziken was awesome.

Years
I chose this guy in my Ruby.

20100622014557%21258Mudkip.png

Well, she was actually a girl!

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Aug 8, 2011
Ruby and Sapphire: Treecko and Mudkip
FireRed and LeafGreen: Squirtle and Bulbasaur
Emerald: Torchic

I remember on my first run though LeafGreen, I didn't have nearly enough training and my teams type layout wasn't really set out well, so I had to wait till I raised a Blastoise and a few others to trade them over to LG to whoop the league, haha.

luigi123

Champion of Jhoto,Sinnoh,Unova
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I picked Torchic and Squirtle because i mainly like both water and fire types

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
I choose the grass type on my first run, and fire on my second every time. Right before my second or third fight with my rival, I always make sure to have a gyarados if I choose grass. It's hard (yet do able in yellow version, I did it without a rom or hacks or anything) to get a gyarados before the fight with Misty. It took nearly a month of training it to get to that level.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
Years
I try to stick with Fire types as much as possible,I only dislike torchic and Tepig.They are substituted by Treecko and Oshawott in their respective versions

DJrulz97

Awesomeness of the Awesomeness
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
starters

ruby: mudkip
Sapphire: Torchic
Emerald: treecko
firered: bulbasaur
leafgreen: charmander

Back