• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Imperial Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
iaza11265077082500.png

INTRODUCTION

"Pokémon: Imperial Sky" may look somewhat familiar to many of you, and this is because it is the reboot of the old Pokemon Helio Version! While much of the game is rather the same, many new places, people, plotlines, and Pokémon await you in this new, amazing, graphically stunning new masterpiece from Perihelion Productions!​

--------------------------------------------------

iaza11265090438200.png

STORY

Centuries ago there was a land that prospered; air filled with happiness, earth rich with peace. This land was known by Emort. The population knew nothing but to worship the god above, bowing to the starry night and glow of the magnificent moon. Their love for the god of the moon, Yastu'kui, led their carefree lives, assuring their well-being. He watched over the land at dark, and they flourished over the land at light. Then things changed. A settlement from far east migrated to their land, largely outnumbering their population. Things started to change. People grew violent. People grew angry. People grew sad and hopeless and scared. Times became dark.

These new people began to spread a new faith among the prior citizens. They led them to the conclusion that they were wrong. There was no moon god. There was only him. Only the god of sun, Tairatu'ah. Confusion spread and riots lit the streets. That is when persecution began. Persecution of the moon worshipers and new life for the sun worshipers. Slowly, the population of the aforementioned moon people dwindled. Whether because of death, migration, conversion, or even time, the land became sparse of their kind. A new era was born.

As time passed, people grew worried and tired of these citizens being persecuted. So a group was formed to help these people and stop the persecution of their kind. You are a strapping young lad who lives in a small town on an island off the coast of mainland Emort. Virtually ignorant to this race war, you become well-aware of it when your neighbor, and crush, decides to join the group intending on helping the persecuted moon-worshippers. In order to impress the girl you decide to throw away all of your previous goals and join this group as well; however, what may seem to be an ordinary charity group may just turn out to create the biggest disaster the Emort Region has ever known!​

CHARACTERS

iaza11265055990200.png

Selene - Love Interest --- Haroun - Friendly Rival

STARTERS

iaza11265079173200.gif

FERNLING - KITTORCH - BUBULL
Grass - Fire - Water

FEATURES

- 251 ORIGINAL Emort Region Pokemon! 144 of which never before seen!
- A completely redesigned Emort Region with tons of areas to explore anew such as deserts, forests, caves, mountains, rivers, oceans, and so much more!
- A larger screen resolution so as to keep up with the latest Pokemon graphics
- A coral reef based Safari Zone to catch a multitude of deep-sea pokemon!
- A captivating, realistic plot to keep you interested throughout the entire game!
- And so much more!

SCREENSHOTS

pokemonimperialskyscree.png

THE POKEMON: IMPERIAL SKY TEAM

Founder / Eventer - Starrmyt

Co-founder / Graphics Head (Pixel Art, sprites, tiles, etc) - Aquakip

Graphics Helper (tiles) - Dewitty

Dialogue Writer - Bards Sword

Scripter - Tylerab01

Sounds / Animations - Rickyboy

Movesets / Stats - FlameKoala

-CREDITS-

Poccil - Poccil's Starter Kit
BoOmxBiG - mountain tiles
KaitoDesign - pond tiles

Pokémon is a trademark of The Pokémon Company™. We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company™, Nintendo, or GameFreak.

TRAILER

SUPPORT US!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6783657#post6783657"][img]http://www.iaza.com/work/120103C/iaza11265065591600.png[/img][/URL]

DO NOT USE ANY WORK FROM THIS THREAD FOR ANY PERSONAL USE

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
My opionion on everything.

The title screen seems a little tacky. Maybe if it where a long loop it'd look better, but now it's just/down up/down.

The in-battle sprites are nice, but seem a little small for the screen resolution and battle interface.

I'm interested to see what happens at the end of the storyline. Do the moon lovers destroy the sun, or vice-versa? Either way, life on earth would be doomed.

For the features, I doubt you'll be able to create 144 new Pokémon, but we'll see.

The Pokémon sprites are good, but are you going to redesign every single past 'mon to be in that style? Otherwise they won't fit in.

The B/W style of tiles you've used is pretty good. It's nice to see that you've gone with the pixel art version of outline-less tiles, not the messy-and-uneven-version-that-some-people-still-love-for-some-insane-reason made by some. The only issue seems to be with the Poké Centre door, which you won't be able to get into.

And now for the end of the thread, and the inevitable demo. Wait... No demo?! This is a massive step back not showcasing the demo, even if there are a few differences between it and this version of the game. I'm sure you could change the graphics very easily, retaining the old events for now.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
My opionion on everything.

The title screen seems a little tacky. Maybe if it where a long loop it'd look better, but now it's just/down up/down.

I understand that. ^_^ I'm actually working on something new and much better. This is a...placeholder, if you will.

The in-battle sprites are nice, but seem a little small for the screen resolution and battle interface.

That's because I'm using a 96x96 proportion. The sprites will be bigger depending on the Pokemon's size.

For the features, I doubt you'll be able to create 144 new Pokémon, but we'll see.

I don't see why you think I can't. I actually already have. So...booyah?

The Pokémon sprites are good, but are you going to redesign every single past 'mon to be in that style? Otherwise they won't fit in.

We're only having fakemon in the game.

The B/W style of tiles you've used is pretty good. It's nice to see that you've gone with the pixel art version of outline-less tiles, not the messy-and-uneven-version-that-some-people-still-love-for-some-insane-reason made by some. The only issue seems to be with the Poké Centre door, which you won't be able to get into.

I don't see an issue...

And now for the end of the thread, and the inevitable demo. Wait... No demo?! This is a massive step back not showcasing the demo, even if there are a few differences between it and this version of the game. I'm sure you could change the graphics very easily, retaining the old events for now.

This is a new game. It's not Helio Version. This is Imperial Sky. The maps are different layouts, there are new events, new stories, new pokemon, new graphics. That would require making a completely new demo...which we are. There is no demo for Imperial Sky yet, because it hasnt been released.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Ohhhhhhh :3 I've been waiting for this.

I'll start of by saying, it just looks AMAZING. The Fakemon looked good; though, I did really like your old ones and didn't necessarily think they needed to be revamped? But that's your choice :P. I like the trees you are using a lot & the custom gym building is simply beautiful.

Baiscally, just keep up the good work! I can't wait for more screenies &, eventually, the demo.

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Clicked it as soon as I saw it!

Oh my god, this looks awesome!
The tiles, the sprites; It's all amazing!
Just one thing... I dislike the whole sprites depending on size thing. It doesn't have that "Pokemon" feel.

But, that doesn't matter! It's your game, you make it how you want!

Sooo, you have my full support on this. If you need any help (Which I highly doubt) don't hesitate to ask me!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
I don't see an issue...
Well the sprite it two pixels too much to the right, so they'll either not be able to go through the door, or just walk through the side.

This is a new game. It's not Helio Version. This is Imperial Sky. The maps are different layouts, there are new events, new stories, new pokemon, new graphics. That would require making a completely new demo...which we are. There is no demo for Imperial Sky yet, because it hasnt been released.
Oh, so you've scrapped most of Helio then? That seems like a big waste. It was one of the few games that actually released a demo, and now you're just starting again.

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
This game has the most amazing sprites ever. The Fakemon aren't half bad either. I have nothing to say here but praise (:

aquakip

Years
@Rossay I'm happy you think that. I found a new style of spriting that I loved and felt like the designs needed updating. I really find it necessary to be happy with the level your game is at and I wasn't happy.

@アルセウス Why thank you. ^_^ I'm happy you like them. :D

@Minezumi Eh, I don't see a problem. I'm just trying to give a little more realism is all. :)

@Peeky Chew I don't see a problem with the center. And, that's your opinion on the demo. It's a different game. If it really means that much to you, it's still available in the other thread.

@Starry Night Thanks! That means so much! :3

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Peeky Chew I don't see a problem with the center. And, that's your opinion on the demo. It's a different game. If it really means that much to you, it's still available in the other thread.
I know it's my opinion, but it does seem a big waste of resources.

And look:
howisthatnotaproblem.png

The character is completely misaligned with the tile grid. This means that they'll teleport through the side of the door in the animation. It also means that they'll go through any other edges at the right in the entire game. But I guess that isn't a problem...

aquakip

Years
@Peeky Chew It's the PC that is misaligned, not the character. It's misaligned on purpose, because of the door's animation.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Peeky Chew It's the PC that is misaligned, not the character. It's misaligned on purpose, because of the door's animation.
So it's done to avoid having three different tiles taken up by the animation? Because if the character is perfectly aligned (which it has to be at 18 pixels wide), then it already is over three tiles. Since three are being taken already, then it doesn't make sense to not move it two pixels to the right, and avoid all of the teleporting through walls trouble as well.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
So it's done to avoid having three different tiles taken up by the animation? Because if the character is perfectly aligned (which it has to be at 18 pixels wide), then it already is over three tiles. Since three are being taken already, then it doesn't make sense to not move it two pixels to the right, and avoid all of the teleporting through walls trouble as well.
Dude, stop whining. It's done that way because it's done that way. You pointed out a flaw. Good work. I applaud you. Now that they've told you that it's not actually a flaw, get over it. It's not your game.

As for the project as a whole, I remember when you guys started Emort way back when on PFU. Good times, those were. It's nice to see the amount of progress you guys have come through.
Might I also add that Felayme (doesn't it strike you that it shouldn't have "lame" in its name?) and Flamane look absolutely badass now. I didn't like the version of Flamane you had for Helio. That is great, though.

I assume that with everything you guys did for Helio, you'll have a massive jump start on this?

AcidicSubstance

Resident Megalo Maniac
Years
Wow, this is looking awesome so far. Lovin the fakemon; it's not often you find a game with decently sprited fakemon n___n i know a lot of people are against fakemons but personally i like that it adds that extra touch of originality to the game. And you're are sprited so damn well.
I also agree with cruciFiction. Your comments were constructive at first, if a bit snippy, but stop dragging out an unnecessary topic Peeky Chew. Your comments have all been addressed, leave it at that.

As for the plot, I like that you've moved away from the traditional "evil organisation" and given the plot a more racial twist. Wars over beliefs and religion are real world topics and its nice to see them in games. I'm curious about the hero though; are you going to make both genders available and then simply have the counterpart be the crush or can a player only be female? I'm certainly not going to tell you how to co-ordinate your plot but having only one gender option might alienate a few players. I do like that you're adding some actual canon romance though lol, not something you see in the real games XD

aquakip

Years
@cruciFICTION It's always nice to see PFU fans still following us. A lot of people assume we started here, but in factuality, we started on that site. :) Felayme is a corpuption of the word Flame.

@AcidicSubstance Thanks for the comment! Our game is actually only going to have one gender for a protagonist. Although that is against the canon (except for some spin offs), we feel like the storyline is too complex for us to really go through the trouble of making two playable characters. Plenty of games out there have just one playable character, and this can be added to the list. :)

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Wow, this looks absolutely amazing!
Everything thus far, is simply stunning. I am also loving the plot, quite a turn on the old Pokémon games here. <3

The only thing, so far, that's bothering me is the title screen. I'm sure it can be much better! It's quite an eye-catch, I'll give you that. However, the "aura" just spans up and down, in a loop. I'm sure with a little extra effort, you can make it look wonderful! Now, regarding the Imperial Sky image, I would say the gradient would be better suited if it were vertical, instead of horizontal... but, that's just me. The background is amazingly simple, yet effective.

aquakip

Years
mahmap.png

Here is the Emort Region map. It is 100% scratch in the BW style. This took me roughly 7 hours to make.

Last edited:
Years
O_O This game looks fantastic! The graphics are astonishing, and the Pokémon look quite realistic.

I don't like the title screen, but I love everyting so far, apart from the title screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back